Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the GT3 your personality type?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is the GT3 your personality type?

I saw this "what type of personality test are you" thing and said I'll have a crack at it. When I was done, it got me wondering, did I choose the GT3 because my personality dictates this is the right car for me and what I want.

It turns out, I'm what they would call an ENTJ type personality. Does this have an effect on my car choice? Let's have a look...

I pulled the meanings out of about.com and this is what an ENTJ is:

Extraverted: People with this personality type enjoy spending time with other people. They have strong verbal skills and interacting with others helps them feel energized.

I guess having a massive wing on the back is for the extroverted type.

Intuitive: ENTJ prefer to think about the future rather than focus on the here-and-now. They usually find abstract and theoretical information more interesting that concrete details.

Many people said this latest edition GT3 would be a computer game and a crap car not holding a candle to the previous iterations, but I held on to my intuition and ordered one.

Thinking: When making decisions, ENTJs place a greater emphasis on objective and logical information. Personal feeling and the emotions of others tend not to factor much into their choices.

When I ordered the car, I knew exactly what options and color I wanted, despite most colors out there are white.

Judging: ENTJs are planners. Making decisions and having a schedule or course of action planned out gives them a sense of predictability and control.

Speaking of predictability and control, what really attracted me to this GT3, as it has been reiterated by many before that this car has great predictability dynamically. I love having a car that gives me full control in inputs and I guess this what really attracts me to this car.

Tell us which personality type are you? Does this car relate to your personality type, if so tell us why?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:31 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

entj
Old 10-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

ENFP
Old 10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 205 Posts

I keep getting "douchebag" but I don't know what it means.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
I keep getting "douchebag" but I don't know what it means.
I think it means you have a superb ability for cleaning out the most private of areas with all your being.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:28 PM
cingulus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ENFP

Old 10-21-2014, 06:32 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should follow up with a GT3 political persuasion poll. Lol
Old 10-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

I suspect that GT3 buyers are a fairly diverse group, with varying motives and planned uses for the car.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do they have a category for "Rain Man", I relate in so many ways to that one.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 265 Posts

Meyers Briggs. Years ago if you were part of a large organization and ever went to a "team building" you probably did the questionaire. Not sure if it's used that much anymore. Man, glad I don't do that stuff anymore. Think I was INTJ back then. Guess I have to keep the GT3 locked up except early morning weekend drives or on the track.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:48 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea I wouldnt put GT3 into one personality type. In fact there are 3 or 4 different kinds of people who buy GT3s. I have been in the GT3 world since Jan 2004 when I got my first GT3. But just to give you an example, there is what I call:

The Moot. This is a track hound, he lives and breathes for the track. He KNOWS the GT3 is the best drivers car on the planet. So he doesnt screw around looking for greener grass on the other side of the track. He knows where to get a GT3 no matter how hard it is to get. Money is no object because his wife thinks its the same 1978 911 SC he told her about.

The CEO:This man is a leader. Always challenging everything and everyone. He may own IBM OR he may own a Taco Bell down the street. But usually has money to get the car he wants when he wants.
He KNOWS the GT3 is the best drivers car BUT he is not always so sure. You can catch this guy at the track in a Z06, AMGC63 (as long as its a BLACK Series), the GT3, the 360 Stradale, or the Scudderia.May or May not have the money to own all these cars at once, but HAS what he thinks the ONE best car in his driveway. He may make 200K a year or 2 Mill a year or more same guy different scale.

There ya go, two of the 4 or 5 types that are attracted to GT3s for different reasons I could go on but you guys probably know the rest.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between personalities and the cars they buy. And is there a "type" of people out there that buy these cars. Keep them coming in fellas...
Old 10-22-2014, 06:05 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The type is changing. I would not have bought the manual ones that were a dog to drive on the street, certainly not daily cars. The 991 has improved dramatically as a DD, it is a street car afterall not a race car. With pdk now I am in. Of course I will take it to the track too.
You need some one with enough discretionary income, one who can ignore their family's bitching and don't want a bentley even though they could afford one. These types buy the gt3 today.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These categories were approximate: "Every individual is an exception to the rule," -Carl Jung (who's principles formed the basis of the Meyers-Briggs test)

Methodology based on binary answers, which is fine for computers but not people.

Quick Reply: Is the GT3 your personality type?