Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Just spoke with Andrea.
My VIN ends in 183159 They are following the sequence of car completion. Mine is in the second week of engine swaps.
ALL cars will be shipped to ports or Atlanta, no exceptions.
My pick up time is between June 9 and 15
It will take 3-4 weeks to get it done
My expected delivery of completed vehicle is between July 7 and 13
Found it: 11/27/13
Thanks, Sam. At least we have the first data point although the date is later than I expected and I don't understand the 3-4 week delay that has no doubt been introduced by moving the cars to port. The only reasonable explanation is that they are trying to keep a firm grip on QC issues (well maybe labor too...).

Interestingly, my VIN is 183083 and my production date was 11/25, both of which are earlier than yours yet I haven't been called. Maybe Ian's behind in his calls, or did you call Andrea?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
I don’t know…based on Sam’s timing, I think guys like you & me with cars at NA ports are looking at August if we’re lucky. Possibly September. Not happy…..
Wow, not happy ??!!

You don't say! Just in time for the first fall weather when most of the country's track season is over....

I continue to be flabergasted.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks, Sam. At least we have the first data point although the date is later than I expected and I don't understand the 3-4 week delay that has no doubt been introduced by moving the cars to port. The only reasonable explanation is that they are trying to keep a firm grip on QC issues (well maybe labor too...).

Interestingly, my VIN is 183083 and my production date was 11/25, both of which are earlier than yours yet I haven't been called. Maybe Ian's behind in his calls, or did you call Andrea?
Mike, my VIN is close to yours and I, too have not been called yet. Very frustrating - I guess our cars have to go to San Diego? Really lame. They should make this easy on us, not more difficult than it has to be.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I called the main number, option 3 and complained no one called me (squeak squeak, need oil). I requested someone call me today, and Andrea called a few minutes later. You may very well be first week of engine swap. Keep us posted.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:50 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the main number, option 3 and complained no one called me (squeak squeak, need oil). I requested someone call me today, and Andrea called a few minutes later. You may very well be first week of engine swap. Keep us posted.
--I don't understand your message. So did she give you your date for the Swap, or tell you when they will call you with the official date?? I heard they are suppose to be doing it now, and should only take a couple of days to notify everyone. wtf.. LOL..
Old 05-14-2014, 12:50 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

My car got to port in March, engine scheduled to arrive at port July 7th, should have my car first week in August. Just got off the phone with Andrea now.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by JCBH
Mike, my VIN is close to yours and I, too have not been called yet. Very frustrating - I guess our cars have to go to San Diego? Really lame. They should make this easy on us, not more difficult than it has to be.
Jeff. at least your car doesn't have too far to go. Was Ian or Andrea your contact? I wonder if Sam got proactive and called PCNA instead of waiting.....

Ahhh...just saw Sam's reply above. He did call. Thanks, Sam.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

BTW, was thee any discussion regarding the compensation issue? Any changes, he asked hopefully....?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
My car got to port in March, engine scheduled to arrive at port July 7th, should have my car first week in August. Just got off the phone with Andrea now.
What was your production date?

If I didn't know better it appears Porsche is using boats to get the engines here.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Jeff. at least your car doesn't have too far to go. Was Ian or Andrea your contact? I wonder if Sam got proactive and called PCNA instead of waiting.....

Ahhh...just saw Sam's reply above. He did call. Thanks, Sam.
Andrea is my contact but it has been crickets...waiting for info. I emailed her again this morning but no word back yet. My guess is later today I should hear something.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:06 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

BTW, was thee any discussion regarding the compensation issue? Any changes, he asked hopefully....?
Didn't ask, was too focused getting the info correct.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
--I don't understand your message. So did she give you your date for the Swap, or tell you when they will call you with the official date?? I heard they are suppose to be doing it now, and should only take a couple of days to notify everyone. wtf.. LOL..
This is what she told me:

My pick up time (from the dealership, car has to go back there) is between June 9 and 15, then it'll ship to wherever.
It will take 3-4 weeks to get the engine swapped and returned.
My expected delivery of completed vehicle (from the dealer again) is between July 7 and 13
She will call back in 1-2 days with exact pickup from home to delaer.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:21 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

This is what she told me:

My pick up time (from the dealership, car has to go back there) is between June 9 and 15, then it'll ship to wherever.
It will take 3-4 weeks to get the engine swapped and returned.
My expected delivery of completed vehicle (from the dealer again) is between July 7 and 13
She will call back in 1-2 days with exact pickup from home to delaer.
Excellent. Thx for the details!!

-- So it sounds like they are not doing it at the dealer. ("Ship to wherever"). Interesting. Who knows. Maybe small vs. big dealers, they told me the dealer, but probably keels changing.. I hope I find out my dates today.

thankyou sam.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:36 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Apparently all engine swaps will happen at the PORT not at the Dealer
Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Excellent. Thx for the details!!

-- So it sounds like they are not doing it at the dealer. ("Ship to wherever"). Interesting. Who knows. Maybe small vs. big dealers, they told me the dealer, but probably keels changing.. I hope I find out my dates today.

thankyou sam.
Originally Posted by MJones
Apparently all engine swaps will happen at the PORT not at the Dealer
None will be replaced at dealerships. Some at ports and some in Atlanta.

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates