Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the story on this GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 04:55 PM
AgsWin
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Anyone know the story on this GT3?

Surprised it hasn't sold yet. CPO. Build sheet doesn't show anything for the orange bits on exterior. Doesn't have PCCB though and dealer is trying to say that the orange is factory but because it is a Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur that it wont show up on build sheet
Old 11-29-2022, 05:03 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

the reason it's not sold is always price. even a pile of dog **** will sell if priced correctly.
The following users liked this post:
sdm100 (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 05:17 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AgsWin
Surprised it hasn't sold yet. CPO. Build sheet doesn't show anything for the orange bits on exterior. Doesn't have PCCB though and dealer is trying to say that the orange is factory but because it is a Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur that it wont show up on build sheet
Hennessy is one of the reputed dealers. I bought a CPO 991.1 GT3 for them a few years ago. I had the sales guy go over the car on camera and bought it without seeing it in person. When I turned up to collect it it was just as described.
The following 3 users liked this post by mad_max:
911-140.6 (11-29-2022), abiazis (11-29-2022), AgsWin (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 05:50 PM
AgsWin
Instructor

Originally Posted by lawrence1
the reason it's not sold is always price. even a pile of dog **** will sell if priced correctly.
Not always. Hence the reason I am asking on this forum if anyone has personal knowledge about this car. $15k over original MSRP for a 991.2 CPO GT3 is actually a really good price based on the current market. You can get a pretty basic GT3 with more miles for not much less. A beat up one (that a couple of members on here had personal knowledge of) is currently on for $28k over msrp (yes and not selling because of price vs condition)
Old 11-29-2022, 06:09 PM
mad_max
Racer

Not always. Hence the reason I am asking on this forum if anyone has personal knowledge about this car. $15k over original MSRP for a 991.2 CPO GT3 is actually a really good price based on the current market. You can get a pretty basic GT3 with more miles for not much less. A beat up one (that a couple of members on here had personal knowledge of) is currently on for $28k over msrp (yes and not selling because of price vs condition)
Hennessy sponsors Smokies GT. I can put you in touch with someone you can trust at the dealer if you want.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:14 PM
AgsWin
Instructor

Originally Posted by mad_max
Hennessy sponsors Smokies GT. I can put you in touch with someone you can trust at the dealer if you want.
Thanks, just trying to figure out how the options work I guess. The guy I am talking to either doesn't know what he is talking about or is trying to BS me. If the brake calipers were painted aftermarket then I want to know that or if they were factory then it should say somewhere on the spec sheet right?
Old 11-30-2022, 12:25 AM
Xec
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks, just trying to figure out how the options work I guess. The guy I am talking to either doesn't know what he is talking about or is trying to BS me. If the brake calipers were painted aftermarket then I want to know that or if they were factory then it should say somewhere on the spec sheet right?
The code that shows exclusive personal touches is “CXX.” If it’s a CXX allocation, you’d usually see other stuff too like PTS and custom interior options.

This one to me smells fishy
Larry Cable (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 12:39 AM
AgsWin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xec
The code that shows exclusive personal touches is “CXX.” If it’s a CXX allocation, you’d usually see other stuff too like PTS and custom interior options.

This one to me smells fishy
This is the email from the dealer that got me to post about it on here. "This car is one of one and everything you see is from factory. It is one of the car built with the exclusive manufaktur. I've attached this more detailed sheet for you to see where certain options are under the exclusive manufaktur. It does not have PCCB but is part of the custom exclusive manufaktur. We are one of a dozen dealership in the nation that is a Exclusive Manufaktur Partner that require us to do a custom build like this one (this is BS as any dealer can add the exclusive manufaktur option)

When I pressed him on why the build sheet doesn't show any of the exterior specs and shows "red calipers" he said this - Top portion is standard you have to see the bottom part where it says CXX Custom Tailoring Option (Special wishes that require further communication) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. It won't be like your typical GT3 buildsheet layout.

