Sponsored by:

Wireless Apple CarPlay options

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 12:20 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinz
Sure, but all you've given us are a bunch of words that your product is better. Show us how it's better. For example, I just bought a new macbook pro with the m3 pro chip (coming from a MBP from 2016). Before buying, I watched a ton of comparison videos that highlighted the differences between the speed of the m3 chip vs m3 pro chip vs m3 max chip. Can you provide a comparison video as to how your product operates better, faster, more seamlessly than a cheaper unit? You say it doesn't lag, disconnect, etc but is it truly noticeable?

You're right about Porsche being a great product and also supports the above. It can easily be compared, side by side, to the competition
It's challenging to make comparisons, especially considering the 100+ of CarPlay dongles available on platforms like Amazon, with many coming from different manufacturers in China. Comparing each one individually would be incredibly time-consuming. it wouldn't make sense to create a video showing a Chinese unit running for five hours to demonstrate disconnections, and then compare it to our unit running for the same duration without any disconnections. Such a comparison wouldn't provide meaningful insights because it's not an accurate representation of real-world usage.

However, what we can say is that our unit offers a better experience than many others currently available. While there may be other great options out there, such as those from China, some may suffer from issues like long loading times or frequent disconnections.

Ultimately, what we offer is a quality product made in the USA with a 5-year warranty. While it may be more expensive than some alternatives, it's a testament to our commitment to supporting American jobs and contributing to the growth of the American economy.
The following 2 users liked this post by DashLynx:
pdxjim (05-04-2024), WhySock (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Pierregirard
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've heard about the CPLAY2air USB adapter—it's one of the popular ones that can turn wired CarPlay into wireless. Another one to check out is the Carlinkit Wireless Adapter. It's pretty much like CPLAY2air, using Bluetooth and WiFi to make your CarPlay connection wireless.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:06 PM
roadawg1608
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

You get what you pay for guys. The 5 year warranty alone adds value. How long will your cheaper unit last? Dropped connections are annoying and frustrating. We are driving $175K+ cars most of us, I'd prefer to pay once and not worry about it.

It's good to have options but its not productive to miss the obvious selling points here and ask for vague comparisons.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:12 PM
golfinz
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by roadawg1608
You get what you pay for guys. The 5 year warranty alone adds value. How long will your cheaper unit last? Dropped connections are annoying and frustrating. We are driving $175K+ cars most of us, I'd prefer to pay once and not worry about it.

It's good to have options but its not productive to miss the obvious selling points here and ask for vague comparisons.
Unknown but if it craps out, I can buy 5 more before breaking even with this other option. I think a simple comparison is an easy thing to do to showcase how superior this product is (just pick one of these cheaper units). Plus, who knows if this company will be around in 5 years. How do we know we get what we pay for when we haven't seen anything other than the few posts above?
The following 2 users liked this post by golfinz:
9914s (05-04-2024), 991C2S88 (05-29-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 02:26 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by roadawg1608

Our units never drop connection unless you're in a Wi-Fi interference area, which can disrupt any wireless CarPlay connection. As you probably know, all products sold in the USA must accept interference by the FCC rules, but unlike Chinese models that just drop even when sitting in your garage after an hour of playing music. That doesn't happen with our modules.

You've got 14 days to test-drive the product. If you don't like it, send it back. We also have a secondary module that allows for HDMI and features like front or interior cameras, but on smaller cars, it might not make sense.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:31 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by golfinz
Unknown but if it craps out, I can buy 5 more before breaking even with this other option. I think a simple comparison is an easy thing to do to showcase how superior this product is (just pick one of these cheaper units). Plus, who knows if this company will be around in 5 years. How do we know we get what we pay for when we haven't seen anything other than the few posts above?
We've been around since 2014, and we're here to stay. Our business isn't slowing down. Just to clarify, I'm only in charge of selling products through online car forms. Our main divisions sell directly to car dealerships because there are still so many cars out there that don't have wireless CarPlay. Customers are constantly looking for those in dealerships. Dealerships aren't going to buy anything on Amazon to resell to their customers; they need a reputable company to deal with. Currently, we're the only company in the USA that provides this service.

LINK TO THE PRODUCT

Forum members get $100 off coupon rennlist100

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-02-2024 at 02:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
golfinz (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 02:31 PM
String33
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DashLynx
If you want something made in the USA with a five-year warranty and real support, where you can talk to someone on the phone if you need to, and also help the economy and keep jobs in this country, then we've got some products for you. We offer a wireless CarPlay unit for $199, and we also have a wireless CarPlay with a pure HDMI input. With this, you can add devices like Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, etc. You can even add cameras, like a backup camera or a baby camera, so you can see the entire backseat. This way, when you're driving and your kids are crying, you don't have to turn around and risk an accident just to check on them. $299 is the price for the interface with HDMI input for forum numbers.
Do you have a link to your product? Does it have a name? I’m old. Make it easy on me.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:34 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by String33
Do you have a link to your product? Does it have a name? I’m old. Make it easy on me.
LINK TO THE PRODUCT

Old 05-02-2024, 11:19 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 243 Posts

LINK TO THE PRODUCT

just used it, i like to support american made products!
Old 05-02-2024, 11:36 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
just used it, i like to support american made products!
Thank you for your order. I assume your vehicle has factory CarPlay, and this product will make your CarPlay wireless or give you the ability to use Android Auto wirelessly as well.

Your order will ship tomorrow via UPS ground and you will receive email with the tracking number
Old 05-04-2024, 01:54 PM
ypk
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any reviews of DashLynx? The whole "my product is better because I said so" isn't really what I'm after.
The following 3 users liked this post by ypk:
991C2S88 (05-29-2024), golfinz (05-04-2024), worriedcone (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 05:45 PM
worriedcone
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Decided to give DashLynx a try and ordered with the coupon you provided. Fingers crossed, and will report back my findings here.
The following 2 users liked this post by worriedcone:
mattyf (05-05-2024), ypk (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 07:58 PM
DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by worriedcone
Decided to give DashLynx a try and ordered with the coupon you provided. Fingers crossed, and will report back my findings here.
Thank you for your order
Old 05-04-2024, 09:45 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 243 Posts

Thank you for your order. I assume your vehicle has factory CarPlay, and this product will make your CarPlay wireless or give you the ability to use Android Auto wirelessly as well.

Your order will ship tomorrow via UPS ground and you will receive email with the tracking number
yeah its a 2018 GT2RS .
Old 05-05-2024, 01:16 AM
Thinker23
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 44 Posts

I like the simple design. Eager to hear feedback on how DashLynx works.

Quick Reply: Wireless Apple CarPlay options