Sponsored by:

Thoughts on move from 991.1RS to 991.2RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 11:23 AM
CustomPerformanc
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey1
After 9,000 miles of mountain road driving I sold my .1RS a few months ago, and began the search for a .2RS. Timing was not great for the purchase - but you only live once and life without an RS is less fun so forget the $$. In any event, it took a few months but I was able to source a terrific Lizard Green WP 991.2RS with about 3,800 miles on the clock. While I was waiting to find the car, in a moment of weakness, I bought the Dundon intake and throttle body to go along with the headers and loud muffler I had taken off my .1RS.

Fast forward and everything has been installed, PPF wrapped, fluids changed and the weather improved enough for my wife and I to hit the N. GA / NC mountains this weekend. Man I missed seat time in these cars!

Initial thoughts:

1. This green is bright! Sort of glows... Didn't think it would stand out more than my UV, but it sure does.
2. Power: I did not get to drive it without the Dundon stuff installed in any meaningful way - but with everything installed I am blown away. This whole power package is simply incredible. The acceleration in 2nd gear and up is significantly improved. The torque from 3,500+ coming out of corners is the most significant and addictive. Above 90mph its a different car. Jamie at Dundon is right - the big improvements come while the car is really moving.
3. Sound: I loved my old set up with Dundon street headers and loud muffler, but the addition of the intake and throttle body on this motor takes it to another level.
4. Suspension: I am sure its my limitations as a driver (and cold roads don't help) but the front end feels lighter than my .1RS right now. The .1RS just inspired confidence with all that mechanical grip. I am going to install a DSC, and am actively asking for advice on suspension settings for a non-track guy that hits the mountain roads pretty hard. I hope to hear from you guys with .2 experience
5. Other Stuff: I love the rear camera and having Apple CarPlay is a great addition for seeing the GPS directions on the screen.

So was the $60,000 delta worth it, for me, maybe.... but with the Dundon package added in - 110%. This car blew me away up there in the mountains and I'm looking forward to getting my confidence back behind the wheel of this thing.

Bogey
I went from a .1RS to a .2 RS, and initially thought I had made a mistake. After a couple of months relearning to drive the new model I was pleased I made the switch. There are lots of similarities, but also plenty of differences that required a few tweaks to the way I drive it. In terms of it being "worth it" for the $60K delta I'd say yes. Not so much from a performance or enjoyment standpoint, but rather from a price protection standpoint. The delta between the two has been roughly $60K for some time now (pretty close to what I paid to go from my .1 to my .2 a year and a half ago). When it comes time to sell you probably won't lose much (if any) of that $60K.
The following users liked this post:
bogey1 (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 12:00 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Encouraging. A modern car that is more enjoyable at street speeds is what I constantly hunt.
People are quite fond of the toyota gr86 specifically for that reason
The following users liked this post:
Cay_PI (02-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on move from 991.1RS to 991.2RS