Wireless Apple CarPlay options

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 05:18 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

LINK TO THE PRODUCT

Forum members get $100 off coupon rennlist100

For $200 after the coupon above you get the unit it's made in the USA with five year warranty very high-quality built product
Old 05-11-2024, 09:31 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Update on Ottocast: It worked great for the first couple of drives, and now I can't get it to reconnect. The blue light just flashes. It shows connected on my iPhone, but can't actually access CarPlay on my screen. I need to look through the instructions to see if there is a reset/reconnect process. If anyone else had this problem and can suggest some trouble shooting tips please let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:32 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DashLynx
The only question is, what do you do when it fails six months later? Who do you go to?
Does your unit stay powered on when left connected to the USB in the center console and the car is shut off? Or does it power down on it's own?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:13 AM
PatrickBB
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed! Want to hear the feedback on the Dashlynx.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:28 AM
roadawg1608
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WhySock
Update on Ottocast: It worked great for the first couple of drives, and now I can't get it to reconnect. The blue light just flashes. It shows connected on my iPhone, but can't actually access CarPlay on my screen. I need to look through the instructions to see if there is a reset/reconnect process. If anyone else had this problem and can suggest some trouble shooting tips please let me know. Thanks.
Did you update the firmware to the latest version? Instructions tell you how do update it.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:37 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Does your unit stay powered on when left connected to the USB in the center console and the car is shut off? Or does it power down on it's own?
The USB doesn't power down on its own. It stays on as long as there's power, similar to a fridge plugged into a wall outlet. But don't worry, it won't drain your battery. Some cars shut off power to the USB after about an hour or so.

Honestly, when they designed the car, they didn't expect anything to be plugged in there permanently, just stuff like a thumb drive.

LINK TO THE PRODUCT

Forum members get $100 off coupon rennlist100

For $200 after the coupon above you get the unit it's made in the USA with five year warranty very high-quality built product

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-11-2024 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:40 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by roadawg1608
Did you update the firmware to the latest version? Instructions tell you how do update it.
I don't see why users have to update it all the time, especially when it's a complicated update. Plus, those updates often end up bricking the units.

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-11-2024 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:42 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PatrickBB
Subscribed! Want to hear the feedback on the Dashlynx.
We've already sold over 100 units just on this forum alone. Obviously, we know that 97% of people just browse without being registered memebers, but I'm surprised that some active members who are active members haven't written anything up. I guess they're happy with their purchase.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:15 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roadawg1608
I'll give that a shot, but I think I did update it already.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:36 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by worriedcone
I will post up a review here once I've tested it properly. I have a 2018 991.2 GT3 with wired Carplay.
subscribed!
Old 05-15-2024, 11:02 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Thank you for your order. I assume your vehicle has factory CarPlay, and this product will make your CarPlay wireless or give you the ability to use Android Auto wirelessly as well.

Your order will ship tomorrow via UPS ground and you will receive email with the tracking number
showed up promptly and worked perfectly in under a minute. setup was very easy. thanks dude, glad to support american made products.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:09 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
showed up promptly and worked perfectly in under a minute. setup was very easy. thanks dude, glad to support american made products.
How quickly does it connect to the phone when you jump in the car?
Old 05-17-2024, 01:41 AM
phoneyman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I put the Ottocast in the car today. It had one hiccup where everything was streaming and functioning but no sound from the speakers. It righted itself on the next startup and worked as intended the next few startups.
Carplay shows up on PCM in ~10 seconds after starting car.
Will have to see how it works longterm though.
Old 05-18-2024, 03:06 PM
worriedcone
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for your order
Got the unit promptly, install was as simple as plugging it into the center USB, it connected, I paired my iPhone to it and have wireless Apple CarPlay working fine! So far I’ve not experienced any disconnects or random issues. Great product.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:46 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
How quickly does it connect to the phone when you jump in the car?
about 10 seconds. just pops up and gives you a menu, tap the carplay icon and boom it connects. easy so far.

Quick Reply: Wireless Apple CarPlay options