Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Sean

" Backdraft " how fun ! great name
Thanks. It works. Especially given I bailed out and returned to the same car. And it pays homage to the cars very tough beginnings.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:10 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 248 Posts

I would imagine the GT3 will get less attention than the 918 I drove today. Had a woman on the highway come up beside with the phone sticking out the window. Got a thumbs up, gave the car some gas and the flipped out and loved it. Didn't get the panties on the car though...

I expect the GT3 to provide some attention, but nothing like that today.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:34 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Well I hope it will get less attention than my GTR did which should not be a problem....any 18-25 year old was all over me either on the road or a parking lot.....they love that car.....the 458 on the other hand is a whole different story....that's why I went with grey.....
Old 09-19-2014, 10:14 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats on the i8!

What do you think of it so far?
Originally Posted by KenU
How about some pics? Thanks
Love it, can't get over how they built this. I'll try to post pics, perhaps in an OT thread, not to hijack anyone's.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I truly surprised at the comments from people who say they don't get noticed by the public. I get heads turning everywhere I go. Thumbs up on the road, people pulling in to gas stations when I'm fueling up to ask questions about the car, and people on the street pulling out cell phones to take pictures. I was parked in front of a restaurant for lunch the other day and the owner, two waiters, and a couple of customers came out to ogle the car. I never got this kind of attention with my Carrera. Only my '73 Lotus Europa, which looked like a space ship among the other cars of it's day, even came close.

It's not that I live in an area where nice cars aren't commonplace. My wife finds it pretty funny and jokes that it's like I'm married to a movie star. Maybe it's partly the difference between a more subtle color and a glowing red car, but it never lacks for attention, and I've yet to hear anything but very positive and enthusiastic comments. It's fun.
Mike, it is all relative. Coming from Ferrari's and R8's or the like, the attention between those cars and a Porsche are worlds apart. Porsche makes a great car but not a pretty or sexy one.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike, it is all relative. Coming from Ferrari's and R8's or the like, the attention between those cars and a Porsche are worlds apart. Porsche makes a great car but not a pretty or sexy one.
I'm sure that's true, Nick. I was just surprised that some people said they got NO notice. All I know is that my car gets a lot of attention everywhere I drive it; too much more and I think it would start to become a concern.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive around with a big smile on my face and I think folks appreciate and feed into it as opposed to my buddy who drives my car like he's a "gansta" never gets any play. In fact, folks intentionally not look at the car to avoid giving him the satisfaction.

I have girls ask for rides (unfortunately guys too), kids chasing with iPhones, thumbs up from opposing traffic.......You name it, always happens. Its not like theres not super cars here. Im in NY.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:58 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Well,
Every time I've had the car out, I've had someone wave, thumb up, or stop me in the parking lot and ask me about it. That happened twice in 6 months in my c2s.

It's safe to say, even in the "subdued" color of GT Silver, this thing gets a ton more attention than a garden variety 911.

All very positive, enthusiastic comments. It's been fun so far. The car just has crazy presence about it.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Hey- It is a great looking car but after the fire there is a little mystic about it. I had some one approach me and say the GT3 was a dream of his and he heard about the fire and asked me what I thought. I told him all the details and he just said I am lucky to have one and enjoy the car. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride because his passion was hard to deny but he was on his way to dinner but was very appreciative
Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Hey- It is a great looking car but after the fire there is a little mystic about it. I had some one approach me and say the GT3 was a dream of his and he heard about the fire and asked me what I thought. I told him all the details and he just said I am lucky to have one and enjoy the car. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride because his passion was hard to deny but he was on his way to dinner but was very appreciative
I said the same thing to some high school girls, next thing I know I'm pulled over by the popo!.....wtf!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

(:
Old 10-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Jimmy, I have a rule. No hot rides for anyone. It causes you to do stupid things on public roads in an effort to show what the car can do.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Good advice
Old 10-15-2014, 08:04 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well I hope it will get less attention than my GTR did which should not be a problem....any 18-25 year old was all over me either on the road or a parking lot.....they love that car.....the 458 on the other hand is a whole different story....that's why I went with grey.....
hahaha, I HATE HATE the attention the GT-R gets. it's always hood rats or posers that love to say "oh, I have a Skyline from Japan at home" or pimply faced teenagers gawking over it and doing stupid *** ****.

I was at a local cars and coffee where we had a huge group of GT-Rs together. some kids in a Mazda 3 or something started following us, gawking at the cars. well, the driver was too busy gawking that he rear ended a GT-R, one that had just been purchased 4 days prior.

or, the idiots in ****boxes like G35's always wanting to race.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:26 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Jimmy, I have a rule. No hot rides for anyone. It causes you to do stupid things on public roads in an effort to show what the car can do.
Smart.

Quick Reply: How much attention does it get?