Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:56 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
^^^ Sorry but this email is just BS on so many levels....
If it smells like BS, it is BS.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

There are only 5 cars affected in Australia so hopefully there won't be a long interval between finding the fix and getting it out to customers.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:03 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe what John wrote as well. One month delay is not like its end of the world guys. Sure is nice to have another sport car right now. I would not be driving a Boxster as a loaner though. Its fun seeing all these rumors and beats the hell out of watching TV. Hang in there guys. I will start bi%&ng tomorrow.

Last edited by silverrules; 02-28-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:06 AM
mikemiaos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems nobody here got recalled GT3 back. It's weird, my friend in LA got his 991 GT3 back after the inspection of the recall this Monday, the dealer said his car hasn't been affected...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
If it smells like BS, it is BS.
Oh come on now, its perfectly common event that folks buy a new car for 150k and get their camera out, and film crashing it , happens all the time right?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemiaos
It seems nobody here got recalled GT3 back. It's weird, my friend in LA got his 991 GT3 back after the inspection of the recall this Monday, the dealer said his car hasn't been affected...

It's not weird that we haven't got our cars back while Porsche can't tell us what's wrong with them. What's weird is that your friend got his back when no one else did. I'd love to see a vid of him driving it.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Different Recall.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike in CA:I kept my car in my garage. I was told the other four people that took delivery from the same dealer were getting new 911's also. No conditions.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

If its a month, there is no way in cold, vacant hell Im taking this car. If that really ends up being the case, Im going to have the dealership buy the car back from me and be done with Porsche for quite some time. To go from such a high place in my mind to such an unfathomable low is sincerely sad. Either way, SHAME on Porsche for not doing PR mitigation during this time. Someone sadly needs to be fired for letting any of this go on as long as they have without any sort of reaching out. I hope a release comes tomorrow...
Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Max RWS angle is 1.5 degrees. You think a malfunction in this hucked someone off the road? C'mon
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
Mike in CA:I kept my car in my garage. I was told the other four people that took delivery from the same dealer were getting new 911's also. No conditions.
Thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
If its a month, there is no way in cold, vacant hell Im taking this car. If that really ends up being the case, Im going to have the dealership buy the car back from me and be done with Porsche for quite some time. To go from such a high place in my mind to such an unfathomable low is sincerely sad. Either way, SHAME on Porsche for not doing PR mitigation during this time. Someone sadly needs to be fired for letting any of this go on as long as they have without any sort of reaching out. I hope a release comes tomorrow...
No offense, but there's a line of people willing to take your place. This isn't a bad Sony TV and now you're switching to Samsung. There is no substitute, and this car sells itself.

Just relax - good things come to people who wait.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:17 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
No offense, but there's a line of people willing to take your place. This isn't a bad Sony TV and now you're switching to Samsung. There is no substitute, and this car sells itself.

Just relax - good things come to people who wait.
That 'long line' ship has sailed as of a fortnight ago... Don't know that too many people are ready to blow US$150k on a car which has blistering performance yet can't be driven... This is lower than a recall, for f@#ks sake they are collecting them on tow trucks...

With a shift from it's grassroots (motorsport running gear and manual) this is the one car Porsche had to nail and get 100% right to prove to the hardcore enthusiasts and naysayers that it was the right direction to take! Newsflash: They failed dismally! Seriously, anyone believing that this fiasco hasn't done anything to dent Porsche's reputation is misguided to say the least...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^ I think you might be surprised Chris. The bulk of the GT3 buying public dont hang out here trawling threads. Infact I heard your official importer is begging the factory for a greater allocation for AU & NZ only this last week! Only 5 cars delivered to date. For a country of 30 million that's not a lot when you consider the UK has 100+ delivered. As they say any publicity is good publicity!

Everyone has blamed a part failure. What if it was a manufacturing process fault. Like for example a set of socket heads of slightly incorrect tolerance being used on the production line to tighten a bolt that holds a bracket? Lets assume the torx head was doing its job but was made of mild steel and had changed tolerance. How then would you know when the problem actually started? If the head on the bolt is rounded and it therefore was only partly seated you could have an issue with the oil tubes moving during travel and parting form their joints spewing oil returning to the crankcase form the auxiliary sump or oil cooler all over the hot header situated right next to it. Perhaps this is why Porsche are slow to respond. The issue is simple but identifying which vehicles are affected is not. All my own speculation of course!

Im not helping adding to the speculation. Lets wait for an official announcement. I think you will find only a batch of cars are affected and that its just been handled poorly rather than being as serious as plenty of plaudits on here that haven't even sat their *** in the seat of a 991 GT3 are making out. The guys suffering the most are those that have owned and driven them and now cannot. Make no mistake, when you've spent some time with this car you will want to drive it...alot!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Macca, yes the dealer did confirm just last week that to date they've only seen 5 cars in 4 months... Even with the 997.2 which saw only a very short 12 month production cycle here due to car tariff changes and a delay by PCA to import, they got 75+ cars... Naturally they'd be screaming for more because they even got more 4.0RSs then this... 5 allocations for 23 mill they could fill but 75+ for such a niche car with the current debacle at the $350k + price we pay? I'm not sure...

I was one of those naysayers that wanted to be proven wrong and to be shown that the doubts only existed in my head. When you take a loved product and turn it on it's head, it's got to be nailed 100%...They delivered 100% on performance, no doubts but on quality and reliability, not even close yet.... i'm not excited by this as a Porsche enthusiast, I'm saddened...

Furthermore, test drivers get paid decent $$$ to do all the testing on new products, why should we pay them to do the testing for them??? This is not excusable in my book... Jerked us guys around with centrelocks and now they're jerking you guys around...

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?