Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys. Yes, a seriously painful wait. My original delivery date was January 10th and the car has been at the port here in Canada since mid-February. Was nearing the end of my rope but it’s just about go-time.

And yes, Canadian cars get the swaps done @ the dealer.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
Thanks guys. Yes, a seriously painful wait. My original delivery date was January 10th and the car has been at the port here in Canada since mid-February. Was nearing the end of my rope but it’s just about go-time.

And yes, Canadian cars get the swaps done @ the dealer.

Lord.

Jan. 10 was your orig. date?

Please post some more pics of the work in progress if you can. Looks great.

Do you know how many Canadian 991 GT3's? Must not be too many.

Congrats.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:43 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Lord.

Jan. 10 was your orig. date?

Please post some more pics of the work in progress if you can. Looks great.

Do you know how many Canadian 991 GT3's? Must not be too many.

Congrats.

Yeah, brutal wait.

There is a disproportionate high number of GT3’s up here (in relation to population), not sure of the exact numbers but there are at least 5 GT3’s waiting for engines at my dealer right now (and I think 4 swaps have already been done there). And there are 3 dealers within 30 minutes of me.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First batch of deliveries next week folks. It's coming.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
First batch of deliveries next week folks. It's coming.
Yep. That's the feeling.

Did you get any official word, Mike?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 AM
Dude-
Pro

Hi Tim, i got the email from my original request today that the first batch of port davisville cars will be moving out next week. Unfortunately, they don't have details of which cars. My info on their system still shows that my engine arrived on the 7/14-21 but no updated info on whether it was done or not.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dude-
Hi Tim, i got the email from my original request today that the first batch of port davisville cars will be moving out next week. Unfortunately, they don't have details of which cars. My info on their system still shows that my engine arrived on the 7/14-21 but no updated info on whether it was done or not.
I got a similar email from Ian about the SD cars as well.

Man...let's hope for the best!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Anyone has any updates from the port of Houston cars. I emailed Andrea but she didn't respond to me yet. Getting really anxious as time passes
Old 08-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Well, not happy with the news from Ian 2 days ago. It appears I get different information on every call but this was the first that I heard originally I was a "Week 32" car. So my engine should be delivered to Port next week and should have car at Dealer the week of 8/25 or 9/1. He did convey this is conservative but I told him I would be bitterly disappointed if I did not have this car for Labor Day weekend because 3 months after that it will go in to storage. It did hit me that if I do not have the car for labor Day Weekend should I just put it up for Sale or Auction on E-bay because how much usage am I going to get until next Spring. I know I am acting like a spoiled brat but I would, also, first give some one who frequents this forum the first shot on this car before trying to sell it elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Jimmy, what dates had they given you previously?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

If I recall it was more mid-Aug but I would really hate to lose Labor Day weekend. I guess bitching is not going to help but at this point I just got to sit and wait and follow you all and see if we are going to get them quicker than originally suggested. The first batch of port cars will be shipping out next week. I guess I am just having a knee jerk reaction because I know when I do see it and drive it she will not be going for sale. It is just such a rare car right now and you just do not see these cars on the street. I think if I saw one I would drool a little.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I also earlier this week ran in to a friend of ours' here on the forum who got rid of his Red 991 GT3 for a McLaren. Car did look good and sounded great but does not move me like the GT3 does.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hang in there Jimmy. Two weeks is nothing in the total time line. I imagine once it's in your hands all will be forgotten.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:13 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
If I recall it was more mid-Aug but I would really hate to lose Labor Day weekend. I guess bitching is not going to help but at this point I just got to sit and wait and follow you all and see if we are going to get them quicker than originally suggested. The first batch of port cars will be shipping out next week. I guess I am just having a knee jerk reaction because I know when I do see it and drive it she will not be going for sale. It is just such a rare car right now and you just do not see these cars on the street. I think if I saw one I would drool a little.
Is your car out from Houston port or Rhode Island?

I've been given slightly changing dates / data too.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Well, not happy with the news from Ian 2 days ago. It appears I get different information on every call but this was the first that I heard originally I was a "Week 32" car. So my engine should be delivered to Port next week and should have car at Dealer the week of 8/25 or 9/1. He did convey this is conservative but I told him I would be bitterly disappointed if I did not have this car for Labor Day weekend because 3 months after that it will go in to storage. It did hit me that if I do not have the car for labor Day Weekend should I just put it up for Sale or Auction on E-bay because how much usage am I going to get until next Spring. I know I am acting like a spoiled brat but I would, also, first give some one who frequents this forum the first shot on this car before trying to sell it elsewhere.
^
Jimmy,
sounds like Porsche lied to you also, on delivering engines in priority of purchase order.
several of us feel your pain...

Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port