Below is what he is talking about, but it still has no mention of the exterior being orange, the emblems and the brake calipers being orange.

CXX - Custom Tailoring Option (Special wishes that require further communication) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur - $0

00480 - Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread - $0
H2 - Lava Orange

24931 - Preparation for Exterior in Custom Color - $0
63A - Sport Classic Grey

MSRP incl. Options (excl. Individually Commissioned Equipment [CXX], if
any)

$180,790
$1,050
$1,000

Last edited by AgsWin; 11-30-2022 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:23 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:53 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Some CXX requests are routinely declined except for the most special of factory VIPs and brake caliper color change is one of them. The factory is not keen on small tidbits of deviated paint either. The rest of the orange bits could be factory CXX, particularly the side stripe, but the build sheet should indicate this as it does the stitching and paint. The options must add up to the final MSRP over the base MSRP in any case.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:10 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

The stripes all look factory CXX to me. I can't comment on the painted bits and brakes without seeing in person. Do you know the total cost of the CXX custom tailoring? If anything more than $7k I'd bet at least some of the Lava Orange painted bits are factory as well as the wheels, and possibly the calipers- though CXX painted calipers is extremely rare on 991.2's.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:59 PM
AgsWin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Carrara Design
The stripes all look factory CXX to me. I can't comment on the painted bits and brakes without seeing in person. Do you know the total cost of the CXX custom tailoring? If anything more than $7k I'd bet at least some of the Lava Orange painted bits are factory as well as the wheels, and possibly the calipers- though CXX painted calipers is extremely rare on 991.2's.
I have the build sheet in pdf. All I see is the following regarding Exclusive Manufaktur. Just can't find anything on the exterior anywhere.

The exterior color - $12,830
Air vent slats painted and air vent surrounds in leather - $1720
Extended Deviated Stitching Interior - $3500
Deviated stitching steering column casing - $610
Deviated floormats - $460

CXX - Custom Tailoring Option - "see list per y.nikolayeva" - $0
Old 11-30-2022, 04:50 PM
AgsWin
Instructor

Originally Posted by lawrence1
sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck with the purchase.
I see your point though. I think that the $12k PTS paint skews the MSRP, which if you take that out, they are pricing it at $25k over MSRP without PCCB
Larry Cable (11-30-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

This is the email from the dealer that got me to post about it on here. "This car is one of one and everything you see is from factory. It is one of the car built with the exclusive manufaktur. I've attached this more detailed sheet for you to see where certain options are under the exclusive manufaktur. It does not have PCCB but is part of the custom exclusive manufaktur. We are one of a dozen dealership in the nation that is a Exclusive Manufaktur Partner that require us to do a custom build like this one (this is BS as any dealer can add the exclusive manufaktur option)

When I pressed him on why the build sheet doesn't show any of the exterior specs and shows "red calipers" he said this - Top portion is standard you have to see the bottom part where it says CXX Custom Tailoring Option (Special wishes that require further communication) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. It won't be like your typical GT3 buildsheet layout.

Below is what he is talking about, but it still has no mention of the exterior being orange, the emblems and the brake calipers being orange.

CXX - Custom Tailoring Option (Special wishes that require further communication) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur - $0

00480 - Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread - $0
H2 - Lava Orange

24931 - Preparation for Exterior in Custom Color - $0
63A - Sport Classic Grey

MSRP incl. Options (excl. Individually Commissioned Equipment [CXX], if
any)

$180,790
$1,050
$1,000
Hennessy is one of the few actual Exclusive Manufaktor partners. Who are you working with there? Feel free to PM. I can probably help.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:21 PM
mad_max
Racer

Originally Posted by Pointbye
Hennessy is one of the few actual Exclusive Manufaktor partners. Who are you working with there? Feel free to PM. I can probably help.
I told OP the same having previously bought a car from them and also them being a Smokies sponsor. If it was a 6spd I would've definitely considered buying it myself. :-)

Quick Reply: Anyone know the story on this GT3?