Sponsored by:

Carmine Red GT3T at Porsche Colorado Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 12:59 PM
drc4ss
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Carmine Red GT3T at Porsche Colorado Springs

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Carmine Red GT3T for sale at Colorado Springs Porsche? It's been for sale for over a year. I like the spec but it's apparently an imported Canada car and it had the speedo changed from KM to M. It's now got a US title but I wasn't sure if there's any other special questions I should be asking or if the swapped speedo is of any concern. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.porschecoloradosprings.c...co-id-47545009
Old 06-06-2023, 01:17 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by drc4ss
Does anyone have any thoughts on this Carmine Red GT3T for sale at Colorado Springs Porsche? It's been for sale for over a year. I like the spec but it's apparently an imported Canada car and it had the speedo changed from KM to M. It's now got a US title but I wasn't sure if there's any other special questions I should be asking or if the swapped speedo is of any concern. Any help would be appreciated.

That is a freaking gorgeous spec!
Old 06-06-2023, 01:24 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts

Ask for Travis! Nicest guy
Old 06-06-2023, 01:36 PM
LS-1
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Search the 991 for sale thread. This car has been discussed. Sounds like being a Canadian car make's it less desirable/ harder to sell.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:04 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 181 Posts

Canadian car is no different than a US car. Aside from the Km gauge and that has already been swapped. It also has CPO, so if you like it I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. My touring is a dead mans car, absolutely love that car. Use the Canadian/US argument to score a great touring at a great price if you want my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
User 81423 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 03:06 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

The notes as I recall them. People love the 991.2 touring and they sell above MSRP. How much above depends on mileage and options. This dealer traditionally has a good reputation, but is also known to price their cars high. Many debated about how the Canadian part would impact resale, this being the dominating part vs how fun the car would be to own and drive. = someone most concerned about resale will inevitably have to deal with this just as it comes up today. Aside from that seems like a great car if someone wants a touring in Carmine red with these options. Is it worth the price, up to the buyer to decide. Good luck
Old 06-06-2023, 07:11 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by drc4ss

Historically. the import swap definitely affects the value. How much no one knows. If this is your lifetime keeper, buy it!

personally I wouldn’t touch it at that price. It’s really dumb, it rolled off the same assembly line, but that’s how any future buyer will view it.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:25 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

I remember this car when I was looking 6 months ago. I ruled it out because of the iron brakes, but it's an otherwise nice spec. It was priced aggressively back then and they have since aggressively dropped the price.

When I looked into Canadian cars previously, the main concerns were odometer rollbacks and title washing. This car is probably fine, like others said the main concern comes resale time. You are effectively locked into this car unless you buy it at a steal.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:14 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jp884
Canadian car is no different than a US car. Aside from the Km gauge and that has already been swapped. It also has CPO, so if you like it I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. My touring is a dead mans car, absolutely love that car. Use the Canadian/US argument to score a great touring at a great price if you want my opinion.
Any Gray Market vehicle is a potential gamble.
I'd try to ensure clear U.S. Title with no Canadian liens, no water damage, and a thorough DME review from Porsche.
After that, lowball.
Carmine Red.......I'd jump on that unless PPI, DME review, etc failed to pass muster.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:25 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jp884
nailed it
catdog2 (06-12-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 11:37 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 369 Posts

I'm on Canadian GT car #2. I think the whole devaluation based on where it originally landed is really ridiculous. That said, the entry and exit point was nearly equally reduced so who cares.

My first Canadian car was a 991.1RS, purchased from a good friend. I knew the history and it came with CPO. Pricing was about 10% below US car market when I bought it. Drove it for 15K miles and sold it for roughly 10% below US car market when I was done. The buyer bought the seller, got a great car and enjoyed it. Even helped him sell it for a fair price when he was done.

Second is my current 997 GT2. It was a BaT car and purchased during the height of Covid with the US border closed. Hands on due diligence was impossible but the seller was very communicative and very transparent. He provided a full dealer ownership history, painter meter readings and PCCB measures. I loved the spec and took the chance. It was exactly as advertised and way under market likely because no one could put hands or eyes on it. My reward for risk.

I don't see the same level of risk as some of the posters above, especially if you've purchased cars sight unseen before. I've also done the importation process myself and via an importer and neither was hard. Worst part was on the GT2 during Covid because PCNA was a clerical mess.

Our car group jokingly refers to these cars as "Canadian Ebola" because of the perception held by both the uninformed and the overly value conscious. Buy smartly, drive and enjoy. That's all you need to do.

Last edited by ChrisF; 06-06-2023 at 11:38 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ChrisF:
catdog2 (06-12-2023), ParadiseGT3 (06-08-2023), User 81423 (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 12:04 AM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Be sure to do the CDN to USD conversion when assessing the msrp.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:10 AM
Bruce911_
Pro

Received 502 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
Be sure to do the CDN to USD conversion when assessing the msrp.
Correct, I’m sure the MSRP on Vinanalytics is in Canadian dollars.
Driveitnow01 (06-19-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 12:38 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I'm on Canadian GT car #2. I think the whole devaluation based on where it originally landed is really ridiculous. That said, the entry and exit point was nearly equally reduced so who cares.

My first Canadian car was a 991.1RS, purchased from a good friend. I knew the history and it came with CPO. Pricing was about 10% below US car market when I bought it. Drove it for 15K miles and sold it for roughly 10% below US car market when I was done. The buyer bought the seller, got a great car and enjoyed it. Even helped him sell it for a fair price when he was done.

Second is my current 997 GT2. It was a BaT car and purchased during the height of Covid with the US border closed. Hands on due diligence was impossible but the seller was very communicative and very transparent. He provided a full dealer ownership history, painter meter readings and PCCB measures. I loved the spec and took the chance. It was exactly as advertised and way under market likely because no one could put hands or eyes on it. My reward for risk.

I don't see the same level of risk as some of the posters above, especially if you've purchased cars sight unseen before. I've also done the importation process myself and via an importer and neither was hard. Worst part was on the GT2 during Covid because PCNA was a clerical mess.

Our car group jokingly refers to these cars as "Canadian Ebola" because of the perception held by both the uninformed and the overly value conscious. Buy smartly, drive and enjoy. That's all you need to do.
991 section of Rennlist for the win 🙌
great info
Old 06-07-2023, 12:56 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I like that. My GT3 was a Canadian delivery, still has the original speedo but digital stuff is switched to miles. When I was a kid I'd peep into cars and look at the speedo to get an idea of how fast they were, I'd have thought this one went over 300. Price was 10% below MSRP at 7k miles, full dealer history and Carmine FTW! Must be more wiggle room in the price as has been said.
Edit: good call on the $ conversion, interestingly I noticed that although the original base price of mine was higher in CAD, each option was the same number as USD, so overall more expensive if bought in the US.

Last edited by _RS_; 06-07-2023 at 01:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Carmine Red GT3T at Porsche Colorado Springs