Sponsored by:

Kills Bugs Fast

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:29 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
The LED option cost was for me was ~$500. It seems you did this for less. If true then we should let others know to save them $$. Too late for me
No, you still need the Light Design Package - those are all LEDs...just the doors (bottom lights) and glove box light were not LED...changed those bulbs for like $85 or so...now all LED.
Jeff
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Is this led package INSTEAD of the ambient light package offered by Porsche for the gt3, or does it just upgrade those lights to led bulbs?
No - you still need that package - the Suncoast package came with the housings for the glove box and two doors, with integrated LED bulbs. Much better. It is in addition to what comes from the factory. No idea why they don't just make it all LED from the factory...so dumb.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:56 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
No - you still need that package - the Suncoast package came with the housings for the glove box and two doors, with integrated LED bulbs. Much better. It is in addition to what comes from the factory. No idea why they don't just make it all LED from the factory...so dumb.
Unbelievable. OK thx JC.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How's the tile in the garage? Use a jack? Durable? My garages are carpeted which makes my cars feel more cozy. But, sucks for working on them....
Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Road Racin
How's the tile in the garage? Use a jack? Durable? My garages are carpeted which makes my cars feel more cozy. But, sucks for working on them....
The tile is great - easy to keep clean and a pleasure to look at. I don't use any tools in there...I leave that for the professionals!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Little update - was told to bring my car in for the WD69 recall and they ordered the part(s), brought it in today first thing, picked it up this afternoon, and was told my car checked out and did not in fact need the part. Odd. Guess that is good news, but strange, and tuned out to be a waste of time. Anyway, thought I would update you guys with early cars.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:31 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update. How's the car been so far? And comments / comparisons to your other or previous cars?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks for the update. How's the car been so far? And comments / comparisons to your other or previous cars?
Most fun car I have had. Also gets a ton of attention. Had it washed (hand) on Saturday after a spirited run and everyone comes up and asks about it, takes photos, it is pretty unique. I love this car more than many much more expensive cars. It just keeps getting better and better. The handling, the transmission, the overall feel of the car is just superior to so many other cars I have driven. Much more pure, more raw. I have spent a lot of time with the 4.0 (friend had one) and I probably put 400 miles on it over a few months. This feels very similar to me (aside from the transmission) but is just so much more usable to me. I can drive this car and not get fatigued (in traffic) and I just find it to be a more dual-purpose car. I just sold my 991 Carrera S cab (which now feels soooo soft to me) and I don't miss it a bit. I drive my M6 Gran Coupe mostly during the day, or our Cayenne Turbo, and this car is a great alternative for any driving.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Nice--sounds like a pretty thorough endorsement.

Counting down the weeks now...
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

What part of So-Cal are you in? We have been meeting up on weekends to do some fun runs around the canyons and roads around LA. Really fun.
When you get your car, you are welcome to join. I have about 935 miles so far, and piling them on is super easy. Getting through the break-in, for sure.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Got this new accessory - new alcantara armrest with PORSCHE script. It is now a factory option, but was not when I ordered my car. Got it from Suncoast. I like it (but not too easy to see in this first photo, better in second pic but great in person).
Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice and perfectly subtle. Just like how you accidentally "dropped" your painted keys right beside it! BTW, is the keychain alcantara? Is that unique to the GT3 (aren't these key pouches usually leather)?
Old 08-23-2014, 12:44 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Got this new accessory - new alcantara armrest with PORSCHE script. It is now a factory option, but was not when I ordered my car. Got it from Suncoast. I like it (but not too easy to see in this first photo, better in second pic but great in person).
JCBH - As always, subtle and tasteful detailed additions!

And yes, all--that's an Alcantara with red stitch key holder.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:21 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
Nice and perfectly subtle. Just like how you accidentally "dropped" your painted keys right beside it! BTW, is the keychain alcantara? Is that unique to the GT3 (aren't these key pouches usually leather)?
Yes, I did accidentally drop them there, as I do from time to time. The key fob is an accessory from Suncoast, as well - comes in alcantara with red or silver stitching, or plain. Very cool item.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, I did accidentally drop them there, as I do from time to time. The key fob is an accessory from Suncoast, as well - comes in alcantara with red or silver stitching, or plain. Very cool item.
I love how the key and alcantara keychain are a mini-me version of your car! Awesome reminder of what's in store when you grab your keys on the way out.

Quick Reply: Kills Bugs Fast