Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsatisfactory Purchase - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

If you are truly unhappy sell the car and buy something else. It's a toy. Why have a toy you are not pleased with? My dealer caught the BT option and added it, but I would not have blamed him for not ordering it. I speced the car. If I order a car and it comes it wrong I have three choices, take it as is, order another one or forget it.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

I think the problem is that it was ordered wrong and the luxury of refusing it seems weak when operator error or operator oversight caused the ordering error.
I can not imagine going back to my dealer and ask them to give me a new allocation because I didn't confirm if I had a regular or extended range fuel tank etc after I approved the build sheet. Or fill in the blank for any other option. That just seems improper.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think everyone is forgetting just how unclear the BT option was with Porsche. They cleaned it up now. Unless I had seen Mikes thread on the issue, myself and many others would be in the same boat. It was very easy to assume BT was included when the website showed the capability with PCM, while leaving out the little detail that the free option phone prep was required to make it work.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I think everyone is forgetting just how unclear the BT option was with Porsche. They cleaned it up now. Unless I had seen Mikes thread on the issue, myself and many others would be in the same boat. It was very easy to assume BT was included when the website showed the capability with PCM, while leaving out the little detail that the free option phone prep was required to make it work.
I saw "mobile phone prep" as a free option. I ordered it because it was free and sounded interesting. Maybe I'm being overly simplistic, but if it's a free option, what's the risk? Who would look at it and say "that free option is not something I want."
Old 02-10-2014, 02:17 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I saw "mobile phone prep" as a free option. I ordered it because it was free and sounded interesting. Maybe I'm being overly simplistic, but if it's a free option, what's the risk? Who would look at it and say "that free option is not something I want."
Same with smoker's pkg and net in footwell.

Hey! I see you are in Roswell! I am in East Cobb right on the edge of Roswell. Any chance we could grab a cofee so that I can check out your GT3 (and perhaps if you're feeling generous, take me for a quick spin)? I have the world's toughest dilemma-lol!

My TTS arrives at the end of April and my GT3 is set for June. I LOVE the TTS (owned the TT for 6 days before trading for the TTS order) and I am trying to decide if I want to keep my GT3 build at all. If I do I need to decide pretty quickly so I can start working on the wife to give up the M6 for an add'l parking spot in the garage-lol! (I guess I could start shopping for a lift!)

-Mike
Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Same with smoker's pkg and net in footwell.

Hey! I see you are in Roswell! I am in East Cobb right on the edge of Roswell. Any chance we could grab a cofee so that I can check out your GT3 (and perhaps if you're feeling generous, take me for a quick spin)? I have the world's toughest dilemma-lol!

My TTS arrives at the end of April and my GT3 is set for June. I LOVE the TTS (owned the TT for 6 days before trading for the TTS order) and I am trying to decide if I want to keep my GT3 build at all. If I do I need to decide pretty quickly so I can start working on the wife to give up the M6 for an add'l parking spot in the garage-lol! (I guess I could start shopping for a lift!)

-Mike
Hey Mike -
I saw your White TT at Hennessy - wondered who was the crazy person who traded it in after 400 miles. Now I know!

My GT3 is not here yet. It will be here in early April. Build date is 4 weeks away. I have the same issue with the garage - and fortunately have a terribly understanding Misses. I'd be happy to show it to you as soon as it gets here. There are only 2 or 3 in Atlanta right now as far as I know. There are 3 at the port in Brunswick bound for Hennessy. And then I believe mine is next.

I drove a TTS. Scared the crap out of me. What a rocket! Only thing that let me down was the engine noise and that's top 2 or so on my list of criteria.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:58 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Hey Mike -
I saw your White TT at Hennessy - wondered who was the crazy person who traded it in after 400 miles. Now I know!

My GT3 is not here yet. It will be here in early April. Build date is 4 weeks away. I have the same issue with the garage - and fortunately have a terribly understanding Misses. I'd be happy to show it to you as soon as it gets here. There are only 2 or 3 in Atlanta right now as far as I know. There are 3 at the port in Brunswick bound for Hennessy. And then I believe mine is next.

I drove a TTS. Scared the crap out of me. What a rocket! Only thing that let me down was the engine noise and that's top 2 or so on my list of criteria.
Lol! Yep. That's me. Except that I traded it at 300. They must have had a little fun. That's cool on the timing. My build prob starts in late April to early May. My TTS won't get here until late April so will be a good time to compare. My wife is very understanding too. She understands that if she wants to drive cool cars then she better not get in the way-hahahaha! (totally kidding-she is a car nut too :-) I was joking about a "lift" for the garage and she sort of said "ok". Always surprises me. Too bad it was followed by "then I can drive the TTS". She actually was the one who warned me about buying my C2S and the TT. With the C2S she says "it won't be fast enough for you". With the TT she says "it won't have an S on the back and you will trade it no matter how nice it is. I can buy you a little "S" but you'll still trade"-6 days later and it's right back at Hennessy. Hate it when she is right. Unfortunately, it is quite a regular occurrence.

