Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mileage Check

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Picked car up Jan 31 2014, so it has been one year. Of course minus 4 1/2 months down time with the engine recall. Have 7,440 miles, 6,520 with the new engine.

My DD is an F10 M5. I have to force myself to drive it!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,527 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by scb997
About 10,800 miles since August 22nd. She'll be going to the dealer for the 12,000 mile service in mid-February. Just a little too soon to put the winter shoes away, though. She'll go back a couple of weeks later to put the summer wheels/tires on...

Scott
Wow. Nearly 11,000 miles in 5+ months.

Epic.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:11 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

2 months , 5800+ miles enjoyed smiling all along the way , 9 track days provide the biggest grins
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scb997
Small world. I'm pretty sure I saw your white GT3 last weekend - also on Shawan (well, really Tufton). I was driving our dogmobile (Sienna). Scott
PM sent
Old 02-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
2 months , 5800+ miles enjoyed smiling all along the way , 9 track days provide the biggest grins
Very impressive!! Have you run through tyres and pads now and how are your rotors holding up? Did you adjust camber or still factory Geo? Cheers
Old 02-02-2015, 10:49 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Very impressive!! Have you run through tyres and pads now and how are your rotors holding up? Did you adjust camber or still factory Geo? Cheers
Macca,

all tires rotated prior to the 48Hours , front need replacement and pads,
one could probably get some more days but as hard as I am running
I don't want to screw around with tires
One of our guys was pushing his past that day and he now needs more than
tires. Guys read and pay attention to that last sentence!
suspension still as delivered stock will revaluate with new sneakers
front rotors have tolerable cracks @ vent wholes, rears still clean
Pads will be replaced with PFC's before next event 3 weeks out

Deacon
Old 02-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Macca,

Deacon
Deacon, thanks for the data points. Im at similar mileage as yourself, a little more road work and only 3.5 track days. Noticing rear rotors and pads holding up very well (look only 10-15% worn). Front rotors showing the beginnings of a few cracks mainly through the annular area (middle of disc) where I think they take more heat. Front rotors probably at 40% worn and pads similar although in reality that is 60% because you never run them to the bottom. Have Endless MX72 compound pads in reserve with new MPSC2. Tire wear is impressive, after 6000 miles still have around 30% useable front and rear (although need rotating now). Thing is I think they have lost a bit of their grip due to age, temps/heat cycling. Have found like you the MPSC2 really like operating in the higher temp ranges (32 sweetspot for me at front and 35-366 rear). Running them lower scrubs off time and higher makes the car a bit easy to rotate especially once those rears get around 40! I think in reality the tyres have 6-8 full track days in them (plus some road driving) and after that they have given their best. Given the remarkable efficiency I think most who are serious on teh track will likely swap the MPSC2 out for new with still 3-4mm tread left on the tyre.

I think rotors are going to be the expensive consumer-able for this car. Talking to other high mile GT3 owners around the world who have done 20+ track days we will see front rotor replacement 2 to 1 which is just as well as the rear rotors are only $50 a side cheaper than the fronts and the fronts are almost $700 USD each!!!!! Im predicting that the AM guys will have a cheaper replacement solution.

Pads, seems like the US guys are leaning towards PFC. Same with the European guys as Endless are not cheap nor easy to find there. One of our guys used Endless but I think the ME20 compound and found they wore too quickly. I wont have mine on till later in the year but the MX72 compound is more durable (its classified as a fast road/track pad not as focussed as ME20/22). I have run them on the 993 which is lighter and lower VMax on teh straights but they have worn incredibly well. Not sure the 991 GT3 needs a tonne more braking as such, the factory pads and fluid do extremely well IMO, but a small improvement in braking friction with some SRF or similar stable fluid is always nice to have on road and track.

Would be interested to know your geo when time comes. Ive got a modest change within ability of factory system without upsetting castor or toe, but I note others such as Max & Sam have far more focussed settings.

This is the wrong place I guess to compare notes, I think we have another thread somewhere for that but thanks for the data points none the less.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,527 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Macca,

Deacon
Originally Posted by Macca
Deacon, thanks for the data points. Im at similar mileage as yourself, a little more road work and only 3.5 track days. Noticing rear rotors and pads holding up very well (look only 10-15% worn). Front rotors showing the beginnings of a few cracks mainly through the annular area (middle of disc) where I think they take more heat. Front rotors probably at 40% worn and pads similar although in reality that is 60% because you never run them to the bottom. Have Endless MX72 compound pads in reserve with new MPSC2. Tire wear is impressive, after 6000 miles still have around 30% useable front and rear (although need rotating now). Thing is I think they have lost a bit of their grip due to age, temps/heat cycling. Have found like you the MPSC2 really like operating in the higher temp ranges (32 sweetspot for me at front and 35-366 rear). Running them lower scrubs off time and higher makes the car a bit easy to rotate especially once those rears get around 40! I think in reality the tyres have 6-8 full track days in them (plus some road driving) and after that they have given their best. Given the remarkable efficiency I think most who are serious on teh track will likely swap the MPSC2 out for new with still 3-4mm tread left on the tyre.

I think rotors are going to be the expensive consumer-able for this car. Talking to other high mile GT3 owners around the world who have done 20+ track days we will see front rotor replacement 2 to 1 which is just as well as the rear rotors are only $50 a side cheaper than the fronts and the fronts are almost $700 USD each!!!!! Im predicting that the AM guys will have a cheaper replacement solution.

Pads, seems like the US guys are leaning towards PFC. Same with the European guys as Endless are not cheap nor easy to find there. One of our guys used Endless but I think the ME20 compound and found they wore too quickly. I wont have mine on till later in the year but the MX72 compound is more durable (its classified as a fast road/track pad not as focussed as ME20/22). I have run them on the 993 which is lighter and lower VMax on teh straights but they have worn incredibly well. Not sure the 991 GT3 needs a tonne more braking as such, the factory pads and fluid do extremely well IMO, but a small improvement in braking friction with some SRF or similar stable fluid is always nice to have on road and track.

Would be interested to know your geo when time comes. Ive got a modest change within ability of factory system without upsetting castor or toe, but I note others such as Max & Sam have far more focussed settings.

This is the wrong place I guess to compare notes, I think we have another thread somewhere for that but thanks for the data points none the less.
Great info. Thank you both.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Backroads
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

400 miles
1-31-15
4200 rpm? Are they kidding?
Old 02-02-2015, 03:05 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Only 445 so far
Old 02-02-2015, 03:26 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Picked car up Jan 31 2014, so it has been one year. Of course minus 4 1/2 months down time with the engine recall. Have 7,440 miles, 6,520 with the new engine.

My DD is an F10 M5. I have to force myself to drive it!
Picked mine up around the same time, January 13th, 2014, and have about 6,100 miles on it, with 1,823 miles put on first engine. Love this car, and need to drive it more!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

October 30th delivery.
900 miles so far.

Quick Reply: Mileage Check