Sponsored by:

I paid $260k for this. How stupid am I?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 05:14 AM
CSLSuperfan
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderdent
I paid 209k for my .1 3RS about 14 months ago.
2k mile car. Never tracked. PTS color (RSGreen)
At the time people told me I overpaid also, but even though all the “market research” I had done showed the average sales at 189k, that wasn’t at all what the few PTS color ones I was looking at were.

I had it down to a Signal Green one in Texas (also at 209k)
and the RS Green one in Oregon that I ended up purchasing.

I purchased mine based on the relationship I formed with Daven at Grand Prix Auto.
I tried talking with the other lady in Texas, but she was just flat rude. Had no time to talk. You either took her offer or that was the end of the convo.

The one I bought I’d followed for a few years. It was listed at 179k at one point 3 years before at a different dealership. But that was then. Times had already changed. The market was up, the prices were correcting, and they were going up.

Not that I’d ever sell mine, but if I did, I wouldn’t let it go for less than 260k. Because that’s the market for a low mileage PTS RS car right now.

Its not a multiple production white, black, UV, lava. 991.1

And it’s not the far too over produced stock Lizard 991.2.

PTS cars are rarer. The fact that there was only one year of production for 991.1 RS cars in 2016, and it being PTS color, I can almost guarantee it’s a one-of-one color. I suppose PCNA would know for sure.

There were a boatload of 991.2s made.
I think we’ll see the .1s go up in value as time moves on. Classic design, soft edges, wrapped up with the RS goodies.
This is very similar to my situation back in 2020. I bought my 991.1 3RS in September 2020 having unknowingly ( at the time of purchase ) first met the car and its first owner back in Spa in 2016. We had hired a pit garage at Spa and i was sharing it with a few others cars; one being a PTS Viper Green GT3RS . 4.5 years later i stumble across the car for sale in London but it wasn't until i had paid the deposit and ventured down to view the car i discovered they were one and the same. 1 of only 5 PTS VG RHD cars in the UK.

The OP has impeccable taste along with all the other .1 3RS admirers / owners.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:11 AM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts

What's done is done a fast driver in a .1 RS is faster then an average guy in a .2 RS.

Enjoy your RS it's a great machine for it's intended purpose.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:15 PM
JRoman21
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I have been currently doing some shopping analysis online for 2019 GT3 RS' and it definitely seems supply is becoming very fluid and prices are slowly leaking down. There are over 40 well suited, very nice spec '19 RS available based on the criteria I was searching so am sure there is even more readily available. There are 5 just within 20 miles of me that are available as well. Seems its a combination of things from people getting their new '22 GT3s along with stock market woes, ukraine/russia, inflation, etc. Seems a bit toppy for me at this moment Very curious to see where we stand 6 months from now.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:15 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,018 Likes on 645 Posts

Another Panda, looks brand new - it will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. The smile on the dial is the only thing that really matters.

Quick Reply: I paid $260k for this. How stupid am I?