Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color choice Quandry

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm sorry, my understanding is that white is the only color available. It is a GT3 right? Not a Carrera or a Turbo? Cool then white it is!!!

PS: love the all black look and have it on my S6
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
prestonr2010
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I was a speed yellow guy on 2 other P cars, really liked that color. Very nervous about racing yellow as being kind of too close to the yellow VW bug color which I don't care for. Well, have had it a couple of weeks and the yellow is awesome. You do have to be ready for people pointing and taking pictures (really) but it seems to bring out the car's character.

looks pretty cool at night
Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the insight on Yellow - very excited on getting it now and just trying to finalize the aftermarket wheel finishes. I'm getting the stock rims in the standard finish to run for winter and track duty.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:08 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The finalists for exterior color are white and agate grey metallic. I removed the others from the thread beginning. I need to make the choice soon as the Nov. build deadline is coming up. I went with the bucket seats, cf interior, door sills, grey belts and platinum stitching. Steel brakes and the platinum satin finish wheels. Black xenon pds lights. The grey really looks very close to seal grey...the image from the Configurator appears considerably darker. While I love red and yellow, I prefer a low key stealth profile for the road. I still have mixed feelings trading in my 6GT3. I suppose I will forget about her when the new one arrives.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:19 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
The finalists for exterior color are white and agate grey metallic. I removed the others from the thread beginning. I need to make the choice soon as the Nov. build deadline is coming up. I went with the bucket seats, cf interior, door sills, grey belts and platinum stitching. Steel brakes and the platinum satin finish wheels. Black xenon pds lights. The grey really looks very close to seal grey...the image from the Configurator appears considerably darker. While I love red and yellow, I prefer a low key stealth profile for the road. I still have mixed feelings trading in my 6GT3. I suppose I will forget about her when the new one arrives.
I too have struggled with all these decisions. I went with white. I am still a bit on the fence about the carbon fiber trim interior. I don't like the shiny bling of it, but I am worried that the anthracite brushed wont match the bucket seats as well. I am guessing that's your thinking too...
Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I too have struggled with all these decisions. I went with white. I am still a bit on the fence about the carbon fiber trim interior. I don't like the shiny bling of it, but I am worried that the anthracite brushed wont match the bucket seats as well. I am guessing that's your thinking too...
FWIW, I had the GT2 buckets in my 997.2 Carrera S which was Arctic Silver with a Cocoa interior. The CF on the seatbacks was the only CF in the interior and it looked great. Very subjective, of course, but I don't think you necessarily need CF trim to look good with the CF on the buckets. Anthracite would go well with other elements in the interior. Either choice would be fine, IMHO.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With those two colors I'd get white.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
With those two colors I'd get white.
Think seal grey like my 996. ..the image from the config is too dark. Maybe you feel the same about seal grey ? There are so many white GT3's, not that it really matters. I suppose if I ever wanted racing stripes, white would be the car.

Thanks for your input frayed.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:50 PM
spooky
Intermediate

I quite easily got it to a choice between two colours but couldn't decide.

Then thought how I'd feel on first seeing it and with one of those I'd think 1% whether I'd have preferred the other. With GT Silver I know I won't be thinking about the other so decision made :-). Hope it helps.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:48 PM
frayed
Race Car

I think Dude's comments in the other thread about the subdued by menacing look of Agate (black too) is accurate. White will 'pop' more.

But there's no wrong decision here. The width, ride height, wheels, wing, fr/rr bumpers = presence. Even standing still engine off.

Quick Reply: Color choice Quandry