Sponsored by:

Now that we are getting calls we need to ask some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Now that we are getting calls we need to ask some questions

and demand answers. I don't care who asks the questions as long as we get answers.

1.What is the fix which would correct the threat of engine fires.

2. Is there a line dedicated to producing GT3 engines and if so how many are being produced each day. If not, how many GT3 engines are being produced each day?

3. Have the engines been modified in any way and if so what are the modifications?

4. What mode of transportation is being used to ship the engines to the US?

5. How many cars are in each port and Atlanta?

6. How many teams will be at each location to install the engines and how many cars will they complete each day?

7. When are 2015s' scheduled to be built and will they be getting compensation and if so what?

8. If there is a disparity in compensation between ROW and US why?

9. Will there be additional compensation for the US?

If any one has questions to add please post them.

Guy's we need answers to these questions and there is no reason why PCNA cannot provide them.

Last edited by Nick; 05-14-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:37 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick--thanks for starting this thread. It's important.

One question to add--other than the engine, are there any other changes, improvements, or revisions being made to the cars?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Tim thanks. I did miss the most obvious question which I will incorporate into the list above.

What was the fix to the engine which would address the issue of spontaneous engine fires?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 I agree. Nick thanks for getting this started.

Only question I would add is also ask about the car reconditioning after engine swap, such as battery, tires, exterior detailing, etc
Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mqandil
+1 I agree. Nick thanks for getting this started.

Only question I would add is also ask about the car reconditioning after engine swap, such as battery, tires, exterior detailing, etc
Excellent question!

Mark, FWIW I don't believe PCNA will hold you being part of the group against you. I believe they are being as fair as they can be in getting the cars back to the owners.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Nick - you think if we all sent a group9action group??) email to PCNA to answer our list of questions they would answer. The concierges will not be able to give correct answers because some details they have provided directly to me have proven to be incorrect so I think they just make them up to appease us.- probably can not blame them if they can not get the answers themselves
Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Jimmy, you make a good point. Maybe Clock can send an email to the COO (he has the relationship) listing the question and asking for answers in writing.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Clock???- you are the anointed one.

I know, do not go off on me because I know the hell you have been dragged thru so anointed is probably not the best choice of words
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting answers to those questions

If you look at the feedback sofar from PCNA in the past 3 months, you actually expect any answers to those questions ?

Do not want to play devils advocate, but based on the feedback from the past 3 months, I would not give it much if any change

Just my 0.02
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I submitted the question t Porsche early this afternoon and I received a call from Jason Thomas I believe Ian's supervisor. Unfortunately I was out without a pen or paper but here are some of his answers as I best recall;

1. What is the fix that corrected the threat of engine fires?
Porsche redesign the connecting rod and cap

2. Is there a line dedicated to producing GT3 engines and if so how many are being produced each day. If not, how many GT3 engines are being produced each day?
Yes and the line is producing 25 engines a day

3. Have the engines been modified in any way and if so what are the modifications?
Other than the redesign rod and connection they did not modify the engine. However, there have been several software upgrades which improve the engine. "You are getting the latest and the greatest."

4. What mode of transportation is being used to ship the engines to the US?
Engines are air shipped weekly as we speak

5. How many cars are in each port and Atlanta?
He could not answer this question because depending on the production date of the car and the capacity at each port a car may be sent to a port farther away to get it done sooner

6. How many teams will be at each location to install the engines and how many cars will they complete each day?

The number of technician remains unclear. However only three location will do the work; San Diego, Rhode Island and Atlanta. They expect San Diego to complete five cars a day, R.I. three and Atlanta two

7. When are 2015s' scheduled to be built and will they be getting compensation and if so what?
2015's will begin production in September He said nothing about compensation for 2015 people

8. If there is a disparity in compensation between ROW and US why?

This was an interesting response. he said he is not allowed to speak to the issue but did say it is not what you think and Porsche may come out with an announcement dealing with the issue

9. Will there be additional compensation for the US?

PCNA has gone to PAG for additional compensation on our behalf. So far PAG has said no but PCNA is not giving up. For now he says the answer is no but that could change

10. Since many cars have been sitting outside at ports for months what is plan to delivery these cars in “new” condition?

Porsche dealers have been told to make these cars look new. The cars at port and not delivered are fully wrapped. If the condition of the car is not fully satisfactory Porsche will do whatever it has to do to make it right.

Jason could not be more accommodating and forthright in his answers.

Last edited by Nick; 05-16-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
I submitted the question t Porsche early this afternoon and I received a call from Jason Thomas I believe Ian's supervisor. Unfortunately I was out without a pen or paper but here are some of his answers as I best recall; 1. What is the fix that corrected the threat of engine fires? Porsche redesign the connecting rod and cap 2. Is there a line dedicated to producing GT3 engines and if so how many are being produced each day. If not, how many GT3 engines are being produced each day? Yes and the line is producing 25 engines a day 3. Have the engines been modified in any way and if so what are the modifications? Other than the redesign rod and connection they did not modify the engine. However, there have been several software upgrades which improve the engine. "You are getting the latest and the greatest." 4. What mode of transportation is being used to ship the engines to the US? Engines are air shipped weekly as we speak 5. How many cars are in each port and Atlanta? He could not answer this question because depending on the production date of the car and the capacity at each port a car may be sent to a port farther away to get it done sooner 6. How many teams will be at each location to install the engines and how many cars will they complete each day? The number of technician remains unclear. However only three location will do the work; San Diego, Rhode Island and Atlanta. They expect San Diego to complete five cars a day, R.I. three and Atlanta two 7. When are 2015s' scheduled to be built and will they be getting compensation and if so what? 2015's will begin production in September He said nothing about compensation for 2015 people 8. If there is a disparity in compensation between ROW and US why? This was an interesting response. he said he is not allowed to speak to the issue but did say it is not what you think and Porsche may come out with an announcement dealing with the issue 9. Will there be additional compensation for the US? PCNA has gone to PAG for additional compensation on out behalf. So far PAG has said no but PCNA is not giving up. For now he says the answer is no but that could change 10. Since many cars have been sitting outside at ports for months what is plan to delivery these cars in “new” condition? Porsche dealers have been told to make these cars look new. The cars at port and not delivered are fully wrapped. If the condition of the car is not fully satisfactory Porsche will do whatever it has to do to make it right. Jason could not be more accommodating and forthright in his answers.
Nick--bravo! This info and Q&A session is invaluable. Thanks!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I forgot to mention that the engines removed in the US will be scrapped. They will NOT be shipped back to Germany. Engines at the factory will be treated differently. They may save the block. Also, he did not know anything about the screen to protect the radiator. He said he would look into it.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:38 PM
0Q991
Drifting

I forgot to mention that the engines removed in the US will be scrapped. They will NOT be shipped back to Germany. Engines at the factory will be treated differently. They may save the block. Also, he did not know anything about the screen to protect the radiator. He said he would look into it.
Great info, again. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for the info, Nick!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:15 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

If for scrap any chance they let u have it? Mike

Quick Reply: Now that we are getting calls we need to ask some questions