Sponsored by:

NEED HELP...about to make a gt3rs purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 07:28 AM
CSLSuperfan
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
if the mileage itself and resale are irrelevant, then go for it. But you also mention reliability and possible CPO. IMO thats where the multiple owners, high mileage, unknown service history, unknown track history (prior to the the current owner) make it a crapshoot. And unless the service history can be documented, it would seem highly unlikely a dealer can/will CPO it.

I would also disagree with your statement that a 3 owner 40K mile car with all of these unknowns could ever be “better” or preferable to a single owner 5K mile car bought new-

Agreed
If your M.O. is getting into the WP market at the lowest cost then it kind of fits. I hear from lots of GT owners that their cars are "keepers". Some do then sell on prematurely due to change in circumstances etc. $215,000 is very tempting. Personally i would drop the WP urge and buy low miles/owners non WP car.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:34 AM
CSLSuperfan
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JustaBug
so I took all your advice and decided not to do it.

a few reasons…first of all of course everyone cares about cost/benefit analysis. I didn’t want to spend money on repairs and worries with mechanics and what not.

the car was a 236k msrp with full ppf and ceramic

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/201...74s-c-6265.htm

this is the car. But that was an older listing but has more info on the car.
Good decision. Stretch your budget and buy the best ( low mileage/owner best spec etc ). It will reap benefits should you wish to sell in the future.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:51 PM
JustaBug
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSLSuperfan

Agreed
If your M.O. is getting into the WP market at the lowest cost then it kind of fits. I hear from lots of GT owners that their cars are "keepers". Some do then sell on prematurely due to change in circumstances etc. $215,000 is very tempting. Personally i would drop the WP urge and buy low miles/owners non WP car.
yes. That’s exactly what I’ll be doing.

im happy I asked here.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:14 PM
rockhouse66
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

So this car is at Champion? Interesting, because I assumed you were talking about the black 35K mile GT3RS Weissach at the Lambo dealer in Sarasota. Quite the coincidence.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by JustaBug
so I took all your advice and decided not to do it.

a few reasons…first of all of course everyone cares about cost/benefit analysis. I didn’t want to spend money on repairs and worries with mechanics and what not.

the car was a 236k msrp with full ppf and ceramic

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/201...74s-c-6265.htm

this is the car. But that was an older listing but has more info on the car.
I think your concern was unfounded however I am a little surprised that since this car was listed at a dealer that it was not CPO'ed.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:56 PM
wearegiant
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Hey OP... did you check out the chalk 991.2RS for sale here on RL at $254k w/3,300 miles? This is a price jump I would seriously consider in your situation. Original owner and barely used. No WP, however, it has all the great options and tasteful mods. In addition, you could fly to Vegas and drive it home easily. I would compare items like the clear bra and the enclosed shipping expense from FL to CA as well.
This.... Private seller with title in hand as well.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

To the OP, how about a lower mileage RS non weissach? Not a big deal imo and still an RS
The following users liked this post:
JustaBug (12-04-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 11:02 PM
JustaBug
Track Day

Originally Posted by rockhouse66
So this car is at Champion? Interesting, because I assumed you were talking about the black 35K mile GT3RS Weissach at the Lambo dealer in Sarasota. Quite the coincidence.
yes the one at Sarasota. I’m sure if they could’ve gotten it cpo’d they would
Old 12-05-2021, 12:32 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 406 Posts

In order to be CPO it has to go through a Porsche dealer. If the CarFax is accurate, it appears it may have been a dealer GM/owner vehicle prior to first being sold, which it was then offered as CPO. It is very interesting to see, again assuming mileage intervals are accurate in the report, how mileage was accumulated. Someone really got to enjoy this car (maybe some great road trips...). In one interval (Sept '20), there were 4k miles done in 24 days. Btw, nothing wrong with tracking these, as they are made for it. If that were to be a sticking point for someone, would have asked why the tow hook cover was installed/replaced. The calipers were painted black at some point too, looks good for that car. Again, big applause for the owner(s) lucky to drive an RS that much. Still wouldn't be a buyer at $215k though.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:15 AM
JustaBug
Track Day

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
In order to be CPO it has to go through a Porsche dealer. If the CarFax is accurate, it appears it may have been a dealer GM/owner vehicle prior to first being sold, which it was then offered as CPO. It is very interesting to see, again assuming mileage intervals are accurate in the report, how mileage was accumulated. Someone really got to enjoy this car (maybe some great road trips...). In one interval (Sept '20), there were 4k miles done in 24 days. Btw, nothing wrong with tracking these, as they are made for it. If that were to be a sticking point for someone, would have asked why the tow hook cover was installed/replaced. The calipers were painted black at some point too, looks good for that car. Again, big applause for the owner(s) lucky to drive an RS that much. Still wouldn't be a buyer at $215k though.
your ABSOLUTELY right. All the points I saw. So what happened according to my SA is that someone at Sarasota lambo bought it and drove a lot. Apparently would drive it to family in Virginia. Funny thing is he probably still bought it cheaper than 215. Drove the heck out of it and will sell either at or a little below his purchase price. I asked my friends (he’s a vip) Porsche SA here in LOs angeles. The sa said if it’s possible I would do it but after I have him the deets he said no, it can’t be cpod
Old 12-05-2021, 11:33 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

Our dealer just sold a $197 MSRP car WITH 550 miles for $265k in 1 day. This market is still an opportunity. 992 GT3's are selling for $100 over.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP...about to make a gt3rs purchase