Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 vs. 997.2 GT3 performance difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013 | 04:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan39
Yeah, I'm very worried about getting bored driving the PDK box on the weekends and around town. I've got myself convinced that if I keep it in manual mode it won't be. However, if it proves to only be exciting at the track - and I know it will be exciting at the track - then I may have to sell it after the first season and take the $25k depreciation hit or whatever it is.
White, no option please.
Old 07-04-2013 | 06:17 PM
wanna911
Race Car

What about my posts have changed? I can't wait to hear this one since you seem so in tune with my Rennlist history.

What does anyone driving the 991 have to do with ring times tested by manufacturers test drivers? Nothing. What we do know is that these tested times often vibe with what you see in the independent testing, except maybe the GT-R overachieving a bit at the ring. Otherwise, the times usually line up for the most part.

You mention Btg laps on open days as if they are to be compared equally with the nearly full laps that manufacturers run. Let's not go there.

Yours truly,

Tighty Whitey

Originally Posted by CRex
Wanna911 your posts on on the 991 forum simply do not jive with your long history on RL. What happened... alien incursion, or are we all stupid and talking to some teenager in tighty-whities who hacked the account of our longtime contributor?

Ring times are what they are... nobody has driven the 991 so we're all hazarding our guesses here. But they're off known times (both full loop and BtG) from known drivers in published sources. Case in pt, Sabine Schmitz does around 7:30 flat with a passenger in her 997.2, and has mentioned something around 7:27 in interviews which is entirely believable. Plenty of other sites with verified laps from named drivers. Need we harass one another on this point?

Believe it or not I actually don't think the posters here (at least the old timers) have a secret agenda. The OP's seen through 5 iterations of the GT3 since his 996.1. Me, 3. Some have placed orders (I spoke with my dealer just today). There is no "Mezger/3-pedal" fundamentalists out there unless one chooses apply such a prism to everyone else.

That said I admit to being a whiner, esp. with things old and sentimental. Doesn't stop me from recognizing the trend is automation and the new car will be fast. I'm simple but not THAT simple
Old 07-05-2013 | 02:07 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Funny how this thread is still going on

I'm still not quite sure how its possible to get so emotional about it.
Old 07-05-2013 | 02:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hormones....
Old 07-05-2013 | 01:41 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BBMGT3
emotional
key word here...

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 vs. 997.2 GT3 performance difference