Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Hey now.

Mech just saved you $4,841 !
I should get a commission!

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Had my installed. Seems to work well, although I have not had the opportunity to drive over 100 mph. Look good thou.
How is the wind noise with the windows up? I had something similar on another car that fixed the buffeting but also added whooshing wind noise when driving with the windows up when it was wuiet before.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:28 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my 997 GTS, if the right mirror button was activated, the mirror would lower automatically so that you could see the curb when parking...no such luck on the GT3 and with the wide hips it is an issue. Bugs me big time!
Old 01-17-2015, 02:29 AM
mlpor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Ok, . . . . it just bogles my mind how what a bunch of idiots need to make this product to have this issue . . . . 8) buffeting at speed with windows open - unbelievably bad, makes driving with open windows a pain and recording any sound at track with inside mic impossible. . . . . buffeting (I'd pay $5K for an option that would get rid of it, if one were available).
I think you just need the right meds, and http://www.strangefarmer.com/images/content/136710.jpg

buffeting solved for @ $19.95
Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Ok, my top one is not a big deal, but it just bogles my mind how what a bunch of idiots need to make this product to have this issue. Basically, whenever I shut off the car with radio off, when I start the car the radio is on. WTF???!!! I have to remember to turn off radio before every track session or otherwise it starts to make weird sounds on track, sometimes making me think something broke.
Settings for the radio should be remembered by each key. If you haven't turned the radio off with both keys, and are repeatedly swapping keys, that could be the problem. In case you're unaware, you have to press and hold the volume button to turn off PCM, just pressing the button mutes the radio but doesn't turn it off. But maybe you know all that. A tip: if you don't want to have to turn the PCM on and off every time then select the Aux or Disc input for radio. PCM will come on but you won't get anything over the speakers.

I agree about the PSE button; it should be a sticky.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:05 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

SanDiegoDavid - what is the link to the piece you had installed. It does look good. We need you to go out this weekend and do about 110 mph and test it's functionality
Old 01-17-2015, 04:07 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Oh!! - Nothing really bothers me but the nose/lip is a little long and is hard to judge when pulling forward and not to hit a concrete barrier when parking ect
Old 01-17-2015, 04:47 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning...-wind-diffuser
Old 01-17-2015, 06:42 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just the lack of the option of rear view camera or parking sensors, especially when you try to park in city. I love the surround view on my BMW.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:55 AM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sebearstian
It is just the lack of the option of rear view camera or parking sensors, especially when you try to park in city. I love the surround view on my BMW.
Honestly I find pretty damn stupid you cannot spec at least the camera. I understand maybe they missed the customer demand in the first cars but on the 2015 cars they should have just made available the one they have for the rest of the range.

And race car feeling BS or not most of us would have taken it.

Sometimes I don't get corporations. Including mine. The computer says no attitude that dominates at times is just incredibly frustrating.

Am looking for a solution to fit after market at the moment which doesn't require opening up PCM. If you have recommendations please shoot them over. Am in the UK fwiw.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 AM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Lack of OE rear camera and front proximity sensor. Always concerned about crunching something when parking. Also given the wing size P should consider a permanent rear looking camera rather than a rear view mirror.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 AM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same parking related issues for me:

1. No rear camera option
2. No parking sensor option
3. No side mirror tilt in reverse

And

4. PDK could use an extra auto mode in between the two current modes. My Spyder had Auto, Sport and Sport Plus. Sport was perfect for daily driving (traffic etc). I use mine in Manual more than I did with my Spyder but there have been a couple of times already where I've been on a conference call in the car and forgot to downshift, etc., so it would be nice to have a more usable Auto mode. The standard mode is a total dog and Sport is a bit too much.

5. I would prefer to have the phone connection in the armrest (again like in the Spyder) instead of the glove box

Last edited by brass4321; 01-17-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

I literally have "Easy skanking" on every other drive, and 5 times while I get to Thunderhill (2 hours) but I have not heard most of Radiohead songs once since I got the car. ...

d) sport mode for exaust not sticky - I have to push this button every time - could it just remember the setting? track suspension mode is sticky, which is completely counter-intuitive.
Re the music...agree it's nuts. Maybe we do a swap as mine keeps playing Jimmy Cliff and "Struggling Man" repeatedly! Maybe the system has a bias for reggae!

Also agree about the sport exhaust mode being sticky. Better still, why can't they have a sticky button which performs a group of setting related functions (remember the old DOS auto exec.bat file...shows my age!) and is programmable/customiseable by the user. They have them on digital cameras etc.

I'd also find a low mounted front proximity sensor very useful.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:30 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Had my installed. Seems to work well, although I have not had the opportunity to drive over 100 mph. Look good thou.
I'm going to order these as well--thanks for info.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I should get a commission!

How is the wind noise with the windows up? I had something similar on another car that fixed the buffeting but also added whooshing wind noise when driving with the windows up when it was wuiet before.
I have not noticed this with the windows up, so far so good. Will see about over 100 with windows down hopefully this weekend.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm cool

Quick Reply: What little niggles about the GT3 that make you go, "hmmm?"