Sponsored by:

issues encountered with your GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default issues encountered with your GT3

I open this thread coz I am probably not alone which is facing some minor issues.

listing of the small issues:
- this is the second time that I have a notification on the screen to tell me that "lifting system error"
I brought it back to PC, they checked, and told me we tranferred the error code to technical department, we don't see any problem in the system

-sport exhaust valve, I pressed the button, sometimes it worked, sometime no, sometime partial extra noise
they changed the two rubber pipe linked to the valves as they were small cracks which probably brought a lost of pressure.

-scratch in the driver window after the first opening, I found a small stone (how lucky I am ), internal side, they replaced it immediately but they ensured me that it was OK in PDI...

-noise at the back like a screwdriver is touching the back pane when cruising on the road, very disappointing noise.
they adjusted the small black rubber pad of the wing base

-other noise at the back, they fixed the clips on the rear piece located just underneath the rear pane.

So far everything is OK...1 week experience only and around 800kms now
Soon, I will need to refill the oil as it is already 2 blocks down

looking to hear from you guys!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

My driver's side window regulator was noisy. It was replaced a couple of weeks after the car was first delivered.

The cup holder door didn't close properly every time. It was replaced during the pre-delivery inspection.

A number of us have gotten the lift message but the lift has never failed to work and the message always clears as soon as the button is pushed. It often seems to be related to having the door open when you start the car. I think if the lift has been left up and a bit of pressure is lost over time, or even if it's down and the pressure reservoir isn't fully pressurized, if you start the car with the door open the system will recognize that the lift should be raised to the top but it can't do so because the lift doesn't work with the door ajar. Hence the message.

Other than those items, after 2400 miles, 1400 on the new engine, the car has been perfect. Oil level is still at the 3 bar optimum level; after some hard road driving and 1 autocross, I've not had to add any.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"ECS and TC lost. OK to drive on" Three times already. Restart engines fixed it

Q. You didn't see the cop?
A. He was hiding behind my wing.

Last edited by Dude-; 08-21-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:22 PM
green
Pro

My friend has experienced the intermittent sport exhaust malfunction.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Oil level is still at the 3 bar optimum level; after some hard road driving and 1 autocross, I've not had to add any.
Interesting. I have a little over 1,000 miles and I've added a litre or so.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
Interesting. I have a little over 1,000 miles and I've added a litre or so.
That's within spec but it's still quite a bit of oil to use in 1000 miles. IIRC, you track your car so that makes a difference. Mine has seen some fairly hard driving so I know I'm burning off any fluid contaminants that might be giving a false reading. It's just not using oil.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:38 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Dude-;11592160]"ECS and TC lost. OK to drive on" Three times already. Restart engines fixed it

Beast mode activated for today, no alternative...
Old 08-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Aside from the radiator screens and a cabin trim squeak, it's been fine for the first 500 miles or so.

I'll post my gripes about the car in gripe threads, but in terms of quality, it's been better than my other 991.

This reminds me, there was a problem with the front bumper cover alignment with the hood. This was resolved by pulling the plastic into position and tightening one of the screws. Kind of feeble that the car got to the customer with this far out of whack.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:04 AM
chizi
Intermediate

Missile here in UAE with our weather we burn a lot more oil, its normal. that sucks how many issues you have had. im getting my car from AD too. i hope not as many issues. im deff gonna check the windows for rocks.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

While we are on this topic my only "issue" over the first 9 months has been a "squeak" in the passenger side door (driver side for USA). The speaker in that door seems to vibrate/rattle also at volume. I suspect the two are related but I havent had the techs look at it yet. Otherwise with teh new engine just fine the silly electronic oil measure thing is finicky...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
While we are on this topic my only "issue" over the first 9 months has been a "squeak" in the passenger side door (driver side for USA). The speaker in that door seems to vibrate/rattle also at volume. I suspect the two are related but I havent had the techs look at it yet. Otherwise with teh new engine just fine the silly electronic oil measure thing is finicky...
Yes! Even after less than a week, I've noticed that too. Turn down the Bass and the vibration issue goes away. There seems to be a squeak from where the tiny vinyl / leather triangle at the front most edge of where the window meets the door (if that description makes any sense...).
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Yes! Even after less than a week, I've noticed that too. Turn down the Bass and the vibration issue goes away. There seems to be a squeak from where the tiny vinyl / leather triangle at the front most edge of where the window meets the door (if that description makes any sense...).
You have nailed it! I got my wife to listen for it and that's exactly the location we heard that noise! Im in another country from by car so if you do figure out exactly what it is and how to eliminate it and you let me know please....
Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 AM
0Q991
Drifting

You have nailed it! I got my wife to listen for it and that's exactly the location we heard that noise! Im in another country from by car so if you do figure out exactly what it is and how to eliminate it and you let me know please....
Will do, Mark.

Until you mentioned it, I thought it was because I (ignorantly) ordered the Extended Leather Door Panel, which really adds NOTHING of value. But one of the items it adds? That little triangle in leather. So I thought that maybe it was leather squeak from maybe that tiny part. But I don't think so anymore.

If I find out how to isolate and fix will PM you.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I dont have that option but I do have that squeak. Keen to learn what you find. Sounds like two materials rubbing together and isnt constant unless you are driving over say a rough chip seal surface creating a certain vibrations. When I do hear it drives me mad. Unfortunately the only car Ive owned including new cars that was truly quiet was 2001 BMW M5 sold last year - was 12 years old and still 100% quiet. Go figure! I guess firm suspension and wide low profile tyres make the odd squeak in these cars inevitable!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:32 AM
0Q991
Drifting

I dont have that option but I do have that squeak. Keen to learn what you find. Sounds like two materials rubbing together and isnt constant unless you are driving over say a rough chip seal surface creating a certain vibrations. When I do hear it drives me mad. Unfortunately the only car Ive owned including new cars that was truly quiet was 2001 BMW M5 sold last year - was 12 years old and still 100% quiet. Go figure! I guess firm suspension and wide low profile tyres make the odd squeak in these cars inevitable!
Exactly! I wish I didn't get this stupid option--my dealer was, shall we say, less than fully informed on what it was...

Yes--it sounds like to materials rubbing or not always in full contact. Definitely noticeable in uneven surfaces.

Quick Reply: issues encountered with your GT3