Sponsored by:

Anyone dislike the GT3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
Ok, enough. In my view, Pazzo using the word "stupid" was...errr....kind of stupid. Time to move on though. Happy holidays to all!!
I'm sorry I said Stupid, I'm sorry!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:21 PM
mos996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
No one seems to be answering the question that was posed, which was vs a prev gen gt3 do you miss the manual? Will the pdk eventually wear on you because you are less involved as a driver? I think the fact that the 991 gt3 is a great drive is not really the point. It is.

I suspect only a few can really answer this because from what I can tell from my rennlist trolling between subforums, so far there has been very little crossover...ie, the 991 gt3 with its pdk has influenced a new buyer to buy (exactly what porsche wanted and frankly, Prob needed to do)

I suspect that those who think the limits Are so high on the street its basically fast but no fun have answered the question. When you shift yourself there is a lot going on. When you take that out, you have to get your jollies going ballistic in every other sense I presume.

In regards to track (or not) I find this to be silly point and again is a frame of reference thing. An experienced driver (meaning multiple years in different setups and makes) can absolutely appreciate what the gt3 has to offer on the street. Less experienced drivers will still be wowed but won't pick up subtleties. Certainly driving MOST performance cars on track open your eyes to their capabilities. And at the same time teaches you even more.

Generally None of these cars are track cars in my opinion. They don't have the right safety equipment and consumables are expensive. A proper track car has a roll cage and all the other crap. Encouraging people who are new to a platform, brand or whatever to "get out there" and see what a gt3 can do is a little unnerving for me and one reason I don't DE anymore. Everyone should have to learn on a spec miata before graduating to bigger cars. But this is my own soapbox.
Originally Posted by Clocked
May not be the correct forum but thought I would ask in this one.

Are you driving your GT3 mostly with the Paddles? or mostly putting it in automatic and letting the PDK determine shift intervals?

Thanks.

Personally, I always use the Paddles.
Been using paddles...don't like the normal pdk shifting up to 5th before I get to the other side of the traffic light and sport holds on to gear way too long for street. Also don't like the initial first gear take off. Learning to finesse it so it is smoother but would still prefer to release clutch with my left foot. Once going, the shifts are pretty amazing...can barely feel them ( which is sometimes good, other times I kinda miss the shove in the back)

Quick Reply: Anyone dislike the GT3 ?