Sponsored by:

SA said...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 02:44 PM
916Bob
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SA said...

I was just told that production is now scheduled to stop in December, according to PCNA. More importantly though is that the lightweight buckets may not be available after all. They still show on the Configurator though. Anybody heard anything about either? Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I will have someone's head at PCNA or PAG if they backtrack on those seats. I've already sold off the buckets I had on hand.

Ryan
Old 09-17-2014, 03:02 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If true, all I have to say is wowzers!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:07 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this is a mistake/misunderstanding.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:12 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

The December part is also what I was told by my dealer who got it from PCNA a couple of weeks ago. I'm betting that what the dealer heard was about the Tequipment GT2 seats fiasco. A lot of people saw the brochure and have been asking about them, not just GT3 people either. If PAG put those 918 seats on the US configurator it's because they have them available, and the reason is (I'm betting) they will be used for the RS.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:24 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by djcxxx
The December part is also what I was told by my dealer who got it from PCNA a couple of weeks ago. I'm betting that what the dealer heard was about the Tequipment GT2 seats fiasco. A lot of people saw the brochure and have been asking about them, not just GT3 people either. If PAG put those 918 seats on the US configurator it's because they have them available, and the reason is (I'm betting) they will be used for the RS.
This is very sound logic, and would completely make sense that someone at dealer/s might have gotten info confused....the orders I would imagine would have been kicked out of system if they weren't available, unless because NOV has not arrived yet on sport bucket installs at factory that they are just realizing that "Houston we have a problem"?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Its all because the gt3 rs will then begin
Old 09-17-2014, 05:09 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

I don't believe the buckets will be a problem. Since they come in the 918 to US, that means they're DOT approved already and should not be a problem to offer them on the GT3. If it's an issue with supply or something, then I don't know what to say about it.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

I wonder how long this thread is going to go... based yet again on rumors from someone who's had a total of 4 posts.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
I wonder how long this thread is going to go... based yet again on rumors from someone who's had a total of 4 posts.
LOL... how true. but, but... if there is anything to the rumor that the buckets aren't coming after all.. that would be an abominable move on porsche's part.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
LOL... how true. but, but... if there is anything to the rumor that the buckets aren't coming after all.. that would be an abominable move on porsche's part.
I have a legal background, and I can tell you right now Porsche will be in quite a bit of a legal pickle if that were to happen. As long as you placed a deposit with a build sheet to dealer, you should be good. Basics of contract law
Old 09-17-2014, 08:21 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
I have a legal background, and I can tell you right now Porsche will be in quite a bit of a legal pickle if that were to happen. As long as you placed a deposit with a build sheet to dealer, you should be good. Basics of contract law
I hate to always disagree but this is untrue, ultimately anyone can push a lawsuit when they want to but putting time and money into is something very different. Take a look at a build sheet with commission number or in the Porsche configuration software and read disclosure closely. Porsche has 100 ways out of legal liability if they were to cancel Sport buckets because it says its subject to availability, says it must be approved by PAG, etc, etc. Now customer service problems are a whole different issue, and of course riots out in front of offices in GA.

And I should add that obviously I do not believe that there will be any problems on Porsche coming through with sport buckets...just adding that they could take them away with no serious legal problems

Last edited by sccchiii; 09-17-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

i don't have a build sheet, i'm v200 and a few weeks out. I have no recourse.

but first, hold on.. can we verify before spinning out into another endless collective tizzy?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:43 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
^^This
Confusion with the Techquipment/aftermarket 997 GT2 seats and the new 991 GT3 seats...two different things.

Like the thread where THREE PEOPLE posted the exact description from PAG site re: sport buckets ("Electric height adjustment")....yet post after post where someone "heard" that they do not adjust

Bill

Quick Reply: SA said...