Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downshifting in PDK v/s PDK-S question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I just love that I hop in to this car and hit one switch- PSE. That is it and put in manual mode. Gives me all the performance I can handle. The Turbo/S has a bunch of switches that you can order and have to hit. I am a simple person and figuring all this stuff out is a PIA.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 535 Posts

If the logic in the GT3 is similar to the logic in my previous 11 GTS when in sport plus and manual it was possible to get recordings in range 1 if you held it until the revs dropped off. I did that once forgetting that I had it in sport plus and the revs dropped at redline as if the bottom fell out. Took it to the dealer for an oil change a few days later and asked if they would read the DME. Sure enough about 6 counts in range 1. Discussed with the tech and he said it was the first one he'd observed. Felt obliged to confirm so after the oil was up to temp went back out and did the same. Took it back to the dealer and the tech red the DME again. Once again I had added a few hits in range 1.

The tech said Porsche could care less about these few hits. However, I have read on here that there is an valuation of the DME which may appear that hits in range 1 on the 991 GT3 could give Porsche a way out of a warranty claim.

I'm seriously thinking about a 991 GT3 and need to get with the program in the next 2 days if I decide to go for the 991. Big hit on my car.

Quick Reply: Downshifting in PDK v/s PDK-S question