Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I wish I can be more optimistic but if our cars are affected it will be quite a while before we see them. I fear the worst.

Also, if it is the piston rod issue and they need to be replaced in PDI I am not sure I want the car. This is something I need to discuss with people who know engines. If they just replace the engine then that is probably something I can live with.

Too bad, it is a great car and exactly what I wanted.
Nick, I think our cars will not need major work done to them. I think the cars that had major issue are/were held up at Emden port. If our cars had the major issue it would have been held up at Emden. There was one other car that was to arrive in our dealership before mine and it sat at the port for a month since December and it just went back to the factory for the fix according to my SA. So you have to read in between the line to see whats going on.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike, if the bolts were the issue wouldn't Porsche have already told us? Seriously, they are taking a PR beating and you think they would not tell us if it was a simple fix?
Originally Posted by silverrules
I agree with Frayed. Tell us what's going on is the only thing we are asking. Some people put $10K deposits on this car. Sitting at PDI in germany is plain torture. Mike you got your car so it's easier for you to relax, all you have to do is go to garage and take a peak Nick, Our cars are on the boat so we are not effected yet. Just hang in there guys. Go play with your other toys and one of these days PAG will feel sorry for our behinds and will send an email to the dealers indicating parts are on the way, blah blah blah. everything else is speculation.
silverrules, what you say is completely true and I don't mean to minimize the frustration you and others must be feeling. All I'm saying is that it's not a reason to speculate on ever more calamitous scenarios for *why* there is a problem; it is what it is.

Nick, having worked for a large private corporation for many years, I'll just say that providing copious details to the public and customers isn't in most company's DNA. It's more like, "we have a problem, and we're working hard to restore service and minimize inconvenience". From a liability or other standpoint, maybe they just aren't ready to give specifics until they've dotted all the I's and crossed the T's.

I'm not defending the speed that they're working at this or the fact that they aren't talking much. But it's perfectly possible that even if it's just bolts and brackets in a new car, that it could take as long as it's taking.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Nick, I think our cars will not need major work done to them. I think the cars that had major issue are/were held up at Emden port. If our cars had the major issue it would have been held up at Emden. There was one other car that was to arrive in our dealership before mine and it sat at the port for a month since December and it just went back to the factory for the fix according to my SA. So you have to read in between the line to see whats going on.

Which is really weird considering this "issue" concerns newer builds supposedly. I'd be in the boat that had a car sitting at Emden for a month. Again, really confusing. If it was sent back to be fixed, that would be great...... but now that it's here, I just want it in my hands to enjoy it, problems or no problems.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Agree Mike, I have been working for a large corporation for 32 yrs and have gone through 2 of these recalls. The 1st thing that happens is the employees involved on the recall get a letter from the corporate attorney informing them that basically says everything you do will be monitored including your phone calls and email's and they are dead serious. You can't even trade company stock until notified otherwise. Meantime the task force works around the clock to come up with a game plan and fix the issue. This issue is probably all they work on right now. So I guess we just have to be patient.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 PM
jonsack
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My black GT3 arrived at the dealer today It was completed on Jan 16th. There is a stop sale order, with instructions not to drive it or start the PDI and the dealer has no more information or when it will be released. It was great to see it today. Now the wait continues!
Attached Images    
Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 PM
jonsack
Intermediate

Apologies for the up side down pics, not sure how that happened???
Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 PM
silverrules
Drifting

congratulation. My car finished assembly on Jan 17th so we must have been pretty close on the assembly line.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 PM
llstuey
Racer

Originally Posted by jonsack
My black GT3 arrived at the dealer today It was completed on Jan 16th. There is a stop sale order, with instructions not to drive it or start the PDI and the dealer has no more information or when it will be released. It was great to see it today. Now the wait continues!
Those are some dramatic markings! Hang in there - car looks great.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure hope that pen they used had a soft tip!

Hang in there--I'm sure it'll all be worked out soon enough.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:00 PM
hemeoncdoc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, guys according to Porsche AG I am apparently the one lucky owner of a 991 GT3 in all of North America that made it off the lot before the stop sale went through. I got a call Friday afternoon that was "no nonsense." He said not to start it, not to drive it, and they will come pick it up this week. As of further discussions today, PCNA has yet to get the official story re the problem and the fix. Fortunately mine did not self-immolate in the few hundred miles I drove it. By the way, the car is better in EVERY way than I could have imagined. Makes it all the more painful to park it until we know more. It is a beautiful thing to look at, though a very expensive garage ornament right now
Old 02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by jonsack
I think I know what's wrong with it - Porsche assembled it upside down LOL. Good luck with the wait. I hope it's nothing serious. Having driven the car, I know I would have taken the delivery no matter what, even if they had to take the engine apart to fix it - it's that good.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:27 PM
silverrules
Drifting

hmmm, Why can't you keep the car at your house and ask them to call you when they have all the parts? That's what I would request rather than having your car in service department.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 PM
hemeoncdoc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, Why can't you keep the car at your house and ask them to call you when they have all the parts? That's what I would request rather than having your car in service department.
Exactly what I did! Noone coming for it now until they can do sth about whatever it is. Maybe I should go get a couple of good bolts... just kidding.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Good for you Meantime you can work on getting it ready with radar detectors, bra's, tinting, etc, etc..
Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

PAG's silence on this is obviously hurting them -- and the longer the silence, the bigger the PR damage it will produce -- but if they chose it, they must have concluded that speaking out would hurt them even more.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?