Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar detector install (V1) in 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 06:58 AM
dwe8922
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the write up. I plan to hardwire my touring. I'm currently using the blendmount with cigarrette lighter cord.

This was my first blendmount. I like it for being a solid mount. I've had the V1 suction cups fail with the unit falling and scratching something, but that is less likely if the power wire goes over the rearview mirror. I bought a blend mount for my gt350, but returned it as it made it sit too low. I'm thinking of going back to windshield mount on the touring. I like it being a little more out of the field of view, and I don't know if this has helped, but I usually remove the V1 when I've been pulled over so not to irritate the officer with a detector. Hard to hide it with a blend mount. I don't know if that helps, but it seems to...

On the V1, I have several; old and the new version. The new one seems better with false alarms than the old. I like the **** better, but I'm getting to like the newer one better. I don't know if its worth upgrading to the new version with my older ones? I did some reading, and it seems there is a lot newer tech, but the V1's have always workded for me and been reliable over the years, so I stayed V1 with my last 2 detectors bought.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:31 PM
19-kilo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don’t bother with mirror tap. Just fuse box, it’s easier.

This thread is old but good. I made the mistake on my 991.2 trying a mirror tap. Total pain. And it turns out if you don’t have self dimming mirrors, then there isn’t the wiring harness you need to get switched power.

Do yourself a favor and follow Matt’s instruction from OG.

buy this for $15.
Aienxn Radar Detector Hardwire Kit,Direct Wire Wiring kit,Radar Detector Quick Connection Plug and Play Power Cord Cable,with RJ-11 Telephone Style Jack Radar Detector (13FT) Q-014

Aienxn Radar Detector Hardwire...
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Radar detector install (V1) in 991 GT3