Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:34 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This is what Porsche should be giving away to GT3 owners!

The good thing is that they seem sure the GT3's will be running in June.
I'd forgo compensation for this event or an event like it, just saying....1 day at nurburgring, 1 at Zuffenhausen and 1 at Leipizig and lets call it even...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:35 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Hey Mark, If you have financed the car PAG will cover your car payment. The only difference is the ~$100 a month for insurance and another $100 for registration. See post # 683 by Leilani from San Diego that wrote:
"All this compensation talk.....I just want to drive my car. I'm tired of driving the Cayenne around. At least they are paying my car payments until the new engine is put back in"
I understand, but what about if you financed the car yourself. You should be entitled to the same estimated payments everyone else is paying regardless if the money came from someone else bank or your own bank account. I suppose I can have my company issue me a monthly invoice for the payment. My own company paid for the car, so I can draw a lease contract with my own company. Very similar when you borrow money from your own 401K then have to pay it back to yourself (your account) with interest. I wonder if this will work. Mark
Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I believe GT models have a shorter corrosion apparently as they lack some of the undercoating to save weight, I presume very few of us drive this kind of car on salt? thats what my raptor is for
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Buy Back, there should be significant leverage if a Lemon Law suit is threatened. Dealers DO NOT want a car back that they have to disclose a Lemon Law Title. Resale will surely result in a significant price reduction. It will be on the title as long as the car is in use. Allan
Old 04-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Mark, does it say that in your GT3's warranty documents? I ask because if I recall correctly, Mike in CA posted in late December that the 991 GT3's have the same 12 year corrosion warranty that the rest of the 991's do.

By the way, the car I ordered has been sitting at the Port of Houston since February 11th, but my dealer has confirmed that it is being stored indoors.
Originally Posted by mqandil
I think Mike answered this question but GT3 specifically is listed to have only 4 years. Unfortunately my booklet is in the car at the dealership, otherwise I would have scanned the page for you. But unless it is a typo my understand they are only offering 4 years corrosion warranty. it will be interesting if someone inquire if the additional year warranty extends the corrosion warranty by one year. Mark
John, back in December I was going off the info on the website. Then I got my booklet and saw the different information. As we've now discussed, the GT3 is limited relative to the other 991 models. (I suspect this is an older post of yours).

Mark, since your booklet is unavailable I've taken the liberty of reproducing the page from the 2014 manual.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I realize this is going a bit off topic but why is GT3's corrosion warranty 1/3 that of the regular 911? Does corrosion protection add that much weight or is there another reason?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Compensation not taxed

As a follow-up to the question of taxation on the cash compensation from Porsche, I posed the question to Ian Moon at PCNA today. He asked the department that will handle the payments and was told that Porsche does NOT submit 1099s to the IRS for these payments.

The check will be disbursed after a settlement agreement and release are signed if past experience is any indication.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
As a follow-up to the question of taxation on the cash compensation from Porsche, I posed the question to Ian Moon at PCNA today. He asked the department that will handle the payments and was told that Porsche does NOT submit 1099s to the IRS for these payments. The check will be disbursed after a settlement agreement and release are signed if past experience is any indication.
Thanks for the follow up. So, at the least we now know that whatever compensation we receive will be a net amount.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

I understand, but what about if you financed the car yourself. You should be entitled to the same estimated payments everyone else is paying regardless if the money came from someone else bank or your own bank account.
Exactly. Someone who is leasing or making payments is reimbursed by Porsche for their financial loss PLUS they are offered $2K per/month for their trouble. OTOH, someone who has handed over the entire price of the car in cash to Porsche receives no compensation for the opportunity cost of THEIR money and is offered the same $2K per month. By any conceivable measurement, how is that fair?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:44 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Exactly. Someone who is leasing or making payments is reimbursed by Porsche for their financial loss PLUS they are offered $2K per/month for their trouble. OTOH, someone who has handed over the entire price of the car in cash to Porsche receives no compensation for the opportunity cost of THEIR money and is offered the same $2K per month. By any conceivable measurement, how is that fair?
It's shocking.

It's either that they did not think it through before making their statement (which I can't imagine...) OR that they are purposefully trying to incite anger.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Mike--btw, I think LateBrake911 in Chicago said that his payments were still being deducted, but I could be mistaken. I thought I read that in one of his posts earlier today.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
As a follow-up to the question of taxation on the cash compensation from Porsche, I posed the question to Ian Moon at PCNA today. He asked the department that will handle the payments and was told that Porsche does NOT submit 1099s to the IRS for these payments.

The check will be disbursed after a settlement agreement and release are signed if past experience is any indication.
Thanks for asking about this.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:37 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand, but what about if you financed the car yourself. You should be entitled to the same estimated payments everyone else is paying regardless if the money came from someone else bank or your own bank account. I suppose I can have my company issue me a monthly invoice for the payment. My own company paid for the car, so I can draw a lease contract with my own company. Very similar when you borrow money from your own 401K then have to pay it back to yourself (your account) with interest. I wonder if this will work. Mark
I agree Mark& Mike. I am not arguing that part of the equation. I think all owners should push to get these payments made by Porsche as long as we are in the No drive mode. I think Leilani did a good job by having Porsche pay her lease payments and you guys need to do the same. I would be on the phone everyday until that happens. What I try to communicate and I didn't do a good job at it was whatever figure they come up with should be universal for everyone . e.g $4K a month and of course other expenses for those who took delivery. Anything above and beyond the compensation figure is fair to ask by owners.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:39 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

John, back in December I was going off the info on the website. Then I got my booklet and saw the different information. As we've now discussed, the GT3 is limited relative to the other 991 models. (I suspect this is an older post of yours).

Mark, since your booklet is unavailable I've taken the liberty of reproducing the page from the 2014 manual.
Thanks, Mike and Mark.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Mercel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Form 1099? If true, you guys are off the hook. The manufacturer can treat this as a cash discount or rebate, neither of which are taxable. However, any amount received will reduce your basis. That's not generally a problem given it's a rare thing to sell a new car for more than what you paid for it.

Quick Reply: Compensation