Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon ECU Clone

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 09:14 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

This is why its absolutely not worth tuning your engine. A few extra HP is not worth an $80K tab for a new long block
Old 01-17-2023, 11:58 PM
M&Abanker4life
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by arowden86
If OEM tests verified the longevity of the engine, they wouldn't need a warranty at all, would they? Some parts are defective or break, that's the point of a warranty. I don't see how advancing the timing could cause extra stress on a valve spring. Increasing the rev limiter, yes. Timing would cause a premature detonation which would bend a rod or cause damage to the piston. The law actually says the burden of proof is on the dealership. If dealerships actually followed the law, I wouldn't want to screw them. But instead, they see a bumper sticker and say the warranty for every item on the car is voided. If they acted with integrity, I wouldn't want to lie to them. If I did, and they mentioned an issue the tune caused, I'd 100% tell them and offer to pay. These engines are ~20-25k, not 95k, that's not a big deal.
Yes but the degree of "proof" required can simply point to some data points that confirms their suspicions. Practically, you will need to do the work to "prove" otherwise - and they will make it a steep and expensive hill to climb to the point you will give up due to frustration.
If you want to tune, tune! I am sure the Dundon ECU is amazing and works as advertised (NTD: ECU is by M-Engineering who are rock-stars in the tuning world!).
However, you are better off just paying to play if something goes wrong and have your eyes open going in.

Last edited by M&Abanker4life; 01-19-2023 at 11:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tgibrit (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 01:00 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
This is why its absolutely not worth tuning your engine. A few extra HP is not worth an $80K tab for a new long block
And I doubt any of us owners are capable of driving a GT3 to its limits, stock.
Ask yourself this question, could Lewis Hamilton do a faster lap in your GT3 than you can?
If so, the car is already faster than you are.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:33 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by arowden86
I'm just asking about a product that seems to be a fraud.
Careful with the word fraud... The point of the cloned ecu is to allow the customer to have an unmolested ECU at the time of sale. It also keeps nuisance codes from being an issue if they choose to have Porsche do the maintenance on the car.

We sell parts and tunes to Porsche Dealers around the country, GT3's are regularly tuned in Europe and around the world. That said we are 100% upfront with folks that doing an ECU tune on a GT3 is generally the line that PCNA will not be OK with catastrophic warranty coverage. In General we don't push tunes, but we had requests for them years ago, hence the M-engineering cloned ecu. Caveat Emptor.

As far as the E30/E50/E85 comment. The 991 GT3 doesn't have a ethanol sensor, leaving gasoline in the tank and running a tune for a specific concentration of Ethanol without knowing the % is not a great idea... Do what you feel is best...

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
The following 3 users liked this post by Jamie@dundonmotorsports:
dsteding (01-23-2023), jap10 (01-18-2023), Rick GT3 (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 02:47 PM
alcoolmag911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

buy a turbo if you want to tune.

Quick Reply: Dundon ECU Clone