Sponsored by:

Lift system malfunction error

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lift system malfunction error

Got it twice today and once last night. After turning the car off and on, it goes away. Anybody else seen this error?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup...I had that sign a couple of times as well. However I thought it was only an error message rather than a real lift failure. I just had to activate it up or down and it goes away.
On the same subject. Is it bad or harmful to the lift, If I were I to forgot to bring down the lift and leave it up overnight?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Got it twice today and once last night. After turning the car off and on, it goes away. Anybody else seen this error?
Originally Posted by Fadi1
Yup...I had that sign a couple of times as well. However I thought it was only an error message rather than a real lift failure. I just had to activate it up or down and it goes away.
On the same subject. Is it bad or harmful to the lift, If I were I to forgot to bring down the lift and leave it up overnight?
Kamal, I get the message periodically. I haven't kept track of every occurrence but it seems like it often has to do with starting the car with the door open or ajar (the system won't work with the door open). Anyway, a press of the button always clears the message just as Fadi1 says; the lift has never failed to work.

Fadi1, I don't think anything is harmed by accidentally leaving the lift up overnight, at least I hope not as I've done it several times without incident. Eventually, the system will lose pressure which is why the manual recommends not leaving the lift up in case when it lowers it damages the car or whatever is under it.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:53 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Thanks Mike

Last edited by silverrules; 08-17-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got that message once Silver but it went away. I also got ESC and TC fail but the next day it was fine. I don't kown whats that about but I do understand these tech's are like an iPhone and may need a good REBOOT to get them back on track.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:51 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I was hoping that with the software update it would go away but it still happens periodically. As others stated, just a harmless German gremlin.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 AM
silverrules
Drifting

With all the electronic in these cars what we need is CTRL, ALT, DEL
Old 08-17-2014, 12:32 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those would be great for the center console blanks!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

You should try to avoid leaving it up over night or for an extended amount of time. Sure- if you forget it now and then it will not hurt it but I read some where not recommended
Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
You should try to avoid leaving it up over night or for an extended amount of time. Sure- if you forget it now and then it will not hurt it but I read some where not recommended
I agree. I haven't read that there are any mechanical issues with leaving it up, however if you get in that habit and then park over top of something that you were able to just clear with the lift, when/if it leaks down you could damage something.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,933 Likes on 5,203 Posts

Disconnect battery?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:01 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi silver... I too get the error occasionally and as Mike indicated it seems it does appear more frequent if you raise the car while the door is open. The error message is intermittent though but never an issue with lift. Strange part is that my service manager indicated the other 2 GT3 owners who also have a lift never encountered this error message. So it appears not everyone is getting them.

Perhaps Ctr Alt Del is the solution, although I switched to a Mac 10 year ago just to avoid all of this Mark
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on the comments about the lift system can someone confirm it does not go down automatically after reaching a certain speed, thus you need to remember to lower it after you have cleared the bump?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:22 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Based on the comments about the lift system can someone confirm it does not go down automatically after reaching a certain speed, thus you need to remember to lower it after you have cleared the bump?

Thanks.
It will go down automatically once you hit or exceed 39mph.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Canspeed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Yeah, I was hoping that with the software update it would go away but it still happens periodically. As others stated, just a harmless German gremlin.
I had the warning today on start-up with my door open, seemed odd my parking brake was on too ? Closed door, turned off hand brake, pressed the lift button and it went away, I do leave it parked in garage with it up,

Quick Reply: Lift system malfunction error