mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,706 Likes on 2,342 Posts

drink

ride

drive

The following 8 users liked this post by mooty:
911Vintage (Today), Benedict295 (08-14-2024), jj99c2 (Yesterday), MovingChicane (08-14-2024), needmoregarage (Yesterday), Redrider (08-14-2024), Robb M. (Today), rodsky (Today) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 01:23 AM
rhino123
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mooty

Picked up some Gran Miscela Carmo Espresso Blend. Are you still using it? It’s quite delicious. I’ve been making it in a moka pot, and I also ordered some for my French press. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 846 Likes on 443 Posts

money shot on the bike!
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,706 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
money shot on the bike!
thx. local photographer who usually shoots cars caught me

Originally Posted by rhino123
Hi Mooty

Picked up some Gran Miscela Carmo Espresso Blend. Are you still using it? It’s quite delicious. I’ve been making it in a moka pot, and I also ordered some for my French press. Thanks for the recommendation!
yes that is my fav
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 641 Posts

Took delivery of the Nardo grey ‘24 RS6 Avant Perf yesterday. After 85 miles on mostly backroads with some highway, I am astounded at how nice a car this is! I had tempered expectations (it’s not a Porsche for sure). BUT…it handled beautifully. Not as “crisp” as a Porsche, but for the size and weight - it’s well done and very enjoyable to drive. The ride in comfort mode was as cushy as the Cayenne (in comfort mode). Cabin noise was more than acceptable and quieter than I expected (even when I chose RS2). Exhaust sounds are fairly muted in “normal” but amp up a little in RS1 and even more in RS2. It’s not overly loud which pleases me, and I can see why some folks put exhausts on. It’s quieter than I thought but that’s a good thing in my case.

My husband has a very bad back (multiple surgeries) and was expecting a stiff ride with 22” wheels and very little sidewall. It far exceeded his expectations which is great. I’d much rather have cars we both enjoy. He almost never gets in the GT4 any more (too low, LWB force too much contortion to get in/out).

I’m thrilled to have a very unique car that looks great (to me) and is versatile. It has the same cargo space as the Cayenne with rear seats folded! And the biggest surprise is that (to me) it looks SO MUCH better in person than in photos. Especially the wheels which I was not fond of. They have really “grown” on me, and in person look good. I can’t quite explain it but I thought the car was good looking from most angles in pics, but in person it’s even better. Very happy to have it after chasing a build since 2022. And never having driven or ridden in one it was a gamble (but figured if we didn’t like it, should be an easy sell). I know it’s not everyone’s cup-o-tea but I’m thrilled and could easily see this in the garage for more than a couple years.

@mooty your skills with the “coffee art” have grown tremendously since I first saw your attempts (how many years ago? A few?). As usual, the topics in this thread are fun and I visit often.

Hubby adjusting tire pressures. That’s our former 20221 Macan GTS in the corner.

He surprised me with this model a few days ago!
The following 4 users liked this post by needmoregarage:
911Vintage (Today), ldamelio (Today), MovingChicane (Today), Robb M. (Today)
Old Today, 10:59 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,004 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Took delivery of the Nardo grey ‘24 RS6 Avant Perf yesterday. After 85 miles on mostly backroads with some highway, I am astounded at how nice a car this is! I had tempered expectations (it’s not a Porsche for sure). BUT…it handled beautifully. Not as “crisp” as a Porsche, but for the size and weight - it’s well done and very enjoyable to drive. The ride in comfort mode was as cushy as the Cayenne (in comfort mode). Cabin noise was more than acceptable and quieter than I expected (even when I chose RS2). Exhaust sounds are fairly muted in “normal” but amp up a little in RS1 and even more in RS2. It’s not overly loud which pleases me, and I can see why some folks put exhausts on. It’s quieter than I thought but that’s a good thing in my case.

My husband has a very bad back (multiple surgeries) and was expecting a stiff ride with 22” wheels and very little sidewall. It far exceeded his expectations which is great. I’d much rather have cars we both enjoy. He almost never gets in the GT4 any more (too low, LWB force too much contortion to get in/out).

I’m thrilled to have a very unique car that looks great (to me) and is versatile. It has the same cargo space as the Cayenne with rear seats folded! And the biggest surprise is that (to me) it looks SO MUCH better in person than in photos. Especially the wheels which I was not fond of. They have really “grown” on me, and in person look good. I can’t quite explain it but I thought the car was good looking from most angles in pics, but in person it’s even better. Very happy to have it after chasing a build since 2022. And never having driven or ridden in one it was a gamble (but figured if we didn’t like it, should be an easy sell). I know it’s not everyone’s cup-o-tea but I’m thrilled and could easily see this in the garage for more than a couple years.

@mooty your skills with the “coffee art” have grown tremendously since I first saw your attempts (how many years ago? A few?). As usual, the topics in this thread are fun and I visit often.

Hubby adjusting tire pressures. That’s our former 20221 Macan GTS in the corner.

He surprised me with this model a few days ago!
Congrats on the RS6! I’ve been flirting with those since they came out. One of our mutual friends has one and was also very impressed how good it is. Must resist Audi dealerships. Lol
The following users liked this post:
needmoregarage (Today)
Old Today, 11:05 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 721 Likes on 500 Posts

@needmoregarage that makes me want to order one today. Gorgeous car!!

@mooty that really is a money shot of you on the bike!
The following users liked this post:
needmoregarage (Today)

Quick Reply: The Melting Pot