Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Everyone's Help that Cares About Our Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:39 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm probably in minority, but only interested if there is a performance increase. I still can't figure out if that Akropovic dyno graph floating around really demonstrates a performance increase or just the difference between PSE off and on. I sent them an email on this about a month ago and they have yet to respond.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:43 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems the RS has a more pleasing, resonant/raspy sound...from the vids I have seen...perhaps because of the titanium 3rd muff. titantium has a different resonant frequency than stainless and will sound different.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:48 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

There will be someone who is not satisfied with their new RS exhaust. They will replace it with a lesser performing loud exhaust. I will wait for someone to have a "RS take off" exhaust and buy it cheap for my GT3. Now that is a nice upgrade...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:35 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, I am with you on this issue . I had Sharkwerks last time on 997.2 Gt3 i was happy with it . But i want something more aggressive and exotic sounding this time . I had a chance to compare SW , Stock and Bbi side by side . I much prefer Bbi exhaust over the others, but dont know the price yet and they are made to order.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm down with this.

I was in between the BBi side muffler delete and the Sharkwerks bypass, but if a legitimate contender could be made that incorporates weight reduction, keeping the car quiet when necessary, possible power with no loss in toque, I'd be all for it.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:19 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't leave out Chris Smith Racing. There's is like BBi I believe.
As for the GMG 200 cell Cats......SamFromTx should chime in. His burnt out early in their lifecycle.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I still don't have a video with good audio but you can hear my autocrossing with the BBi exhaust.

And it's only 950 bucks.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:39 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think any version of the 9A1 will sound as good as the 997.2 GT3 Mezger with an RSS X-Pipe on it. Part of the engine note that isn't as smooth seems to be due to the DFI.

Anyway, I keep harassing RSS to release the new X-pipe and hear that it is about to come out. You may consider this option before going full exhaust replacement.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 285 Posts

I believe there are a couple full exhausts, no? I desire a full exhaust with deleted valve function. Have not looked into it much though. Still waiting for the the snow to melt.

I'm pretty happy the GT3 does not have the fake/embellished overrun sounds that the PSE Carrera's have (fvcking drove me crazy), but the valve function is still a little annoying. I agree the stock, or center muffler bypassed sound is not to the full potential of the engine, melodically speaking.

I'm hoping HMS or maybe even AWE offers something. I can't see the sales volume being a deal breaker. Many company's have done R&D for low production number cars.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
I believe there are a couple full exhausts, no? I desire a full exhaust with deleted valve function. Have not looked into it much though. Still waiting for the the snow to melt.

I'm pretty happy the GT3 does not have the fake/embellished overrun sounds that the PSE Carrera's have (fvcking drove me crazy), but the valve function is still a little annoying. I agree the stock, or center muffler bypassed sound is not to the full potential of the engine, melodically speaking.

I'm hoping HMS or maybe even AWE offers something. I can't see the sales volume being a deal breaker. Many company's have done R&D for low production number cars.
We have iPE. Which is junk in my opinion. Supposedly Akra, but that will be like $15,000. I'm going to make a few calls about the Cargraphic. They mention something called an "active SPORT" button. If that means that you can open the valves all of the time, then it maybe what I'm looking for.

I think you and I were the only ones that thought the facke overrun was goofy.

I've talked to AWE and have good relationship with them. I think we can convince them to make something. My two favorites would be GMG and AWE. Fabspeed said they were making something, but then made the same thing that everyone else has.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I am already not a fan of my neighbors with the 458 at 6 AM on the weekends....I'm out of the house at 3:30 AM during the week and this would possibly cause someone to burn my house down....My Sharkwerks is still in the box....
Old 03-18-2015, 11:44 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I am already not a fan of my neighbors with the 458 at 6 AM on the weekends....I'm out of the house at 3:30 AM during the week and this would possibly cause someone to burn my house down....My Sharkwerks is still in the box....

Just take them, one by one for a very serious ride, then they may love the car and appreciate the sound.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:54 AM
SMGT3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by bigkraig
I still don't have a video with good audio but you can hear my autocrossing with the BBi exhaust.

And it's only 950 bucks.

PCA OCR AutoX 3/15/2015 - YouTube
Nice driving!!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 535 Posts

My Mac won't load it.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
We have iPE. Which is junk in my opinion. Supposedly Akra, but that will be like $15,000. I'm going to make a few calls about the Cargraphic. They mention something called an "active SPORT" button. If that means that you can open the valves all of the time, then it maybe what I'm looking for.

I think you and I were the only ones that thought the facke overrun was goofy.

I've talked to AWE and have good relationship with them. I think we can convince them to make something. My two favorites would be GMG and AWE. Fabspeed said they were making something, but then made the same thing that everyone else has.
Money - Any details you can offer why you think IPE is junk. I have to admit; one of the best sounding systems out there. I almost pulled the trigger on it last Sept but decided that I am not going to throw another full exhaust on my car which I have a habit of only keeping 2 years. And, of course, do not want any warranty issues

Quick Reply: I Need Everyone's Help that Cares About Our Exhaust