Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIFT

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:18 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Gleek, to the ceiling its 147" of clearance but the 147" clearance is on the back end of the garage. If I put the posts in the back end of the garage I have 14 feet of 147" clearance. how far apart are the posts?
Old 01-11-2015, 06:19 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by H82BL8
repost
Thanks, I see it now.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverrules
Gleek, to the ceiling its 147" of clearance but the 147" clearance is on the back end of the garage. If I put the posts in the back end of the garage I have 14 feet of 147" clearance. how far apart are the posts?
The HD-9's width is 111 inches and the drive through width is 86.5 inches.

Here is the link for the HD-9 series installation instructions (page 10 has the specs for the HD-9):

http://www.bendpak.com/HD-9-VER-E-Ma...-29-14-WEB.pdf
Old 01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gleek48

Here is the link for the HD-9 series installation instructions (page 10 has the specs for the HD-9):

HD-9 will work. Thanks Gleek
Old 01-11-2015, 11:59 PM
vtracsd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the GT3 clear the approach ramp on the lift?

Do you know if the rolling jacks are short enough that the GT3 will clear it?

Do you have the runway on narrow or wide?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:07 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by vtracsd
Does the GT3 clear the approach ramp on the lift? Do you know if the rolling jacks are short enough that the GT3 will clear it? Do you have the runway on narrow or wide?
Great questions. For my atlas lift:

I can tell you that for a 997.2 GT3, the axle lift is needed to clear the approach ramps. The rolling jacks might not be short enough to clear the car when the jack pads are in place. All rolling jacks are not the same. Some are more low profile than others. The ones I have barely clear my spyder. I will likely have problems with the GT3 and might have to use a floor jack or blocks to get the car to clear the rolling jacks.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vtracsd
Does the GT3 clear the approach ramp on the lift?

Do you know if the rolling jacks are short enough that the GT3 will clear it?

Do you have the runway on narrow or wide?
I have the runways on the wide setting and they seem to be more universal for the cars I have. It's a little tighter for the GT3, but fine.

The GT3 clears by about an inch with the front end raised (lift activated). Please note that the two rear posts were adjusted about an inch or two to help level out the lift. If I added shims for 1-2 more inches, it would probably scrape unless I lengthened the aluminum loading ramps.

Not sure of your rolling jack question. I do not have them.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:32 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am getting a two post lift soon, narrowed it down so far to PKS (Canada) and Nussbaum (Germany, but just opened a USA plant). Top quality lifts. I was focused on Mohawk, but heard they arent what they used to be in terms of customer service. Bend Pack components are made in China, so that nixed it for me. Used lifts can be a great deal, but seem hard to find just the right size, condition etc. In floor lifts look pretty cool, but just poured the slab so not too excited about cutting it just yet. Four posts take up a lot of room, but are good for storage. GL.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Porsche997s
Advanced

I have the runways on the wide setting and they seem to be more universal for the cars I have. It's a little tighter for the GT3, but fine.

The GT3 clears by about an inch with the front end raised (lift activated). Please note that the two rear posts were adjusted about an inch or two to help level out the lift. If I added shims for 1-2 more inches, it would probably scrape unless I lengthened the aluminum loading ramps.

I have the same lift with the rolling jacks ... It all works fine!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 PM
vtracsd
Track Day

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Great questions. For my atlas lift:

I can tell you that for a 997.2 GT3, the axle lift is needed to clear the approach ramps. The rolling jacks might not be short enough to clear the car when the jack pads are in place. All rolling jacks are not the same. Some are more low profile than others. The ones I have barely clear my spyder. I will likely have problems with the GT3 and might have to use a floor jack or blocks to get the car to clear the rolling jacks.

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
I have the same lift with the rolling jacks ... It all works fine!
Awesome, Thanks guys! I'm pretty much set with the HD9 now.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:34 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Gleek, did you do the install? If not who did and what did they charge?
Old 01-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
Gleek, did you do the install? If not who did and what did they charge?
It was about $750-800 all in with delivery from a freight company to have it picked up and installed.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:43 AM
silverrules
Drifting

It was about $750-800 all in with delivery from a freight company to have it picked up and installed.
Thanks Gleek. You have been very helpful.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

No worries. I am still getting acclimated to the usage of the lift. After watching them install it, I would recommend having someone who knows how to do it set it up. It's not super difficult, just there are probably some tricks of the trade to make sure it is set up safely and properly.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:27 PM
vtracsd
Track Day

No worries. I am still getting acclimated to the usage of the lift. After watching them install it, I would recommend having someone who knows how to do it set it up. It's not super difficult, just there are probably some tricks of the trade to make sure it is set up safely and properly.
Gleek, do you have the 48" or 36" Alu approach ramps? Are the regular steel ramps too tall?

Quick Reply: LIFT