Sponsored by:

Calling Eduardo - Interior Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:19 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Calling Eduardo - Interior Question

Eduardo, since you seem to be the Morpheus of Porsche interiors.

I am curious to see an interior option on the 991 gt3 (or I guess any 991 for that matter) that I haven't seen anywhere on the plethora of spirited rennlist threads, or on the internet broadly.

Can you produce pictures of a car equipped with either option EEA (full leather) or EES (standard)? This would be replacing the metal/carbon fiber option areas with just plain black leather. As someone who likes a much more subtle business-like darker look on the inside of Porsches, I am quite curious to see what this would look like.

thanks!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Here you go
Old 10-12-2014, 10:46 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Here you go
Thanks. That's very helpful. Looks more out of place on the dash than I expected. Too bad. Looks great on the doors IMO.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah, I agree. Too many cut lines over the cup holder area with the same materials.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

the trim pieces should be alum with contrast (or CF, but all CF crack and de-laminate on p cars, ask how i know)

leather with leather trim piece look like you forgot the trim and stuffed it in for the hell of it. looks like my kids lego project.

to my eyes, it's just off.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:10 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Yeah, I agree. Too many cut lines over the cup holder area with the same materials.
+1

Porsche should offer a zero cost option to delete the cup holder and make that trim one piece.

Ryan
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, I saw a full leather with red stitching interior including the aluminium trim, steering column and seatbacks also covered in leather in a jet black metallic GT3 yesterday and it looks fantastic. Best interior I've seen so far in a GT3 or 991 for that matter.
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures as the car had just arrived and was still being prepped. The picture above does not do it justice imho...

Old 10-12-2014, 03:01 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
the trim pieces should be alum with contrast (or CF, but all CF crack and de-laminate on p cars, ask how i know)

leather with leather trim piece look like you forgot the trim and stuffed it in for the hell of it. looks like my kids lego project.

to my eyes, it's just off.
agree... funny, legos is exactly what came to mind for me too... must be a dad thing...

the carbon fiber is so shiny, but both metal trims are different than the shiny bits of the door handles, steering wheel, shifter. Already so much going on, don't like the idea of introducing a second or third metal type in the cabin...so I am thinking CF might be the lesser of evils...

I like a dark all business interior, one of the things I miss from my 993s

my car was supposed to lock last week but got delayed a week, so straining again over this final detail... as it stands now, car as the CF trim, no full leather. I don't like all the stitching and swooping on the doors with the full leather...
Old 10-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Eduardo, since you seem to be the Morpheus of Porsche interiors.
I am not a mythological character or dream-spirit! I am a everyman's Alfred E. Newman. It's just that I have concentrated, seemingly alone at first but now in the company of many, in the rather mysterious & opaque world of PTS & 'Porsche Exclusive'. As you can see, a call to me can be answered by many others. We have spawned here at Rennlist a knowledge base that crosses boundaries that were once taboo! Did you ever imagine the day when Mooty would even think of ordering PTS or bother with the minutiae of a gt3 interior details & its leather/alcantara trivialities? Well, my friends, that day has arrived! We have succeeded in creating an awareness that the aesthetics of the interior or color of the exterior do not necessarily detract from its sport function! In fact, it compliments it by its often unique visual impact! I salute you all for having reached that altered state of reasoning. The job is done. And now I can retire from this particular task and seek what next to worry about here at Rennlist.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

LOL
Old 10-12-2014, 04:32 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Eduardo, you are a true character and have at least a book or two in you. Get writing! I promise to buy 10 copies.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

agree... funny, legos is exactly what came to mind for me too... must be a dad thing...

the carbon fiber is so shiny, but both metal trims are different than the shiny bits of the door handles, steering wheel, shifter. Already so much going on, don't like the idea of introducing a second or third metal type in the cabin...so I am thinking CF might be the lesser of evils...

I like a dark all business interior, one of the things I miss from my 993s

my car was supposed to lock last week but got delayed a week, so straining again over this final detail... as it stands now, car as the CF trim, no full leather. I don't like all the stitching and swooping on the doors with the full leather...
I'm struggling with the same decision... I have a few weeks to lock mine, and I'm concerned about the clash of different materials.

The sport buckets have carbon fiber accents below the headrests, so my first thought was to go carbon fiber trim everywhere to match (especially since the door handles and other bits are a different faux aluminum color than the anthracite or base brushed aluminum). But up close, the carbon fiber looks a bit busy and shiny, and I'm concerned about yellowing / cracking / longevity of the carbon fiber.

1st world problems...
Old 10-12-2014, 05:42 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the carbon fibre center console on my 996 gT3 (11years) and never had an issue with CF delaminating,yellowing ect.. I supposeif your car is out in the hot sun all day things might be different
Old 10-12-2014, 05:57 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mech33
I'm struggling with the same decision... I have a few weeks to lock mine, and I'm concerned about the clash of different materials.

The sport buckets have carbon fiber accents below the headrests, so my first thought was to go carbon fiber trim everywhere to match (especially since the door handles and other bits are a different faux aluminum color than the anthracite or base brushed aluminum). But up close, the carbon fiber looks a bit busy and shiny, and I'm concerned about yellowing / cracking / longevity of the carbon fiber.

1st world problems...
yea...

my thinking is that the carbon fiber on the buckets is so different than what Porsche uses for trim, not sure that will match... its big/open/wide weave, where as the trim is like a checkerboard...with a very gloss finish...

however, either metal trim option is different than the chrome look on steering wheel, door handles, shifter, outline trim on doors, etc.

My thinking with the leather EEA/EES options was maybe to tone it all down, but I agree that based on the picture above, it looks out of place over the glove box...

I will probably do CF or brushed aluminum... my order sits with CF today

I was looking yesterday at the doors, I counted like seven different 45 degree angles... boy they really like the angles on those doors
Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

yea...

my thinking is that the carbon fiber on the buckets is so different than what Porsche uses for trim, not sure that will match... its big/open/wide weave, where as the trim is like a checkerboard...with a very gloss finish...

however, either metal trim option is different than the chrome look on steering wheel, door handles, shifter, outline trim on doors, etc.

My thinking with the leather EEA/EES options was maybe to tone it all down, but I agree that based on the picture above, it looks out of place over the glove box...

I will probably do CF or brushed aluminum... my order sits with CF today

I was looking yesterday at the doors, I counted like seven different 45 degree angles... boy they really like the angles on those doors
I'd lean towards Anthracite brushed aluminum. It's dark (so more subtle and less likely to clash with the bright door pulls), and the option mentions that it makes the PDK selector in the center console the darker Anthracite finish as well.

Quick Reply: Calling Eduardo - Interior Question