Article regarding he death of manual

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Sure or $2K.

It's not looking good...
We may never see one except for the green student or intermediates on a cold day once in a while, just like Fiats, Lambos, AMG's, GTRs.

Provided I fit in one with my helmet on, I first have to finish off a C7 Z51 Corvette. That might only take 2 sessions, but who knows it looks good on paper... Eddie cancelled his GT3 and got a GT2 instead. I don't know anyone from the track that has a new GT3 coming, but I will sniff them out once they are available.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Time to step up and buy a Cup boys...
Old 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eddie cancelled his GT3 order? Aahahahah, now the internet Schumachers talking smack about the ludites getting passed, cars with no PDK being slow, etc etc. will actually have to go out and ........

wait for it..............

PASS someone. Still waiting for one of the smack talkers to post a single video or lap time, but it seems all they are good for is mag/bench racing which will work well at Cars N Coffee, but not anywhere else.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:18 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Here is an interesting article.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...911-gt3-gt3-rs
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
I just heard about the upcoming Porsche electronic feature called PAL (Porsche Automatische Lenkung or Porsche Automatic Steering).

When combined with the PDK (Porsche Dupple Kupplung) and PAB (Porsche Aktives Bremsen, Porsche Active Braking), PASM, PTV+, PCCB...you can just get in in the car and buckle up (you still have to buckle your own seat belts! ) select the name of your favorite driver from the PCM and the car will just do identical laptimes as your driver!!
Hi GT2 brother,

Great post..but its independent of the 991 GT3...its a trend thats coming - and not so far away from reality. Look in the agricultural sector, today´s tractors can drive on the field by themselves, all they need is GPS coordinates and a few other gizmos. The driver/farmer can just from inside watch the scenary - for legal and insurance reasons, he cannot switch this function on when he is driving on the street. So his work is to drive to the field and to drive home..on the field he can go to sleep. So why shouldnt it be possible in cars too (for race circuits that represent a closed section, like a field)?

One thing is for sure..I dont want this - I know the society is getting older..

PS: There is a guy in my Porsche club who is 72 and driving his 997.2RS on the track..and not like a lame duck
Old 06-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Excellent article! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for the link, jumper.

Sure to stimulate some lively discussion, with new points being made on all sides.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Ha. Another "journalist" trolling internet forums for free copy. I hope Rennlist is getting a royalty.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by NoPasaran
Porsche Schlafensitz, hehe, you crack mich up, Kamerad!
You will get me fired from this thread!

Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
...Great post..but its independent of the 991 GT3...its a trend thats coming...One thing is for sure..I dont want this - I know the society is getting older..
...There is a guy in my Porsche club who is 72 and driving his 997.2RS on the track..and not like a lame duck
Yes, I totally agree with you! I do not fault Porsche for pushing the technology. I appreciate everything that they are trying to do! (In the past 20+ years) I have spent enough $ with them that Herr Wiedeking should let me eat for free at his restaurant for the rest of my life!

...all the arguments are already made by the RL folks..."I just want my MT in my performance car!!" I am going backwards...please find me a clean 996GT2 and let me grind through the gears! It is sad...I was really going to buy a 991GT3...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

(In the past 20+ years) I have spent enough $ with them that Herr Wiedeking should let me eat for free at his restaurant for the rest of my life!
Herr Wiedeking, in case you are not keeping up, doesn't have a restaurant at his disposal any more in the Zuffenhausen area (e.g. Christophorus). And he himself might be eating for a while at the Baden-Wurttemberg penitentiary if things don't turn out well at his upcoming trial for stock manipulation, among other things!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Colorado
Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

I knew about his "enthusiastic" business activities, but I did not know that he had lost his restuarant? Well what do you know! I guess he can use my money for his legal fees!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I knew about his "enthusiastic" business activities, but I did not know that he had lost his restuarant? Well what do you know! I guess he can use my money for his legal fees!
Igooz: Tell us about the restaurant you think Herr Wiedeking owned. I am all ears!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...n-options.html

However, before his 'sudden' departure from Porsche, he did send to his loyal followers & fans (would that be you, Igooz?) a nice farewell message along with a photo of himself!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

The rumor in '11 was that he was opening one or a few exotic Italian restaurants. And I just read that he opened a chain called Tialini not sure about his stake! The joke of course was how he paid for them? Sounds like he is in more trouble now! And no, I am not one of his fans!

http://www.welt.de/newsticker/dpa_nt...wigshafen.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/w...porsche-pizza/
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

The joke of course was how he paid for them?
Oh, I am sure he got a 'golden parachute' when he left Porsche. But, if the prosecutors make their case stick, perhaps some 'clawback' might be in order! Remember there was a period where everyone at Porsche AG and their Board of Directors thought he walked on water...and paid him accordingly!

I had no clue about his restaurant ventures after Porsche. But when I read the following on your link, I knew we were talking about the same old Wendelin!

"A second Italian chain, L'Osteria, said it opened its books to Wiedeking in 2011 when the exceedingly wealthy entrepreneur was considering buying in, but now that he's gone his own way L'Osteria feels that Wiedeking might just have been sniffing around for some insider context."

I'll make sure to stop by at his new restaurant venture when I am next in The Fatherland! Maybe he will be waiting tables!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
...I had no clue about his restaurant ventures after Porsche. But when I read the following on your link, I knew we were talking about the same old Wendelin!
For sure!...the same Wendelin...now a restaurantier!

Back to GT3 and PDK!

Quick Reply: Article regarding he death of manual