Sponsored by:

Possiblities?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
You have to believe with all these new loaners being handed out this fiasco will be on going for some time. If I was a wagering man I would bet that Porsche knows the problem but there is an internal debate how best to address it. I am not optimistic the solution will be in the best interest of the customer.

The nice loaner cars are a cushion for the forthcoming bad news. At this point I have changed from being an optimist to being a pessimist. The delay in announcing the problem, fix and cavalierly handing out some of their best models as loaners is not a good sign.
Not going to challenge your POV any further, Nick, as you're obviously entitled to your feelings. But just for the sake of discussion, if Porsche were providing crap or no loaners would it be a more positive sign as to how they were handling things?

Nice loaners obviously aren't a solution, which is what we all want to hear about, but in the interim it seems like a show of good faith and concern for customers. More so, at least, than doing nothing or offering something sub-standard.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd argue they don't really have a choice from a pr perspective but to offer a loaner. I don't see it as anything extraordinary.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:17 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-- re-post from another thread-- but please advise if you can.. Now have 911 loaner on my brain for this weekend and I'm obsessing -- to help ease the pain..
--------------------------------------------

Ok. what is the number of PCNA, or PM me..

It seems like everyone is getting loaners except me.. Now you guys got me all excited about getting a 911. (I was feeling guilty asking for a loaner, but now remembering I did pay 150k for a car..and if others are getting them. Hmmm)

I bought car in CA, but i'm in Chicago now.. There are 3 dealers in the area What should I do? Call the service dept's and say.. Hey, I have a GT3 I bought in Cali, do you want to me my Service guys? -- and see who gives me the best Loaner [kidding].. LOL.. I think they would like the business as Porsche pays them for warranty work right?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
-- re-post from another thread-- but please advise if you can.. Now have 911 loaner on my brain for this weekend and I'm obsessing -- to help ease the pain.. -------------------------------------------- Ok. what is the number of PCNA, or PM me.. It seems like everyone is getting loaners except me.. Now you guys got me all excited about getting a 911. (I was feeling guilty asking for a loaner, but now remembering I did pay 150k for a car..and if others are getting them. Hmmm) I bought car in CA, but i'm in Chicago now.. There are 3 dealers in the area What should I do? Call the service dept's and say.. Hey, I have a GT3 I bought in Cali, do you want to me my Service guys? -- and see who gives me the best Loaner [kidding].. LOL.. I think they would like the business as Porsche pays them for warranty work right?
PM Sent.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I could still track a PanaV6..

There will be a lot of "demo's" on the market as soon as the GT3 is drivable again.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I'd argue they don't really have a choice from a pr perspective but to offer a loaner. I don't see it as anything extraordinary.
I agree they didn't have a choice, and I didn't say their actions were extraordinary. But some are taking it as a bad sign that they're offering quality loaners. My point was that it would be worse if they were offering crap or no loaners and that it was a show of good faith compared to doing nothing.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Mike, FWIW I have already read of a couple instances where guy's are receiving brand new 911's. You don't think that is unusual?

All the years I have been getting cars from Porsche for services often they had a rental agency like Enterprise within the dealership which Porsche paid for. On some occasions, I would be provided a Porsche.

That said, I do agree with you that I and maybe others tend to read too much into Porsche's actions and inaction.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Mike, FWIW I have already read of a couple instances where guy's are receiving brand new 911's. You don't think that is unusual?

All the years I have been getting cars from Porsche for services often they had a rental agency like Enterprise within the dealership which Porsche paid for. On some occasions, I would be provided a Porsche.

That said, I do agree with you that I and maybe others tend to read too much into Porsche's actions and inaction.
What the dealers give you can be so variable. Even within a dealership. When my partner goes in for service, they give him a panamera or boxster. When I go in to the same dealership, they give me a courtesy shuttle van drop off....
Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

It does seem generous and I guess we can read into that whatever we choose; either that Porsche (or the local dealer) is taking this very seriously in terms of keeping the customer happy or are trying to cushion the blow for a disastrous announcement. So are you a glass half full or half empty person?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Let me go one further-Would any reasonably intelligent human being really accept their new 150k GT3 have its factory engine pulled and a brand new one put in. i mean are people really serious?
No issue....component swap....uncouple...drop...swap...elevate...couple....

whether i could be considered intelligent......that's for others.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
People who haven't even paid for their car or taken delivery are getting free (high end) loaners?!
I got a call from my Sales Manager this afternoon. They're offering me a base 911 as a loaner. It will be a new one off the showroom floor since they don't have any 911s in the loaner fleet.

For those who have already received (paid for) their GT3s, I think this is a reasonable offer. For those like me, who's GT3 is sitting in a parking lot up at the port in Rhode Island, I'm thinking that Porsche is going out of their way to try and manage a PR fiasco.

I'm just wonder if I can autocross it when the season starts in April

Scott
Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scb997
I got a call from my Sales Manager this afternoon. They're offering me a base 911 as a loaner. It will be a new one off the showroom floor since they don't have any 911s in the loaner fleet.

For those who have already received (paid for) their GT3s, I think this is a reasonable offer. For those like me, who's GT3 is sitting in a parking lot up at the port in Rhode Island, I'm thinking that Porsche is going out of their way to try and manage a PR fiasco.

I'm just wonder if I can autocross it when the season starts in April

Scott
Wow.. thats great.. I have a GT3 paid for in the garage.. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get a 911s. -- Thx..
Old 03-01-2014, 11:59 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What IF Porsche is working with the lawyers on the buyback program rather than the FIX
Old 03-01-2014, 12:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

^^^EVERYONE GETS 10k OVER! HOORAYYYYYY!

*goes back into drunken sleepy stupor holding small model of gt3 in hand*
Old 03-01-2014, 12:19 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
What IF Porsche is working with the lawyers on the buyback program rather than the FIX
highly unlikely , was offered an April build from the NYC dealer,
we hear the 3 is still coming down the line @ the plant , there is no way
P is going to spend two+ years of R&D and then bail , I'll bet they had a quality control problem (could be conrod , braket bolts on oil cooler line)that were put into the cars and didn't meet original build specs
I think its more likely they are in the planning stages of a suit against that
supplier and as well as seeking a new one for those respective two components , and trying to determine the time line of the bad parts. I am hearing thru P dealers folks we will "kwon the next week or two" FWIW

Quick Reply: Possiblities?