Sponsored by:

How much attention does it get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Jimmy, I have a rule. No hot rides for anyone. It causes you to do stupid things on public roads in an effort to show what the car can do.
What constitutes a hot ride? :-). Agree on this but I have been actually very responsible with my test rides so far. I deserve a gold star.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 PM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I've owned both, the 991 GT3 and R8, there is no comparison. In my town, 911's are a dime a dozen. People don't give the GT3 a second look. The R8 is another story, people freak out everywhere, there is no escape.

While it may be town/state dependent, 911's, including the GT3 are so ubiquitous and generic looking that they are ignored. My 991 GT3 is my third GT3 and I don't get any attention. My orange 997 GT3RS however got lots of attention.
the gt3 doesnt look anything like a base 911. yes in my town 911's blend in, kindof. people are used to seeing them.

but the 991 gt3 is a completly different appearance, has so much more punch in person. so much presence. its comparable to a supercar. maybe not quite as much as a ferrari or lamborghini, but very close. i think if there was an older ferrari, say an F430 and a 991 gt3 next to each other on the street, i truly believe the gt3 would get more attention. if that was a 458 Italia, i think it would be close, almost even . depending on the people, the colors of the cars, etc,..

people literally stand on corners and point with there arms extended, and several people have taken out their phones to start taking pics. they dont even see that theres a driver in the car. they just want to get a pic. its kindof cool.

lost of positive attention, while others seem to shy away, as a hint of envy is sensed from them.

but hey i guess that gonna happen too.

overall, IMO if you want to fly under the radar, the 991 gt3 is definitely NOT the car for you.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:35 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well I hope it will get less attention than my GTR did which should not be a problem....any 18-25 year old was all over me either on the road or a parking lot.....they love that car.....the 458 on the other hand is a whole different story....that's why I went with grey.....
my friend if you think the 991 gt3 is going to get less attention that a gtr, your in for a surprise. just forget it.

the gt3 is an absolute thing of beauty. i think it is genuinely as beautiful as a ferrari in person. it really is on that level. the wheels are like a work of fine art. the side view mirrors simply belong in an art gallery. the massive red brake calipers are just gorgeous. in a mouthwatering sort of way.

the gtr is a Nissan. and down right ugly IMO. lol.

but trust me its mostly positive attention. you will love it. youll have compliments coming out of your ***. color may play a part as well.

mines gt silver, (a $3500 option). which has a very classy, exotic flare to it.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:54 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike, it is all relative. Coming from Ferrari's and R8's or the like, the attention between those cars and a Porsche are worlds apart. Porsche makes a great car but not a pretty or sexy one.

lol. did you just refer to the audi r8 and a ferrari as if theyre equals in ANY way?

and are you saying an Audi is a better looking than a porsche? NO audi measures up in any respect to its counterpart from porsche. Audi has made some progress, yes. but they have a way to go before they catch up to the big three, (BMW, porsche , mercedes)

the r8's interior is butt ugly and cheap. as far as the exterior, well its wide. thats about it. does that make it an exotic? no sir.

lol. i think you have the hierarchy backwards my man, or need your vision examined.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:34 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
lol. did you just refer to the audi r8 and a ferrari as if theyre equals in ANY way? and are you saying an Audi is a better looking than a porsche? NO audi measures up in any respect to its counterpart from porsche. Audi has made some progress, yes. but they have a way to go before they catch up to the big three, (BMW, porsche , mercedes) the r8's interior is butt ugly and cheap. as far as the exterior, well its wide. thats about it. does that make it an exotic? no sir. lol. i think you have the hierarchy backwards my man, or need your vision examined.
I would bet an R8 gets as much attention as a 458. Maybe I'm crazy but, as I said, when I test drove an r8 I literally felt like a rock star. People snapping pictures, hanging out their windows.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Daniel L
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I see more 458s than R8s around the Los Angeles area and its suburbs. In fact, I've seen more 458s than GT3s.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I know it sounds strange, but you see a lot of 458s in LA. Also haven't seen any 991 GT3s on the road.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

GTR??? - Now that is one ugly car and I do not see that catching any eyes - respect the numbers not the looks.

Had a 2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder and that got a ridiculous amount of attention. More than my GT3. But - I personally like the looks of the 991 GT3 better. The problem with the Audi is it looks great but after 5 months of looking at it and also in my garage over the Winter it lost its' beauty to me. It does not grow on you but the opposite
Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
GTR??? - Now that is one ugly car and I do not see that catching any eyes - respect the numbers not the looks.

Had a 2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder and that got a ridiculous amount of attention. More than my GT3. But - I personally like the looks of the 991 GT3 better. The problem with the Audi is it looks great but after 5 months of looking at it and also in my garage over the Winter it lost its' beauty to me. It does not grow on you but the opposite
exactly.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Dude-
Pro

I think I mentioned this before, aside from the 991 gt3 I don't like any other 911 variants. Been a Vette and Lambo fan for many years and have always dislike porsche (look wise but engineering is another story). The 991 GT3 is the only porsche line that has a super car stance and presence. Many of you may disagree but from a non-porsche guy, thats how a lot of people see it. This is why the 991 GT3 is so unique and can be compared to a 458S and 650S. Its got the looks an performance. This is why it gets a lot more attention from any previous models.

Quick Reply: How much attention does it get?