Question on deposits

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
They also know Porsche AG would not be pleased if the dealer did not fully support and stand behind any commitments made to their customers.
i know you have had many experiences with p car and are racing them. most of your stmt are right on and i have much respect in 99.9% of your posts. but i totally completely disagree with above stmt you made. PAG does S**t about dealer commitment. pls see my signature line below.

telling you that you have a RS coming , then tell you it's $50k over .....
i did not see PAG do fk to fix my problem.
i have had 15GT3/RS, i think, i lost count.... and PAG does nothing absolutely NOTHING for me and my beef with CARLSEN PORSCHE.

i am sorry to go off topic, but this is a major sore point of mine. if you are in SF bay area, you got to be a fkg moron to do business there.

back to regular programing....
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had never seen Zanzibar. That looks fantastic!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

good friend of mine has it on C4s. when he ordered it, i laughed..
when it showed up, i ate my laughter. it is quite something else. a WOW... i love it or OMG i hate it color. has character. i likey.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very common for a dealer to collect a refundable deposit to hold your 'spot'. Once an allocation arrives, it's do or die. Buck up with $5k or whatever seems reasonable. Once an allocation is dealt and before it is locked down, you cannot blame a dealer for wanting a non-refunable deposit.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:47 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
my 3.8RS, zero deposit.
4.0RS $500.
991GT3: $1000
991RS: $1000
deposit amount was never increase at order or at production.

i will not give more deposit. deposits are refudnable, so i dont understand why dealer required them at all.

of course, if i ordered a car with PTS in puke, i understand it's a hardsell, then i will voluntarily put more deposit to put them at ease.

that said, if indiana's Zanzibar is for sale, pls PM me.
it's a strange color loathed by many, but the manly men understand it. i love it.

I am HONORED past belief. If you found any car I had speced worthy of your stable, it would be the equivalent of being the surrogate for William and Kate, delivering to Porsche Royalty. I have attached 2 pics, one at the dealer before I picked it up, and the second the only choice I preferred to mine, signal yellow. I ask the dealer, Porsche NA, and the factory and was turned down as the one pictured in europe was a problem to produce and the painting process could not be repeated. I MUST figure out how to get the 2015 in signal. I get emotional everytime I see a school bus. I would not consider selling the zanzibar until I knew the 2015 was coming, but if by the small chance royalty still needs a son at that time, Moody's boy it is.
Attached Images   
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

"I get emotional everytime I see a school bus"

That's just awesome.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:29 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
my 3.8RS, zero deposit.
4.0RS $500.
991GT3: $1000
991RS: $1000
deposit amount was never increase at order or at production.

i will not give more deposit. deposits are refudnable, so i dont understand why dealer required them at all.

of course, if i ordered a car with PTS in puke, i understand it's a hardsell, then i will voluntarily put more deposit to put them at ease.

that said, if indiana's Zanzibar is for sale, pls PM me.
it's a strange color loathed by many, but the manly men understand it. i love it.
Mooty,

I will send you a $500 deposit to be first in line to buy your RS 4.0.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by "indianam3
I would not consider selling the zanzibar until I knew the 2015 was coming, but if by the small chance royalty still needs a son at that time, Moody's boy it is.
Your car is incredibly beautiful! Is Zanzibar metallic? I need to see this color in the flesh. Makes me consider waiting the extra time for PTS. There aren't many Porsche colors that I truly love. I think this may be one of them. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by supercup
Mooty,

I will send you a $500 deposit to be first in line to buy your RS 4.0.
sure thing, i do have many $500 deposit already, that's how i finance my 991RS lol. you must missed my previous thread few days ago. the 4.0 is for sale starting bid at 280,000, i decided to raise it to 290,000 after 24 hours. it's on special this weekend (i am going to your neighborhood this weekend... i might add) for $300,000. smart money would buy me out before i increases it pass $400,000 ;-) u r in RE too right ;-).... if you can't sell it, raise the price. my SF marina property didn't get any bite in 2008, then i added $200k to its price, suddenly i got multiple bids over asking... strange but true....

Originally Posted by indianam3
I am HONORED past belief. If you found any car I had speced worthy of your stable, it would be the equivalent of being the surrogate for William and Kate, delivering to Porsche Royalty. I have attached 2 pics, one at the dealer before I picked it up, and the second the only choice I preferred to mine, signal yellow. I ask the dealer, Porsche NA, and the factory and was turned down as the one pictured in europe was a problem to produce and the painting process could not be repeated. I MUST figure out how to get the 2015 in signal. I get emotional everytime I see a school bus. I would not consider selling the zanzibar until I knew the 2015 was coming, but if by the small chance royalty still needs a son at that time, Moody's boy it is.
there is another yellow (speed yellow iirc) on RL. RS3.8. it has a little more option than i liked, but that's also a car i would love to have.

if i can just buy a bottle of "patience" pills, i would order a PTS next time.

Quick Reply: Question on deposits