Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3's at Parade in Monterey?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 991 GT3's at Parade in Monterey?

My GT3 is registered for the 2014 Parade Autocross and the TSD Rally. Don't know if it will be running by then. If not we will be driving the loaner. Is anyone else going to Parade this year? Members of the Porsche family usually attend. Maybe we should get together with them and discuss the situation.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

We have other stuff going on later in the week so I'm not registered, but we're coming down at least to see the Concours on Monday. I figured I'd have my car back by then but now I'm not so sure....
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

A delegation of owners to meet the Porsche delegation would be interesting.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I hope to hell this is resolved by then....
Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I hope to hell this is resolved by then....
If not, a 991 GT3 specific corral filled with C2 & Cayman loaners would be kinda funny. Maybe even put the GT3 option sticker in the passenger window for added effect/embarrassment?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

I'm thinking about getting some of those vinyl flame stickers for the Concours.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

It's only a suggestion that you not drive the car.
What better place to be if there is an issue - surrounded by helpful Porsche people.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 279 Posts

Post wrong location - deleted
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Mike in CA: I will be wearing a GT3 lanyard and a Porsche logo cap with flames on the sides at the concours. Say Hi & I'll buy you a beer.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
Mike in CA: I will be wearing a GT3 lanyard and a Porsche logo cap with flames on the sides at the concours. Say Hi & I'll buy you a beer.
Ralleyporsche, I'll look for you. I'll probably be wearing my trusty blue Racers Group hat. Make that 2 beers and we can each buy a round.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

I will be sending out an email to every PCNA and PAG address I can find telling them that more than one angry 2014 GT3 buyer will be seeking out all of the Porsche family members and PAG execs they can find at Parade to let them know what a debacle this has been.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
I will be sending out an email to every PCNA and PAG address I can find telling them that more than one angry 2014 GT3 buyer will be seeking out all of the Porsche family members and PAG execs they can find at Parade to let them know what a debacle this has been.
Rallye: I don't think this campaign of yours is either wise or effective. And it could cost you heavily in the short & long run! The words 'angry buyer' mated to 'seeking out all of the Porsche family members and PAG execs' at an actual public event like the PCA Parade sounds like you are making an actual physical threat! In our security-conscious & legal environment, you are setting yourself up for 'trouble'. This behavior is not what Porsche wants or expects from a customer. They could take your allocation away or refuse to sell you the car. And this is certainly not the type of behavior, especially someone angrily confronting a Porsche family member or PAG guest from Germany, that PCA will tolerate at its Parade! Trust me on this. You are skating on very thin ice...so caveat lector!

One of the great benefits of the long, personal association between PCA and the Porsche family is the easy, informal access of PCA members to them when they attend the annual Parade! That should not, AND WILL NOT, be put in jeopardy because some disgruntled 991 gt3 owners or prospective owners, are dissatisfied with the delays of the 'stop sale'! Let's keep emotions in check and this 'bump-on-the-road' in perspective...please!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images     
Old 05-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said, Eduardo.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:55 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Rallye: I don't think this campaign of yours is either wise or effective. And it could cost you heavily in the short & long run! The words 'angry buyer' mated to 'seeking out all of the Porsche family members and PAG execs' at an actual public event like the PCA Parade sounds like you are making an actual physical threat! In our security-conscious & legal environment, you are setting yourself up for 'trouble'. This behavior is not what Porsche wants or expects from a customer. They could take your allocation away or refuse to sell you the car. And this is certainly not the type of behavior, especially someone angrily confronting a Porsche family member or PAG guest from Germany, that PCA will tolerate at its Parade! Trust me on this. You are skating on very thin ice...so caveat lector!

One of the great benefits of the long, personal association between PCA and the Porsche family is the easy, informal access of PCA members to them when they attend the annual Parade! That should not, AND WILL NOT, be put in jeopardy because some disgruntled 991 gt3 owners or prospective owners, are dissatisfied with the delays of the 'stop sale'! Let's keep emotions in check and this 'bump-on-the-road' in perspective...please!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
+1
Old 05-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Z356: How in the world do you get from "seeking" out to a physical threat? That is a false assumption.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3's at Parade in Monterey?