Paint to Sample choice for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Most popular blue ??
That's very nice. It almost makes me consider spending an extra $5500 and waiting 6 more months, or whatever it is.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
That's very nice. It almost makes me consider spending an extra $5500 and waiting 6 more months, or whatever it is.
Well I did exactly that, surrendered my #1 spot which was a December build to do PTS.
My new as yet to be 100% confirm build date is March 2014..

Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Well I did exactly that, surrendered my #1 spot which was a December build to do PTS.

Very cool. At one point I considered giving up my #1 spot to wait for sport buckets but given all of the waiters at my dealer, my SA was concerned I might lose the opportunity for a car. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:44 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Fashion Grey...
Wow, that looks awfully close to the gray on the Sport Classic. Any more pics of that color?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrJay
Wow, that looks awfully close to the gray on the Sport Classic. Any more pics of that color?
They do look close but I believe that fashion grey has more beige under tones and sports classic more blue under tones...
Old 11-13-2013, 11:54 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Great thread. Very curious to see what colors the RS will come in. Would love to see this car in voodoo, blood orange or signal yellow.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations mate. I tried to do just that myself 2 weeks ago (PTS Mexico Blue 336), but was strongly recommended not to change my order or loose my week 47 (next week) build slot. They refused to even give me allocation for next year (remember Im RHD car and these are made in much much lower numbers than LHD and are apparently heavily over subscribed). Otherwise I would have happily done this if I could have been given confidence of a slot.

If you dont mind waiting I think it will definitely be wort it (although I found the cost to be over the top for a colour they had already signed off - its more a "non standard" colour than a true colour to sample job IMO).

I may have missed it but what colour did you choose?

Again very well done!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:58 AM
911khc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really need to stop reading all these posts

After much debate I thought I had finally made up my mind to "settle" for Guards Red.... but then I see a bunch of pictures of a gorgeous RS in Grey Black and now I'm seriously tempted to go the PTS route with this color. I'm far enough down the list for my GT3 that i still have time to add PTS.

Of course picking a PTS color based on pictures only is more than a bit risky, have any of you seen this color on a 997 GT3 or GT3RS? Does it look as good (or better) than the pictures?
Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2013, 03:16 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

They do look close but I believe that fashion grey has more beige under tones and sports classic more blue under tones...
Hmmm. I like it. Other than going to wherever that car is, is there a way to see Fashion Grey in person?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Only thing I can say is you must remember its a "flat" colour (i.e. no metallic)/ It can look dull if not enough light to reflect off of it or its dirty. Its hard unless you see it in real life. I think however with PTS you always take these chances which is why most choose colours they have seen before (Mexico & Riviera blue are examples).
Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My spot is confirmed as the first 2015 GT3 with my dealership and if I can't have RS Orange PTS, I'm going Signal Yellow PTS (unless it is standard for 2015 models) all the way!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:25 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Temper your expectations of getting PTS. From what I've read, Porsche does not do PTS every month. They didn't allow any PTS from Jan 2013 through August 2013. And during months when PTS is allowed, they have a limited number of slots.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Congratulations mate. I tried to do just that myself 2 weeks ago (PTS Mexico Blue 336), but was strongly recommended not to change my order or loose my week 47 (next week) build slot. They refused to even give me allocation for next year (remember Im RHD car and these are made in much much lower numbers than LHD and are apparently heavily over subscribed). Otherwise I would have happily done this if I could have been given confidence of a slot.

If you dont mind waiting I think it will definitely be wort it (although I found the cost to be over the top for a colour they had already signed off - its more a "non standard" colour than a true colour to sample job IMO).

I may have missed it but what colour did you choose?

Again very well done!!!
Thanks Macca. As much as I like the blues (my vintage 911 is Pastel Blue and my Radical is another shade of Blue), I am leaning towards Fashion Grey...It is a colour that is understated (much like myself), and changes it's appearance depending on lighting. Stone Gray is another one I like too, very similar to Fashion Grey but with green under tones. Both are old 356 colours...

Old 11-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrJay
Hmmm. I like it. Other than going to wherever that car is, is there a way to see Fashion Grey in person?
The pictures I posted of Fashion Grey is of a 991 in Texas. I myself have not seen this colour in person but may have a paint shop do up a fender for me before making a final decision...

Old 11-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Temper your expectations of getting PTS. From what I've read, Porsche does not do PTS every month. They didn't allow any PTS from Jan 2013 through August 2013. And during months when PTS is allowed, they have a limited number of slots.

Porsche is aware of my PTS request and have assigned me a March 2014 built slot. Just waiting for PAG to grant final/official approval and confirmation of build dates...

Quick Reply: Paint to Sample choice for GT3