Sponsored by:

Z/28 and GT3. Tell me why this is a bad idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tripleblack
See Car & Driver's Lightning Test Lap 2014.
"The Ferrari engineers suspected that the Camaro wore "funny" tires....getting the Z/28 to within a tenth if a second of the F12's lap time. The Ferrari guys probably didn't consider that at all funny."
Sorry, I can't help myself.

Ferrari ENGINEERS? Engineers at the test? Say it ain't so. They just toss the media the keys and say "Bring it back in one piece." like all the other manufacturers do, right?

They must be beside themselves trying to figure out which one of the 60 or so engineers misplaced the set of "funny" tires on truck number 2. Or was that car number 2. Wait, was that the F12 set up for the track, or the road course? Maybe it was the one with the 'enhanced' ECU - wait - that was on the F12 slated for the photo shoot that can't be photo'd next to a McLaren?

Someone get Luca di Montezemolo on the horn - fast! Heads are gonna roll.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:37 AM
tripleblack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MasterCard moments
Old 09-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I would sit in one first.. they seem to be large, heavy with very poor visibility... but the idea of American muscle is appealing. Have you seen the new Z06? Looks insane.
Heavy yes. Large? Just doesn't feel that way and ergonomics are surprisingly good. Seats, steering wheel, and shifter all well placed and feel great. I was impressed. The fact that it can turn an easy 2:08 at the Glen is even better.

Quick Reply: Z/28 and GT3. Tell me why this is a bad idea