Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 or 2014 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:17 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AWW100
Spoke to my dealer last night and he recommended white. I also called my Audi dealer friend and he said agate white or silver. I personally like red but both of them said I will probably be destroyed when trading it in the future. However, I was thinking if others (60% of the current white car owners) think like that then my red car is gonna be super rare.

For me down to metallic white, Guard of R silver.
This is going to be a pretty limited run and condition will likely trump color in most cases. Just get whichever color you prefer.

I went with Yellow and my dealer thinks it'll either have no impact or probably increase resale value due to rarity. The fact is, no one knows...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:18 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
This is going to be a pretty limited run and condition will likely trump color in most cases. Just get whichever color you prefer.

I went with Yellow and my dealer thinks it'll either have no impact or probably increase resale value due to rarity. The fact is, no one knows...
Agree - and great choice going with RY.

White looks great but there are too many of them.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

mhh. How many Km do you have on your car now?
Any updates (faults, unusual behaviour etc) to report?

P.S. Of interest so far in NZ there are only two white 991 GT3 (mine and one other). To be fair only 8 delivered to date with another 4 shortly to arrive. Red seems to have been popular this time - 4 of them). Any idea how many delivered to Australia by now?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoke to my dealer last night and he recommended white. I also called my Audi dealer friend and he said agate white or silver. I personally like red but both of them said I will probably be destroyed when trading it in the future. However, I was thinking if others (60% of the current white car owners) think like that then my red car is gonna be super rare.

For me down to metallic white, Guard of R silver.
Dealer recommendation of color white=> in case you change your mind and walk
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Dealer recommendation of color white=> in case you change your mind and walk
Dealer has the same interest as you in terms of resale.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:30 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca

P.S. Of interest so far in NZ there are only two white 991 GT3 (mine and one other). To be fair only 8 delivered to date with another 4 shortly to arrive. Red seems to have been popular this time - 4 of them). Any idea how many delivered to Australia by now?

Old 10-03-2014, 02:39 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Dealer has the same interest as you in terms of resale.
In most cases yes but for my case resale was not in the equation. I could care less about resale until its time to sell then I say Oh.....
Old 10-03-2014, 04:56 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

8,000km now. Nothing to report - faultless so far. I've got a Tasmania weekend coming up next month. That will add 3,000km including the drive to Melbourne.

6 cars for Adelaide - 4 white, my blue and a metallic red. I've got 6 or more friends/acquaintances here with white 997 GT3s too.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:43 AM
frankee4u
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update

Ordered Carrara white 2015 GT3 - agate and get silver ultimately were to subdued for me and red ultimately lost out

Thanks for everyone's help with this decision - arriving before Xmas and early nov build

Interesting fact is I think I'm the only person that's color keyed the side skirts which my dealer thought was crazy - I thought it would make the car appear lower/finished - may have to wrap a part of rear lip to match

Went with 4 way leather deviated and all trimmings minus carbon ceramics
Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mhh
8,000km now. Nothing to report - faultless so far. I've got a Tasmania weekend coming up next month. That will add 3,000km including the drive to Melbourne.

6 cars for Adelaide - 4 white, my blue and a metallic red. I've got 6 or more friends/acquaintances here with white 997 GT3s too.
Thanks Mark. That's good to hear. You have more Km than me already! Hope you have a great drip in Tasmania. Post a few pictures from your trip. Im assuming given the choice of cars at your disposal you are still enjoying the GT3? Hows the new Speciale. Thats one lovely car!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:34 AM
AWW100
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankee4u
Update Ordered Carrara white 2015 GT3 - agate and get silver ultimately were to subdued for me and red ultimately lost out Thanks for everyone's help with this decision - arriving before Xmas and early nov build Interesting fact is I think I'm the only person that's color keyed the side skirts which my dealer thought was crazy - I thought it would make the car appear lower/finished - may have to wrap a part of rear lip to match Went with 4 way leather deviated and all trimmings minus carbon ceramics
Congratulations. White is a good choice. Why did you say red lost out? Did you get the white or the metallic one?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
oc997, also thanks for the post. I'm mentally substituting C4S (the car I traded in) for TT in yoir post, and am getting really excited to experience the GT3.
You won't regret it!!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 PM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations. White is a good choice. Why did you say red lost out? Did you get the white or the metallic one?
My biggest issue with red is if you want ceramics I am not visually in love with the red body and yellow calipers as it looks a tad McDonald's.

This was main reason I liked the white and yellow caliper combo which contrasts beautifully.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 PM
AWW100
Instructor

Originally Posted by oc997
My biggest issue with red is if you want ceramics I am not visually in love with the red body and yellow calipers as it looks a tad McDonald's. This was main reason I liked the white and yellow caliper combo which contrasts beautifully.
Hmmmmm. If I don't get the Pccb then it will be red on red. Hmmmmm.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Hmmmmm. If I don't get the Pccb then it will be red on red. Hmmmmm.
I know it may sound silly to you hard core track guys but I opted not to go with the PCCB because my car is GR and I didn't like the yellow calipers with this color, I much preferred Red on Red myself. I took the 10K and loaded up the inside. This car will see the track but only on occasion.

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 or 2014 Turbo S