Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So is it possible to order a new GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Marv800
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So is it possible to order a new GT3?

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I'm not quite clear on what the situation is. I'm a newb for this forum and I couldn't find a definitive answer after searching. A couple threads reference something about allocations being out, but I don't really understand what that means. Porsche's website configurator still suggests I can order a GT3, so I assume that means I can order one. Is this true, or has Porsche just failed to update their website (seems like an odd thing to neglect), and am I unable to order a GT3?
Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv800
Sorry if this question has been asked, but I'm not quite clear on what the situation is. I'm a newb for this forum and I couldn't find a definitive answer after searching. A couple threads reference something about allocations being out, but I don't really understand what that means. Porsche's website configurator still suggests I can order a GT3, so I assume that means I can order one. Is this true, or has Porsche just failed to update their website (seems like an odd thing to neglect), and am I unable to order a GT3?
Supposedly all allocations for the GT3 991.1 have ended with the last cars being built this month and next. However it seems allocations spring up miraculously sometimes, defying explanation. However this happened last November/ December and further allocations most probably not forth coming with the GT3RS now in configuration.

The online Porsche Configurator stays accessible for a long time after the cars are no longer available to order. The 991 50th Anniversary configuation model was live online more than a year after all the cars had been allocated. So that is not a good indicator of availability. For any chance at all call all the dealers, maybe you will get lucky???
Old 03-21-2015, 01:59 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The on-line site allows you to make a theoretical build. To get a car you need to have an allocation from a dealer. However, these allocations are all gone - you won't be able to specify your own car. The only chance of acquiring a car now are you get a second hand one or you find a new car at a dealer. If you find one you need to buy it immediately or it will disappear very quickly.
A final option is that people believe that as current GT3 owners get an RS allocation they will put their GT3 up for sale. Over the past few weeks 3 or 4 GT3's have come up on this forum for sale.
PS - you should also note that second hand cars with approx 5,000 miles on can still sell for MSRP or even above that. This is one sort after car!! Good luck in your search.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:27 AM
Leonardo629
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonathan from Downtown L.A. Porsche just told me 17 GT3s are coming into the country, and that's all of them + plus whatever on the showroom floor. They are already specc'ed out of course, he didn't mention which ones are already spoken for, but he does have a Carrera white one for sale, marked over MSRP.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:13 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Short answer: No, you can NOT order a new GT3. But you can buy a new one.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
Short answer: No, you can NOT order a new GT3. But you can buy a new one.
+1. You might find one inbound that was a dealer spec, but expect to pay OVER MSRP for it. Nada mas on the orders.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:48 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonardo629
Jonathan from Downtown L.A. Porsche just told me 17 GT3s are coming into the country, and that's all of them + plus whatever on the showroom floor. They are already specc'ed out of course, he didn't mention which ones are already spoken for, but he does have a Carrera white one for sale, marked over MSRP.

As a few have posted, we've heard a few comments over the last few months....production will stop end of Dec/14, PTS is a no go any longer, production will now stop end of Feb/15, a few last minute PTS cars being given to few dealers, production will now be into March, 30 more PTS cars to be allocated to dealers, do I need to keep going? So most really don't know, but my guess would be that ordering a new car is finished, so buy one of the few that are now trickling in. Good luck and welcome aboard.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,674 Likes on 776 Posts

Maybe put a deposit down for the 2017 991.2GT3 now?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

The dealer in Dubai has 3 allocations for the GT3. The allocations were given to them from Porsche Middle-East since another dealer in a different country could not sell the cars. So yes it is very possible to spec a car out and have it ordered from a dealer.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
The dealer in Dubai has 3 allocations for the GT3. The allocations were given to them from Porsche Middle-East since another dealer in a different country could not sell the cars. So yes it is very possible to spec a car out and have it ordered from a dealer.
^^^ Not in the US...or so I'm told.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Zero chance on order
Old 03-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This seems implausible since the factory does not maintain a production line capable of building the car to order; perhaps that's more factoid than fact.
As I understand it -- and others closer to the factory might care to correct me -- the line was implemented to build the car, then stopped while the engine problems were rectified, then resumed for a short production run of cars with build dates of Nov, Dec and Jan.
If someone has the numbers, I think it would be interesting to know how many GT3 were built with the lightweight sport buckets — it could end up being one of those anomalously rare 911 builds.
I have a Jan build date. If someone has a VIN plate stamped Feb, it would be an interesting fact to record for GT3 posterity.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:43 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Daggonit, I can't find the Dubai Delivery option on the configurator.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Dubai Has removed the Gt3 configurator from the website, and the RS configurator is now on
Old 03-21-2015, 04:33 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Difficult but i am surprised to hear some people are still getting new allocations. Nobody knows really. I called most dealerships and did not rely on autotrader. But what i would recommend, just grab a ready car than to order one, 4 months is too long and situations change. goodluck.

Quick Reply: So is it possible to order a new GT3?