Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling Eduardo - Interior Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys sorry about no follow up but the care has been sent out for a full wrap. Then laser avoidance and radar detection etc I am now told late Friday as the best hope for delivery but I wIll be out of the area till Monday. Promise to post trim pics then. FWIW those of you that declined the door trim finishers and dash end caps in leather I think your reasoning that it's never seen is really incorrect. Every time you open that door those areas pop I went in today and did the door thing with my un prepped car and a turbo s , in my very humble opinion , the plastic bits looked rather dull and unfinished (read cheap) ahem. When you open the door that is the very first thing your eyes are drawn to Please give it a second thought. You won't be disappointed if you do.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:38 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Interesting! I keep going back and forth. I stopped by a local dealer that had a Turbo S with carbon interior, and I liked how dark and subtle it made the interior when you weren't staring right at the trim. On the flip side, the CF is definitely very shiny when it hits the right light.

In the end I still think the CF trim matching the carbon fiber sport bucket seats would look cleaner than yet another trim material, but admittedly I haven't been able to find an actual brushed aluminum interior anywhere to see in person. Every 991 at the local dealer has the shiny plastic metal-look trim that matches the steering wheel and door handle pieces.
One of the reasons I skipped the cf is that it's not the same as the bucket backs. Completely different.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts
Default R

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
One of the reasons I skipped the cf is that it's not the same as the bucket backs. Completely different.
How different is it? Are there clear pics floating around?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:47 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
It will still look great. It's not like putting on one blue and one black dress sock in the morning. The carbon weave is behind you any way...won't be distracting while you are driving.

Edit: another thing to keep in mind that nobody has seen the weave on the seat backs outside of the simulator and we all know how accurately that depicts paint colors, ect.

Last edited by rockitman; 10-15-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:30 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm only going off what I saw of the trim and the 918 setbacks, which was also at the dealer. Trim was a small checkerboard pattern and seat backs were a diagonal big open weave.
No wrong answer here, all trims will look great.

Quick Reply: Calling Eduardo - Interior Question