Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA to auction 30+ '14 GT3's to dealers....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Do we know for certain that the titles on these cars will be tainted?? If they are being sold to the Dealers and then to the consumer does that qualify? Has any one found out this for certain?

If so - this may be plain freakin stupid for PCNA to do this. They can tank not only the 2014 cars but also the 2015 values.
This scenario was discussed quite a while ago. I'm no expert, just passing on what I was told by someone in the business. According to him, after the cars are bought back by Porsche and then sold at auction, when they are subsequently resold by dealers the title is effectively laundered and there is no lemon law stigma attached.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Worst case scenario it says manufacturer buy back.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were Porsche, I sell it to driving schools, racing schools, exotic racing "like" facilities , make them curtesy cars press cars and the list goes on. Theres only a few of them, Im sure its pretty easy to get ride of them for the benefit of marketing the brand. Why bother offering it up to the public and get somebodies hopes up in thinking they may get one with a huge discount. It will never happen and its not good for the brand. If you get 5-15K off sticker great, just don't expect to see big discounts.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

This would not be as if the car had been totaled or flood damage.The title will be clear so you can finance it.Porsche dealers would not be allowed to sell them if not.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I have heard they will go for list plus. Nothing wrong with the cars but they can't be financed or CPO'd. Not a problem if you are writing a check, but you will have to find a check writer to sell it to.
That is precisely what the dealer told me. List plus.
Not sure about the second part you mention. My understanding is that these cars are just the ones that were "new" and had been ordered by customers and got caught in the stop sale. They then did not want them.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Do we know for certain that the titles on these cars will be tainted?? If they are being sold to the Dealers and then to the consumer does that qualify? Has any one found out this for certain?

If so - this may be plain freakin stupid for PCNA to do this. They can tank not only the 2014 cars but also the 2015 values.
JD, as per my reply to CC I am of the understanding that the cars are not tainted and are perfectly fine. I cannot confirm this.

I was told that the cars will not be sold at a discount but will go for a premium to the dealer. They will just increase the amount of cars that will be in the system to satisfy demand. How much of that is certain who knows.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A "branded" title is permanent. It does not go away because the the car is sold at retail or auction. A flood vehicle or a salvage vehicle or any other branding does not go away due to sales transactions. It is why they use the word "branded".
Old 09-12-2014, 02:33 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 384 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
A "branded" title is permanent. It does not go away because the the car is sold at retail or auction. A flood vehicle or a salvage vehicle or any other branding does not go away due to sales transactions. It is why they use the word "branded".
Yes but it is all speculation that these titles will even be branded. No proof of that yet. These cars were bought back, or not even delivered. Especially with an undelivered, not even titled car, I don't see how there would be any issue on the title.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Yes but it is all speculation that these titles will even be branded. No proof of that yet. These cars were bought back, or not even delivered. Especially with an undelivered, not even titled car, I don't see how there would be any issue on the title.
Makes sense. These cars are different from ones that have been disaster damaged.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

I guess we will see but that's what I heard.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Right. Not an issue if these were never delivered to a retail customer. But if they were sold, delivered, then bought back, they would be subject to branding. People just need to make sure they know exactly what they are buying.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

If you find someone who buys one at over MSRP, send me his or her name. I've got some other things they may want to buy!

One of these buy-back cars is from the local dealer. Guy paid $40k over and then was told not to drive the car. He was not amused and sold it back. I saw it before PCA snarfed it up. Nice car. Should make someone happy.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Are these cars that have mileage on them? If so, I can understand a possibility of them going for less than MSRP but my guess it would not be more than a couple thousand if that. If these are cars not driven, no way these cars will go for less than MSRP.

Regarding those that claim there are zillion 2015's out there for purchase please call my dealer so that he can get his hands on a couple. My last discussion with him was he had one 2015 allocation and his list is a mile long. FWIW, he is the 6th largest dealer in the US.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:12 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

I guess it comes down to how bad you want one and how concerned you are with what it cost or resale.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am told by a good source in Atlanta that these cars will not be branded titles at all, and will be sold at a closed auction available to Porsche dealers only. Source does not believe any were actual buybacks from cars that were titled to customer already. These were GT3s that the customers declined to accept delivery of and sat around waiting for engines to arrive for replacement and never made it to dealers. These cars were replaced one way or another with another unit (mostly 2015 allocations) to dealers to make up for the 2014 model the customers did not want. They did not allow original dealers to take them after engine replacement because they choose a make up allocation and it would have given them additional GT3 units they didn't earn.

Last edited by sccchiii; 09-12-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: PCNA to auction 30+ '14 GT3's to dealers....