Sponsored by:

buying a '14 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 01:05 PM
mredwin25
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mthrice
Hold out for a G6. You will be second guessing your decision if the engine hasn't gone in the next 18 months. Only a few bucks more for piece of mind is well worth it in my opinion.
This
Old 10-20-2022, 01:06 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dapopa9
Do these Lemon Law cars have a Porsche warranty on them at all?
Yes, but the branded title definitely impacts the value by about 10% or so.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:33 PM
Viperfish
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if Porsche offers an additional warranty for purchase over the 120k/10yr? Or a best company to use for added assurance IF I were to find a GT3 worth buying?
Old 10-24-2022, 08:30 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfish
Does anyone know if Porsche offers an additional warranty for purchase over the 120k/10yr? Or a best company to use for added assurance IF I were to find a GT3 worth buying?
Our provider Freedom Warranty offers coverage on these GT cars, for pricing and an example contract that explains coverage you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 10-24-2022, 08:41 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Our provider Freedom Warranty offers coverage on these GT cars, for pricing and an example contract that explains coverage you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.
You should probably state up front that your warranties have a limit on how much can be paid in claims. I had to find that part in the find print, pretty misleading IMO....you guys tried to sell me a Ferrari warranty and the total cap was like $20k which won't even cover one major repair, and they wanted something like $6k for the warranty.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 10-24-2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:52 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
You should probably state up front that your warranties have a limit on how much can be paid in claims. I had to find that part in the find print, pretty misleading IMO....you guys tried to sell me a Ferrari warranty and the total cap was like $20k which won't even cover one major repair, and they wanted something like $6k for the warranty.
This was the first email I sent, not sure how this is misleading at all? $20k per claim cap/ $40k policy cap.

"Here is the information from Freedom Warranty for your GT3, repairs accepted at all Porsche dealers and licensed repair facilities in the country, $275 in labor an hour covered, and Highline Autos customers have their per claim coverage doubled to $20k. I have the same policy on my personal vehicle, 100% claims acceptance with all Freedom Warranty customers.

The policy is going to read as a Ferrari 488, all GT3 based vehicles require a manual upgrade to "X" class coverage in the system.

*PNG OF PRICING*

$100 deductible, 0% Financing is available

Contract is attached, Section 2 1a are your only exclusions (highlighted), Section 11 lists your included additional coverage (highlighted as well).

Let me know if you have any questions. "

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 10-24-2022 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:53 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
This was the first email I sent, not sure how this is misleading at all? $20k per claim cap/ $40k policy cap.

"Here is the information from Freedom Warranty for your GT3, repairs accepted at all Porsche dealers and licensed repair facilities in the country, $275 in labor an hour covered, and Highline Autos customers have their per claim coverage doubled to $20k. I have the same policy on my personal vehicle, 100% claims acceptance with all Freedom Warranty customers.

The policy is going to read as a Ferrari 488, all GT3 based vehicles require a manual upgrade to "X" class coverage in the system.

*PNG OF PRICING*

$100 deductible, 0% Financing is available

Contract is attached, Section 2 1a are your only exclusions (highlighted), Section 11 lists your included additional coverage (highlighted as well).

Let me know if you have any questions. "
Seems reasonable. Did this change recently? I’m 98% sure I was told a $20K overall coverage cap on the Ferrari FF and it wasn’t made clear until I asked about it.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:44 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Seems reasonable. Did this change recently? I’m 98% sure I was told a $20K overall coverage cap on the Ferrari FF and it wasn’t made clear until I asked about it.
I think I know what happened, so the contract is the same for both "standard" vehicles and exotics, so it lists both payout caps, but specifies that if you are an X class, the $40k applies to you, you then have to go to the front page and see Class: X in the top right.
The following users liked this post:
dgoldenz (10-25-2022)

Quick Reply: buying a '14 GT3