Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 production ending

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

There has been a rumor (repeated several times in this forum) that US dealers would get some 2015 GT3 allocations in December 2014. More recently we hear that GT3 production will end Feb 28, 2015. It's possible that both are true. The GT3s allocated in December could be built in February. A glimmer of hope for those that are waiting.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

The problem is that this "stop sale" has really screwed every thing. I deal a lot in manufacturing and when some thing like this occurs( ~two month delay) you just can not make up for this . There is so much that is affected and especially higher margin/demand products. You cut your losses and move on. And I think that is their plan. They will announce the 2015 allocations that are still available after the reclassified 2014s eat up some of the 2015s. They will continue their same schedule but lose 2 months worth of GT3 production.- I do not know what else they will do.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:45 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer sent me my commission number this morning with a Vehicle Status of "V070 Order demand released for order" but no build or arrival dates showing. Is this an actual allocation or is this just what anyone on a wait list receives? My apologies if this has been answered before; this is my first time ordering from PCNA.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

I spoke with one salesperson who seemed that I felt was not too knowledgeable and they said there will still be a 2016 GT3. I spoke with another dealer and they will have more answers tomorrow because their rep will be coming in. He seemed to be knowledgeable regarding this and he said after Feb they start a new calendar year. He foresees that there will be a 2016 and the RS will be on a separate line so no conflict there. I raised the point about 997.1 & 997.2 running 2 years each. He said in these matters don't exercise logic. They are seeing the rising demand so they may compensate.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

This company is struggling to deliver 14's and 15's now men! To me it's inconcievable they could deliver a car to everyone that wants one. Try to get another. I know people waiting till December for 2014 cars? The only thing I know without a doubt is Dealers are the least informed group out there, and you could call around all day and not two of them would give you the same answer. Seems the only good intel comes from these forums from people like Maaca and Calexico and our other Porscherazzi's . Porsche's reccipe comes straight from Apples cookbook of corporate secrecy and product misdirection, at the cost of customer sanity. Can we add an emoticon of a smiley face blowing its brains out? IMHO no one should make solid plans based on any dealer speculation. Oh and my 14 is still THREE months out!

Bummer about Robbin Williams too.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Porsche's reccipe comes straight from Apples cookbook of corporate secrecy and product misdirection, at the cost of customer sanity. Can we add an emoticon of a smiley face blowing its brains out? IMHO no one should make solid plans based on any dealer speculation. Oh and my 14 is still THREE months out!
While Apple is secretive, Apple makes as many devices as it possibly can, and demand is always met. Sure, there might be a surge right when something is first released, but within a short period of time, everyone gets the device they wanted. That's why companies like Porsche frustrate me. People want to buy these cars. Make them please. Even better, if you're planning on selling a lot more cars (which they are), then maybe increase your output capacity.

Bummer about Robbin Williams too.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Rioja del 73
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it a strategy from Ferrari? To build one less car than the market needed?

Maybe Porsche knows.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Maybe, or possibly the recipe to very healthy margins and safeguarding for a down turn in a global economy is never to over produce but under produce. You keep increased demand constant, higher margins thru exclusivity, and keeps costs down because your resisting economies of scale. Just may be GM should pay attention.- Sorry- wrong place for this discussion
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

Towards the end of every product cycle everyone gets the production Ferrari they want. You may have to wait (horrors) but you get it. This cycle is repeated over and over again. I passed on my GT3 because I was unwilling to accept a one year old new car with a story.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:59 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^Maybe, or possibly the recipe to very healthy margins and safeguarding for a down turn in a global economy is never to over produce but under produce. You keep increased demand constant, higher margins thru exclusivity, and keeps costs down because your resisting economies of scale. Just may be GM should pay attention.- Sorry- wrong place for this discussion
That doesn't make any sense. Just like with a cell phone, if you can't get the one you want, you buy another. It's foolish not to sell the maximum number of cars the market demands (unless you're Ferrari and just needed to sell enough to cover your racing expenses).
Old 08-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone really needs to straighten those Porsche guys out. Those idiots only made an after tax profit of 2.41 BILLION dollars last year!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

What has made sense the last year with Porsche!!!???

My comment, above, was meant to be a little sarcastic towards Porsche but nothing would surprise me. They obviously have a pretty good business platform because they make a heck of a lot of money/margin that many Car manufacturers envy.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:22 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ugh, I still can't get over Robin Williams taking his life. Makes all this GT 3 drama seem really stupid and minor. That guy was awesome!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Someone really needs to straighten those Porsche guys out. Those idiots only made an after tax profit of 2.41 BILLION dollars last year!
....not selling Gt3's
Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Ugh, I still can't get over Robin Williams taking his life. Makes all this GT 3 drama seem really stupid and minor. That guy was awesome!
Unbelievable. I've been sad all afternoon. I can't explain it

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending