Sponsored by:

Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Interesting! What does the new car warranty say about parts that fail during racing or driving events?
The car is covered as long as an accelerated maintenance schedule for oil changes, CL bearing replacement. and various inspections are followed.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
Please see post #1108 in "engine swap" thread for a copy of the 1-year warranty extension. I note my dealer inserted the wrong initial effective date for this extension ... will have to get it changed.

Please note that "Warranty claims are not valid if the defect or damage is caused ... in motor sports competitions", i.e. track events, during this 1-year warranty extension.

Am relatively confident that the great majority of GT3 owners will not utilize the extra 50,000 miles now promised a few GT3 owners ... have yet to see anything in writing. What is of value to me is the extra 12 months, albeit more limited coverage than the original warranty ....
The motor sports limitation is at best very ambiguous. It excludes damage as a result of using the car for the purpose it was not intended and subjecting it to undue stress. I would argue that the GT3 is designed for the track and using it at the track is for the purpose it was intended. The on board computer can determine if the car was subject to undue stress beyond track usage. What that would be I am not certain. I suppose if the car was running hot with insufficient oil that would place undue stress. But if the car had passed inspection and was run normally at a track Porsche would be hard pressed to deny a warranty claim.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:07 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^good point ... "intended use" for GT3 owners is certainly track use for a large portion of this customer base ... would certainly try to get own dealer to cover part/parts failing during track use, during this additional 1-year warranty extension. The additionally purchased track insurance policy would then cover accident-related damage.

Quick Reply: Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers