Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

No one will get Speciales unless they are hooked by Ferrari sp as a celebrity or athlete and or have a Ferrari collection and buy a lot of their cars without hesitation.

late model Ferraris are very reliable and work well. The one and only problem is high mileage disease.

WE should all blame Ferrari for creating F1 style paddle shifters............as Porsche, Audi, Bentley and every other manufacturer copied everything. It took Porsche a while but they understood it.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA OPEN HOUSE CAR Show 10/12/2013 Saturday. EXotics all over the place. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini Gallardo/Murci, Aventador, McLaren, Bentley, Aston Martin V12

catered and you are all invited.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 10-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
No one will get Speciales unless they are hooked by Ferrari sp as a celebrity or athlete and or have a Ferrari collection and buy a lot of their cars without hesitation.

late model Ferraris are very reliable and work well. The one and only problem is high mileage disease.

WE should all blame Ferrari for creating F1 style paddle shifters............as Porsche, Audi, Bentley and every other manufacturer copied everything. It took Porsche a while but they understood it.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA OPEN HOUSE CAR Show 10/12/2013 Saturday. EXotics all over the place. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini Gallardo/Murci, Aventador, McLaren, Bentley, Aston Martin V12

I Blame SEGA and their arcade game "Super Monico GP" FOR creating flippy paddles. That was the first place I ever saw them and.it is where I honed my superlative Mastery of the paddles circa 1992-1993.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Think I just might buy a 308 or 328 one of these days so I can say I am apart of the Ferrari clubs.

Does anyone specialize in aftermarket and performance bits & bobs for the 308 & 328?

Tacet is a nut, he has a rubber butt, everytime he turns around he goes PUTT-PUTT!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Yeah, I know how that process works elsewhere. Which is exactly why, upon putting down my down-payment (40k$) mid last year already, I made it very clear to the sales representative and his management that the '458 Scuderia' (for a lack of a better name at that time) is the one that I want, nothing else. So, for me it's either that way into Ferrari ownership or none at all anytime soon, if at all.

I don't want to sound pedantic, but if Ferrari as a whole or this dealership in particular cannot or does not want to see the life-time profit potential of a 36-year old buying this car cash, then I guess it's not meant to be... if they don't 'allow' me to buy the car that I want, trust me, I certainly won't buy one that I don't want.

And all this hassle to put it to the test back-to-back with my 991 GT3 to see which one I like best!

On colors, I'm looking at white with a grey stripe or, rather different, black with golden alloys and a golden stripe. Not red, that's for sure...
That's the trick, the $64,000 question ain't it? The person, sales manager or Fart-Sniffer who determines if you are indeed worthy enough to buy a brand new F458 Special from the dealership. I really, really hope you can mke it far enough without some wealthy ******* being determined by the fart smeller who chooses who is worthy enough to own one of these Special F458 at the dealership you went to. Might I ask which Ferrari dealership you went to to put down that down payment? Because if it's anywhere near Los Angeles or Orange County there is a HUGE chance that you will be bumped if allocations are not ample enough to fullfill your allocation. Even if you were the first bastard on the order list. Tough doodoo! YOU WILL GET BUMPED, plain and simple for the likes of Justin Timberlake, or Justin Bieber.

That's the way the cookie crumbles with those Italian Marques and their so called prestige. One of the reasons I would never by a Ferrari first hand.

If you want the F458 I would wait for second hand market if you are not lucky enough "TO WIN ONE" that you still have to pay for from the dealer****, I mean dealership!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
That's the trick, the $64,000 question ain't it? The person, sales manager or Fart-Sniffer who determines if you are indeed worthy enough to buy a brand new F458 Special from the dealership. I really, really hope you can mke it far enough without some wealthy ******* being determined by the fart smeller who chooses who is worthy enough to own one of these Special F458 at the dealership you went to. Might I ask which Ferrari dealership you went to to put down that down payment? Because if it's anywhere near Los Angeles or Orange County there is a HUGE chance that you will be bumped if allocations are not ample enough to fullfill your allocation. Even if you were the first bastard on the order list. Tough doodoo! YOU WILL GET BUMPED, plain and simple for the likes of Justin Timberlake, or Justin Bieber.

That's the way the cookie crumbles with those Italian Marques and their so called prestige. One of the reasons I would never by a Ferrari first hand.

If you want the F458 I would wait for second hand market if you are not lucky enough "TO WIN ONE" that you still have to pay for from the dealer****, I mean dealership!
Hey Tacet,

My dealership isn't state-side, but in Dubai, UAE, one of the largest dealers in the world in terms of volume. Same applies for the Porsche dealer here. They will get at least 27 GT3 in the scope of it's production cycle.

Some of the local VIPs (mostly sheikhs) will surely get their version of "Justin-inism" (...), but I don't care that much about when I get it, as long as I do...

In the meantime, I'll got an invite to play on the Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi F1) track with 458 Italias coming Friday, so at least they do still know I exist! For all that's worth...

Tom.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed

maybe what you are describing is the case in the US. in europe things are very different. i am neither a celebrity nor an athlete and certainly not a ferrari collector. nevertheless i was offered a 458S at list price, delivery in four months, even with my 458 as part exchange with a very reasonable trade in offer. just not interested, waiting for the GT3RS or the 458 successor (if not turbo charged).
peter
Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Hey Tacet,

My dealership isn't state-side, but in Dubai, UAE, one of the largest dealers in the world in terms of volume. Same applies for the Porsche dealer here. They will get at least 27 GT3 in the scope of it's production cycle.

Some of the local VIPs (mostly sheikhs) will surely get their version of "Justin-inism" (...), but I don't care that much about when I get it, as long as I do...

In the meantime, I'll got an invite to play on the Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi F1) track with 458 Italias coming Friday, so at least they do still know I exist! For all that's worth...

Tom.
Well if that is the way things are where you are at, I am grateful you can acquire one from the Porsche Dealership. Generally we don't observe such practices at Porsche Dealerships in the United States unless some super special version of something comes out like the GT3-4.0, GT2RS or Carrera GT when that came out less than a decade ago.

I doubt we will see that happening with the 918 since they are still less than half sold. Sure a few Dealerships may have sold all their allocations, as a common courtesy they might hunt one down for you.

Happy Driven'z

Tim G
Old 10-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by vf430
I am not feeling it so much yet, too busy and goofy hood details and stripe colors. Performance is fantastic. Scud is always about the feel of the car , cant wait to hear the on road reviews.

Ferrarichat response is utter disappointment over styling. Maybe real life pictures will look better.
If you think you cannot satisfy the Porsche folks with newer iterations of out cars. Can only imagine how tripped out the the Ferrari people would be. How far the sticks may go up their..... Only joking here folks.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:08 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just specced my Speciale... call me boring, but it's very similar to my GT3: white outside, mostly black alcantara inside. I want to keep it 'business-like', not the usual mix of candy-shop colors that most Ferrari's over here have. I'm pretty sure it'll attract enough attention already.

No allocations yet in Dubai, but we're looking at January production now... so the GT3 should be able to arrive first, if Porsche finally gets their act together!

And yes, I am allowed to buy one as my first Ferrari!
Attached Images      
Old 10-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tom Tom
That car looks sweet.
Enjoy you can not go wrong. Do you have a F12 Berlinetta on order too
That car is excellent too. We are supposed to get one in here soon
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM
markow
Racer

I have just specced my Speciale... call me boring, but it's very similar to my GT3: white outside, mostly black alcantara inside. I want to keep it 'business-like', not the usual mix of candy-shop colors that most Ferrari's over here have. I'm pretty sure it'll attract enough attention already.

No allocations yet in Dubai, but we're looking at January production now... so the GT3 should be able to arrive first, if Porsche finally gets their act together!

And yes, I am allowed to buy one as my first Ferrari!
it is very beautiful....but no stripes? i LOVE the italian flag stripe. congrats to both cars!
peter
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My dealer offered me a Speciale recently! I laughed and said seriously and he said yes. I can't sell my spot.
Actually I would like a F430 Spider F1 Rossi Corsa Daytona seats black inserts shields and yellow tach
Around 150k versus $400K
Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
frayed
Race Car

Tom that rig is going to be killer. Agree with Markow on the stripe, though. Looking forward to your thoughts on both cars independent of which car you choose to keep in your garage.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Looking at the performance differences supplied by the magazine. One Imperial, the other metric... The Ferrari comes in at about 354 lbs lighter than the Porsche. So of course, besides gearing the Ferrari is going to be a little quicker even if its only about 1 whole second fastd. 354 imperial pounds is literally two average, smaller types, folks. But I will give it to Ferrari they really do like pulling out the stops.

Damn good styling throughout the yearz; totally different design ethos of the Germans and their continued ecolutions of the 911 and now it looks like Cayman and Boxsters.

Say what though shall about the Cayenne but it saved the damned company from going under. So each time you see a Cayenne give it a good slap on the back for saving the company.

Now only if we could have bought VW instead of VW buying us... Son of a Bit[#.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:21 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Will the gt2 rs be p's answer to this car ?

Quick Reply: 458 Speciale: the "GT3" of the 458 arrives