Yeah, the sound is a biggie for me too but I was pleasantly surprised by the TT and the TTS is a tiny bit louder so I am in the range of acceptable. I am very scared to listen to the GT3 because I know how insane it will be and it can easily cause me to have both-lol!

Hit me up when you get the car. Will be fun to grab a cup of coffee and check them both out. Are you ever at C&O? I go somewhat frequently and meet a few friends.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mshahidz
I would have normally agreed with people saying "BT isn't standard". My issue was that I ordered the 3000 dollar PCM option with I assumed included BT, and it was also discussed with the SA when ordering. My fault, never assume!
A $3000 dollar PCM option!? What option is that? I'm the last person to defend a dealer, but it sounds like you just failed to spec these items on your build sheet....
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

?

The PCM is "free" on the GT3, as long as you opt for the $700 Sound Package Plus...
Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

0Q991, I could be wrong but PCM is free in US but some other countries it cost you dearly to add the PCM just ask Macca but not sure if you want to remind him
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah. Correct, @silverrules. Good catch.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:37 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
0Q991, I could be wrong but PCM is free in US but some other countries it cost you dearly to add the PCM just ask Macca but not sure if you want to remind him
Up here in Canada the PCM is a free option as well.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:40 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
Up here in Canada the PCM is a free option as well.

Sorry I misspoke, not sure what I was thinking there.

I never said I wanted a new allocation. I also said I am OK with my 50/50 solution, i was disappointed with the blame-game that the dealer played. I can't go into specifics as to what they said, but they claimed they offered us bluetooth when they DID NOT. They claimed that they knew of this LACK OF BT when they spent 30 minutes trying to connect it to the car, with all the techs trying to help out.
The dealer was simply misinformed, and refused to admit that. Regardless, 50/50 split of the cost I accepted gladly.

The only REAL issue I have at this point is the 90L tank.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Originally Posted by ColdList
1, Frankly, consumer responsibility here. You are ordering a custom car. Research and know your options and availability of such when you order. Ask advice of the dealer when you don't. Then double check the dealer's advice.

2. An oversight. Happens. "Totally unacceptable" would be if the dealer refused to correct it. Being a "pissy" consumer is silly. (not trying to be insulting with this comment-can't think of a better word.) Being pissed off doesn't really make sense in terms of an expectation unless you had an agreement of expectations from your salesperson. I can prob. assume that you already know that salespeople in general typically "sell" and "close" rather than "educate". Unless you said "I want you to explain all of the options and fully educate me" then nothing was done wrong. As consumers we tend to set higher expectations and they are not always valid. While this stinks, it is the nature of sales and if it doesn't sit well then you always have the option of exploring a different dealer on the next go-round. In simpler terms-we should be used to car salespeople, with few exceptions, to be less than knowledgeable. I think diligence and triple checking is even more likely in order on a specialty car where many things considered standard on other cars (even other Porsche models) are purposefully stripped in the spirit of the car's common specialty use.

3. Complete b.s. An ordered option is an ordered option regardless of whether it is "zero cost" or not. Go for dealer retrofit or re-order car (enjoy the wait however). You have every right to be delivered the vehicle that was spec'd providing you have the specs in writing.

Take the emotion out of it and let go of the tiny oversights. Focus on the true screw-ups that need correction. Dealers make errors a LOT. To expect that because it is Porsche that it will be perfect or even better is naive. My first experience with Porsche was the worst car buying experience of my life bar none. Fortunately my second and my third in progress have been nothing but stellar. Depends on the salesperson and manager-not the brand. A level head will get these problems remedied. Sometimes you can make this the "fun" of getting your car perfected the way you want it.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the input.

I guess everyone took my comments the wrong way, and I did not explain myself properly.

Main issue:
-dealer was under impression car had bluetooth
-had us bring it in to fix it
-realized it did not have it and turned the tables on us
-they claimed that "lots of people are ordering them without BT to save weight"
-they told me the part was 1750, and the "express fee" was 450 to have it shipped for delivery within 1 week
-I refused to pay that express fee, they ended up having it installed 3-4 days later.

It just felt like they were insulting my intelligence with the most ridiculous excuses, which only increased with the 90L tank problem.

All in all, I have given up on the issue. I am just going to enjoy the car. Never going to deal with this dealer again, lesson learned. Going to order our Macan from a dealer out of town.

As a first time customer, I did not expect these issues. I have purchased numerous cars over the years, never were there mistakes and misinformation of this magnitude.

Time to move on.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

And I missed the 18 way seats.. 'You mean I have to manually adj the seat forward in a 150k car' .. Dang.. I'll get it next time.. For the performance you get for this price. Who cares..

Quick Reply: Unsatisfactory Purchase - Opinions?