Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump on the bandwagon or wait for the RS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That video on the millionaire boy racers is nuts. Didn't watch the whole thing, but hope they don't start shipping their junk to Austin. Of course they risk getting shot here for their jackassery.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM
ayousef
Advanced

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think a cage is really only safe with a harness (and preferably a helmet too).
Ill double check cause if this is true, I just saved myself a few pounds of dead weight.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
ummm and why does that bother you? What does being Arab have to do with any of this? What if I was Asian or African? What does coming from a wealthy family have anything to do with it either. Im simply trying to understand your concern here. So much hate in this thread I even had a few members send me messages telling me not to worry about all the hate going on in this thread.
No hate intended, it's just that your background and values likely put you well out of sync with most members of this forum, so you're unlikely to get suitable advice here, as evidenced by the semi-hostility you've already experienced. Heck, we even get heated debating among ourselves, and often over little things!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:55 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here get this:

Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 PM
frayed
Race Car

that thing has plenty of juice
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Yep - money no object - fun to drive - get that!!!! It will warm you up for your 918 spyder and/or La Ferrari.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
1198r
Pro

Congrats on getting a new GT3.

Sorry to read about the drag strip accident. You should however, certainly re-consider your thoughts on tracking. I am sure you know that the autodrome and Yas Marina are mighty fine tracks and to own such a fantastic car and not track it would be a great shame. I obviously don't know what happened at the drag strip but for sure you generally have more run off than the strip and therefore more time to react. Also, the strip is about brute horsepower shifting your car as quickly as possible in a straight line; the track is about the right lines, balance and throttle/brake control. You could also get some coaching from one of the professional drivers here in the UAE. I track regularly (both car and bike), have a great time and become a better driver/rider each time.

Hope this helps and to see you at a track some time.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:10 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
Thanks Mike, im okay with differing opinions, I just didn't understand the name calling, the assumptions (that I don't know how to drive) or why some are trying to enforce their idea of how a car should be or school me on what I should do, I wouldnt be surprised if the next thing I know someone's telling me how to live my life. I just asked a very simple question and if you follow the thread I barely got any answers, not a very welcoming crowd I must admit.
Dont pay attention to all the haters.
You got one hell of a 911 on order and I think you will really enjoy it.

Get the roll bar. It justs look right in a GT3. Completes the whole motorsport theme. (The harnesses also look great dangling from the roll bar and the lap belts hide under the seat when you are using the regular seat belt)
Besides, when people see a new car off the showroom floor that actually comes with a roll bar it blows their minds. LoL

What seat options are available to you in your country?

Also, you really should consider taking the car to the track and doing a little school/track time. You might really like it. It will boost your driver skills.
I highly recommend it.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 AM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Welcome Ayousef,
My straight car is a Godzilla build GTR. It's main purpose is, well, to go straight scary fast.
My GT3 will be a DD that happens to do DE/track about once a month. My dedicated road racing car is a 996 GT3 Cup Car that I absolutely love. Plenty of seat time with Instructor and I'm hooked!
My point is:
Muscle and High HP cars serve one purpose.
Road course cars are a whole different animal to experience; even if you intend not to drive on a track. You'll understand once you get into some twists.
It sounds like you are ready to experience something different. Good decision to give the GT3 a shot.

Quick Reply: Jump on the bandwagon or wait for the RS?