Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a Pagani Huayra? Here is one of first delivered to a US customer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default How about a Pagani Huayra? Here is one of first delivered to a US customer!

I had the privilege of seeing & photographing a MY2014 Pagani Huayra, one of the first delivered to a client in the US, last night! We had dinner with the owner, a friend of mine from Colorado & Louisiana, who just took delivery of this 'French Blue' Pagani in Los Angeles on Monday (May 19th). He drove up from LA for a photo session at the Carmel Mission, where the car is scheduled to be on display later this summer for the Second Annual 'Carmel Mission Classic' on Wednesday, August 13th during the Historics!

http://www.carmelmissionclassic.org/index.html

So last night we met for dinner at the home of the 'Carmel Mission Classic' organizer Frank DiPaola and his wife Yara. There we were met by two Pagani employees - Davide Testi (R&D/Test Driver) for Pagani Automobili SpA and James Hilton (Operations Manager) for Pagani Worldwide LLC. Davide flew in from San Cesario sul Panaro (near Modena)*, where Pagani automobile production is located, to personally supervise the deliveries of four cars this week in California - two in Los Angeles and two in San Francisco! James is affiliated with Pagani in the US, which interestingly enough invoices all Paganis worldwide. Pagani Automobili builds them...but Pagani Worldwide LLC sells them directly from the US to all world markets! According to my conversations with Davide, Pagani plans to build 110 of the gullwing models, 110 of the cabriolets (not yet in production) and about 15 to 25 'gt' competition models to be called the 'Nürburgring Edition'. Around 40 of the gullwings have been sold to US customers. Major other markets for the Huayra include China and the Middle East. Interestingly, sales in Europe are very low due to the economic downturn.

The cost of the Huayra coupe is around € 1,200,00 or US$1,600,00+! Horatio Pagani (an Argentinian by birth) has been a pioneer in the use of carbon fiber in his previous employment with Ferrari & Lamborghini. As an independent, he is now taking the carbon fiber concept even further in his own production of cars! The car' weight is around 1,350 kilos or just shy of 3000 pounds! The engine is made by AMG and to quote them: 'Mercedes-AMG has created a truly unique and lightweight engine, a twin turbo with 730 HP and 1000 Nm of torque'! The gearbox is a 'transverse sequential seven speed gearbox - AMT robotyzed system with driving programs'. Other 'strategic partners' of Pagani, besides Mercedes-AMG, include APP - Wheels, ASPA – CNC Precision Parts, BREMBO – Braking Systems, DANI GROUP – Interior Leather, MHG – Exhaust System & PIRELLI - Tires! Every screw on the car is titanium and has laser-inscribed the 'Pagani' name! The exhaust is entirely made of titanium, which accounts for the beautiful blue/purple hues you see in the photos after they heat up! For more information on the Pagani Huayra, see the links below:

http://www.pagani.com/huayra/default.aspx

Notice of first US deliveries:
http://blog.dupontregistry.com/pagan...-customer-usa/

Tomorrow, the owner drives the car back to LA and then it will be shipped to his home in Louisiana. But it will be back soon in the West, first in Colorado in July and then here in Carmel for the Historics! Hope you enjoy the photos...although the quality is not the best since I was using my iPhone's camera.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Some of you might remember that I am part of a 'Guys Only Trip' that goes every two years to Europe and visit various European automobile factories and auto museums. In 2013, our group visited Pagani in San Cesario sul Panaro, just outside Modena. Paganis are truly a hand-build cars. The company employs less than 115 employees. Davide joined Pagani some years ago when there were only 14 employees...and he worked previously at Ferrari. He is a bit of a celebrity as a factory test driver. For the BBC's Top Gear, 'The Stig' posted the fasted lap ever of a production car in a Pagani Huayra at 1.13.8! Yet Davide Testi drove the same English circuit and bested The Stig's time by a considerable margin with the same Huayra during the Top Gear practices! Davide is an amazing driver!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/track-guid...ype=Power-Laps

In my photos, Davide is the one in the Pagani 'black' polo with tattoos in his arm (see last photo)! Davide is flying back to Italy tonight from San Francisco...he just came for the special deliveries in the West Coast!

Attached Images                

Last edited by Z356; 05-21-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

i like the attention to detail.

wonder how it drives.....
Old 05-21-2014, 06:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 365 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
How about a Pagani Huayra?
In comparison to what...an 150K GT3?!
I have this tree in the backyard...everyday I look at it in the hopes it will start growing money instead of just leaves...oh well...

Great post though Eduardo!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The exhaust and suspension are a work of art. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Car is definitely a rolling piece of art that happens to sound incredible and go pretty fast.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Where does the car get serviced in the US? I wonder whether the driver was wearing Google glass.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Attached are a couple of more photos found in the internet of this particular Huayra in Los Angeles a few days ago at delivery! Plus the article just published in Jalopnik yesterday talking about Davide Testi and the delivery of this beautiful 'French Blue' Pagani at the dealership in LA on Monday!

http://jalopnik.com/the-pagani-huayr...ium=socialflow

Plus a write up on the Pagani Huayra at Top Gear and Davide's test drive of that vehicle in England which is linked in the Jalopnik article on Davide Testi!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/220...4-25?imageNo=2

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nick
Where does the car get serviced in the US?
At these locations in the United States and Canada!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Oh good, there's a location here in Dallas. I was worried I couldn't get mine serviced when I bought it.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:01 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Not digging the side mirrors- looks like my desk lamp back in college- wonder if it bends too? Other than that that's "sex/drugs and women" in one package. Mike
Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for sharing Eduardo
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by neanicu
Great post though Eduardo!
Originally Posted by Protocav
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Originally Posted by silverrules
Thanks for sharing Eduardo
You are welcome, gents.

A few more photos that I took last night. The details of this car would take a week to cover adequately!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS We met one last time today (see last photo) before my friend drives the Pagani back to Los Angeles early tomorrow morning! Today was mostly a photo shoot day at the Carmel Mission and at various locations along US1 on the road to Big Sur. Unfortunately, we are getting into our summer seasonal 'marine fog layer', so the sun was a no-show!
Attached Images                
Old 05-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

that's ridiculous
Old 05-22-2014, 12:51 AM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Many thanks for posting Eduardo! Looking forward to your 'test drive' in the near future.

Every manufacturer could learn a thing or two from Pagani when it comes to artistry and the details.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:40 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta love the active aero on that car.

Quick Reply: How about a Pagani Huayra? Here is one of first delivered to a US customer!