<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
180k, stripper with CA tax 210k
500hp
signal orange

where do i sign?
Signal orange? You mean blood orange? (Or do you have new info on colour choices?!)

Sign me up too! (although realistically I have a snowball's chance in hell on an allocation)
Old 10-19-2014, 03:08 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

my bad, blood orange
Old 10-19-2014, 03:51 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks TurboBoostin for posting those photos! You rock!

I looked at the images you posted, and here are some of my observations.

There seem to be at least 3 RS mules around: one with LEDs (and clear side indicators) out in the countryside, and the two in the city, including one with black PDLS and one with ?regular PDLS (both with amber indicators).

I agree with Nizer's observation that the cars probably are wrapped. Interesting that the "blutorange" one also has a matching orange CS package and orange alcantara seat inserts! (photo 1, I've increased the saturation and exposure to show this better)

We also get a better look at the interior and the CF on the lightweight sport buckets. (photo 2) Looks almost identical to the CF in the 918--so maybe not a match to the GT3 CF weave?? Anyone with a better eye and/or CF on their car care to comment? Sidebar: I think it's interesting that they put a mix and match of "US" seats (at least as far as the GT3 goes) with "ROW" CS packages, and so I wonder if ROW will get these new buckets too then (since US probably won't get CS).

Looks like the steering wheel remains the same as the GT3. Not the 918/Macan version. And so far on these models, no center marker (12 o'clock) stripe either, which was available on past RS models.

Finally, we also get to see the centre console and buttons. And based on which buttons are "active" with silver trim below (vs place holders), there seem to be 6 buttons. So maybe same standard 5 as GT3 (Sport/Race, PASM, ESC, ESC+TC, PSE) plus lift on this model? Too blurry to tell for sure. Weird however that the set up of where they are seems different on this RS. (photo 3, and photo 4 from a GT3 for comparison where lift us missing but tends to occupy the right 2nd from top spot) Maybe they moved the PASM button? So far, I've personally never seen the bottom right button used for anything, including on other 911 models (any comments?)--probably the positions are all interchangeable, but still it's a little odd. Not sure if there is any significance to this, or if it will show up in production like this.

And great to finally hear confirmation on the engine from Macca--thanks! To just eclipse the RS 4.0 is making a bit of a statement for sure. I'm really curious about the performance now. Should give the 458Sp a real run for its money!

This is getting exciting!
Good eye!can't wait to see the press release,but i think to go blood orange!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:13 AM
A430v
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
carefully crafted "leaks"
Very carefully crafted - especially I'm sure PCNA/PAG knew information would be leaked right after the dealer meeting held in Vegas.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Apparently at the dealer meeting today, my salesman was told the GT3 RS would be about 500hp, PDK only, magnesium roof, lightweight brakes (not sure what that means) and with a base price of "about" $180k. I guess we will know for sure soon.
The other thing I've been told is no RWS and the PASM is reworked. I'm assuming the lightweight brakes is referring to the friction rings made of cast iron + aluminium pots? Same as the GT3 but the marketing department seems to like to keep selling it...
Old 10-19-2014, 09:41 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would it not have RWS? Thats what makes the GT3 rear engined machine handle so much better?
I think they will keep NA for as long as possible then add KERS/battery pack as needed for more power and torque--especially since they are lightening it up.

As far as the GT2, I think if it is made it will use the same body/general configuration as the RS which would seem perfect for turbos. Just my guess.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:25 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

I Wonder if the new Cayman GT4 will also be introduced in LA.
If lighter with same brakes, manual, 5 lug wheels and NA it's going to be a tough call.

Sometimes less is more.

Down payment?
http://www.rsamerica.net/market/vehicles/index.htm

Every time I love a car, the market makes me sell...
I need a vastly depreciating Porsche I love, maybe flappy paddles will do the trick...
Old 10-19-2014, 10:39 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I Wonder if the new Cayman GT4 will also be introduced in LA.
If lighter with same brakes, manual, 5 lug wheels and NA it's going to be a tough call.

Sometimes less is more.

Down payment?
http://www.rsamerica.net/market/vehicles/index.htm

Every time I love a car, the market makes me sell...
I need a vastly depreciating Porsche I love, maybe flappy paddles will do the trick...
2012 Cayman R with 3.8L.....
Old 10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

How do I upload the YouTube vid of the RS? I put it on YouTube how do I link it?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:50 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

So basically we know that the lauch color will be Blood Orange which will be hard not to want given that launch colors typically are the best.
I like the sneek peak of the door on the san fran test mule. Looks orange to me. (I figured Trakcar was onto something when he mentioned blood orange long ago)

I love the wing. It is all business.

510hp rumor is very tasty.

Still not 100% on RWS as the durabilty on the track with semi slick tires makes me wonder.... Limp mode would suck as well as any electronic gremlins from using Cup size wheels and tires too....

All things considered, for $200k, you could throw $20-30k at the car (CS Cage, track wheels, suspension bits) and partially strip it to be an interesting coffee rod and track day car.

It would be used 991 Cup money but still street legal and most likely PCA legal if you really wanted to go door to door for ****s and giggles.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:50 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Melissa at Exclusive said they are planning to offer the 12oclock ring but it was not available before my order locked. I wanted yellow naturally. Certain it will be available for the RS. 180K was going to be the price from the get go, not sure how the rumors got going on that. That's plenty more than the GT3 as it is. I think the real question is going to be supply. I think the car will exceed the 4.0 in all parameters and prices for the 991 RS will end up like the 4.0 are now. Don't pass up this car if you can get it.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
2012 Cayman R with 3.8L.....
I only fit in the new model.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amused that they tape over the GT3RS on the headrests.....not quite achieving the camouflage desired now....is it.

Now just to actually get a build slot....

Will be quite the tool. One must have one in the shed.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I Wonder if the new Cayman GT4 will also be introduced in LA. If lighter with same brakes, manual, 5 lug wheels and NA it's going to be a tough call. Sometimes less is more. Down payment? http://www.rsamerica.net/market/vehicles/index.htm Every time I love a car, the market makes me sell... I need a vastly depreciating Porsche I love, maybe flappy paddles will do the trick...
lol
You're cracking me up

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread